• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wowsa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wowsa

Across North western Nsw today.

Station pastoral country ultra low rainfall 8 to 10 inch per year country

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAB29904-53C4-4019-BC23-24728E1892D6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	779481

So that's what we look forward to in East Sask next year we were 3 to 6 in this year.

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      So that's what we look forward to in East Sask next year we were 3 to 6 in this year.

Ouch.
      Same here but there is no global warming. Earliest wheat and soy harvest we have ever seen in 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Same here but there is no global warming. Earliest wheat and soy harvest we have ever seen in 60 years.
        so its happened before 60 years ago... a warm early harvest...

Earliest I remember being finished combining was sept 5.....was still swathing and not much other than summer fallow and wheat in the rotation...no talk of climate change but got a lot of work done that fall and enjoyed it....hunted a few game birds...hauled bales in nice weather...

Weather is to be enjoyed not used as a weapon to phuck an economy...
        Last edited by bucket; Sep 21, 2020, 08:13.

Comment

1984 we were done all harvest in August.

Comment

I doubt very much that it will blow like that even remotely out here. Dry as it is in places, there is a lot of crop residue that will hold the soil. I think it is quite bizarre to state it will look like this in the garden of eden next spring.

Unless the recreational tillers head out again this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              I finished on August 28th where I live. August harvest very commonplace here in this corner of the province. Drought will do that.

Comment

Finished st cut wheat Aug 20. That used to be winter wheat harvest.

Comment

1984 90 days from seeing to in the bin. Biggest rain was .2 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                    1984 90 days from seeing to in the bin. Biggest rain was .2 inches.
                    I am guessing a 15 bus crop not 50.

Comment

Heading out to harvest almost dry wheat this afternoon that has been swathed for a week on Sept 21. Miraculously there has not been a rain shower on it. Must be global warming. We normally harvest when there is a foot of snow on the ground. Was 17.5% saturday evening.

Comment

See slough bottoms that have been under water for20 years, before that some had 30 years of poplar tree growth.
                        Wonder what odds are of getting crops by working them up to get in shape for cropping?
                        Think it is worth the gamble, extended dry years about as likely as wet ones.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          Finished st cut wheat Aug 20. That used to be winter wheat harvest.
                          Different worlds ... Harvest still not hardly underway in some areas of far NWSask ... cool summer with very low GDD .
                          Warm temps helped for a bit but not enough Trns of thousands of acres frozen yet again , third year in a row in many areas with early frost damage.

Comment

Recall past dry years when we cultivated land in order to control perennial weeds.
                            Snow used to blow off and collect along fence lines and field edges.
                            Not unusual to get twice the yield on first outside round or two.
                            Thankful for herbicides that allow us to leave stubble standing and direct seeding.

Comment

1971 here , barley seeded in June matured in 70 days, super 92 15 foot swath with a 13 year old me at the controls.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.