• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A + W shift gears

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Forecast ——->Showers ——> Possible Sprinkles.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Rain Forecast ——->Showers ——> Possible Sprinkles.
      According to Lerner's pretty map.....we're on the edge of it again, got to keep the theme alive.

Comment

As far as I know, grass fed beef is not defined and regulated like organic is. So there is a fair amount of interpretation involved in what can be called grass fed.
        Hay, grain or corn silage, greenfeed, corn grazing etc. most definitely qualify as grass fed.
        As do sprouts from malting/
        As does sprouted grain. I met a couple who markets grass fed beef, but feeds them hand sprouted grain, which technically is grass instead of grain by someone definition. After learning about the manual labour involved in that process, they deserve to get a premium for their beef.
        From the point of view of the finished product, it matter most what the animal is finished with, rather than what they ate the rest of their lives, hence the term grass finished beef being almost interchangeable.
        Doesn't matter what the momma cow eats, feed the rest of the herd grain all winter, just not the calves.

Chuck should be interested to learn that grass fed actually vastly inreases the methane emissions from digestions vs grain fed. But I'm sure there will be a tax to fix that coming soon to a farm near you.

Comment

Hey AB5 had opportunity to try a small cut of wagyu steak.

Hopefully you don’t produce it don’t wanna offend found it disgusting like eating butter/fat with a bit of beef.

Give me eye fillet or rump steak from Angus or Hereford any day.

Even the super dry aged beef dunno was real good but not sure if better than something hung for standard 21 days

Again probably showing I’m outdated, gotta eat latest new age stuff like tofu.........
          Last edited by malleefarmer; Sep 20, 2020, 01:41.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Hey AB5 had opportunity to try a small cut of wagyu steak.

Hopefully you don’t produce it don’t wanna offend found it disgusting like eating butter/fat with a bit of beef.

Give me eye fillet or rump steak from Angus or Hereford any day.

Even the super dry aged beef dunno was real good but not sure if better than something hung for standard 21 days

Again probably showing I’m outdated, gotta eat latest new age stuff like tofu.........
            Thx Mallee...

Tried the 'new' Teen Burger'. Not impressed.
            1/3 smaller patty size. Very dry and bland.

On the 'Grass Fed' disclaimers... there are enough exceptions allowed... that about any feed ration would be allowed... to stop the animal from being 'hungry'. Barley fed beef is excellent... and Canadian beef farmers grow the best beef when they finish their beef with barley.

I am old school too... this new A&W 'gimmick' is more deceptive than the last one... and just means less Canadian beef of lower quality goes into A&W burgers... they are now bland, and; Mac's, Wendy's, Harvey's Burger King, and DQ, all taste better... at less cost. The experence was disappointing.

Cheers!
            Last edited by TOM4CWB; Sep 20, 2020, 02:41.

Comment

Don’t do burgers often mostly home made ground beef make your own bit of egg flour pepper spice done.

How did I get Waygu got it via a friend had some to try if they wanted to put it On there menu in steak restaurant asked me to try it got about 2 mouthfuls obscencecthink it was $400 per kilo they passed on getting it peoplecwont pay that in a mid range steak restaurant diner more the $ 25 to 40 range per steak

Getting older fussier prefer to buy a side of beef get it cut how I want cook it how I want rather than restaurants.

Wife and I like it rare so it just bellows when ya cut it son and kids well done burnt blah

Comment

Had a corn fed steak in the US a few years ago, I prefer the barley finished, more flavor IMO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...