• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarm doesn’t get it either

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarm doesn’t get it either

Heard interview with sarm and not a mention of the canola problem. Only sask party speaking points carbon tax and pipe lines.
    How about asking why we have a pst? If the carbon tax is going to Destroy us why isn’t the pst destroying us? I think maybe someone needs to wake up canola and grain pay the local taxes not oil and carbon tax.

Wheelie, this RM has two major pipeline corridors running right through it and another single one clipping the corner and a pumping station on one corridor and "something" lesser on the other one. And a smattering of oil wells in another corner.

Our farmland taxes are cheap because of that "tax base". And there is some of that infamous Regina clay soil in this RM too, that might be taxed alot higher if it wasn't for pipelines, in fact even Ghetto dirt enjoys cheaper taxes because of them(everything is relative)

Comment

Comment

About time. Many counselors were wondering
        Wtf is up when it wasn’t mentioned earlier.
        Somebody maybe reads agriville!! lol

Now how about fuel tax exemption on gas?
        Pst shouldn’t be on anything agricultural we pay enough.
        Do something about crop insurance coverage and premiums
        Many road projects behind due to province not putting in their share.

Comment

The best thing that could happen to SARM is for the current number of RM districts be cut in half . There is so much waste with ratepayers money that it is criminal. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            The best thing that could happen to SARM is for the current number of RM districts be cut in half . There is so much waste with ratepayers money that it is criminal. Just my opinion.
            I guess depends how your RM is run. They can amalgamate the ones around you. Leave mine alone. The neighbouring ones here sound like quite the shit show.

Out of curiosity what waste would you eliminate in your RM?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
              I guess depends how your RM is run. They can amalgamate the ones around you. Leave mine alone. The neighbouring ones here sound like quite the shit show.

Out of curiosity what waste would you eliminate in your RM?
              The reeve , a few highly overpaid employees , and a few counsellors. We have 9 townships in our RM , and it could easily be absorbed into any of the three RM's around us, and save the ratepayers a LOT of tax $.

Comment

I don't think we are getting horrible value for what our councilors get paid in this RM. Unless you want fewer councilors in each RM and administators looking after larger areas. Or equipment costs "spread" out over larger areas.

I too am satisfied with the status quo here.

Not all RMs are on the same footing some are wealthier than others.

12 townships, 6 councillors, 1 administrator, and 1 assistant administrator. I forget how many employees, full time and some part time.

There's money in reserve here.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 14, 2019, 07:20.

Comment

Well at least many councillors attacked the current government and not kissed their asses wanting a future Mla job about the total disrespect and disgrace in rural healthcare.
                  Some are getting it. Sask party has forgotten who it then in power and who can take them out.
                  Hammering farmers any way they can.

Comment

Okay squeaky wheel I was at the a good portion of the convention and canola, pipelines, health care, carbon tax all were a pretty major topic most
                    of the days.

I did find it interesting that in the bear pit session a few of the delegates think we all need a fully staffed hospital within 20 minuets of where we are at all times, I’m not sure how any large area with a small population like Saskatchewan could ever fund the health care that some are dreaming of.

SARM gets it but it’s not a perfect world, I did see hard working people and I’m sure there’s a few paper pushers Puting in time until retirement but it’s the system we have and it’s not perfect but most of the time it does work.

I was on council more than 10 years ago and never went to the conventions, was to busy raising kids and cows but my wife is an RM administrator so I decided to tag along this time.

I’m still unsure if all the money spent on the convention is worth it, it’s definitely in the millions.

Comment

Is it just me or does Ray Orb appear to be a Liberal??????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...