• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StatsCan is getting wise to me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StatsCan is getting wise to me

Every time they call I automatically save the number and block it on the phone. Probably have 30 different numbers blocked over the years. Been on a blitz lately and they have phoned about 6 times in the last few weeks - bound and determined to get me to do the ag census. Seen today that they phoned with a number listed as private, so you can't block them. Wise ****ers. Now if they try that on a regular basis I might have to answer with my typical '**** off'.

I got a letter in the MAIL to take the survey online...way more important I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      I got a letter in the MAIL to take the survey online...way more important I guess!
      I get those often too. Great way to start fire in the stove. Maybe I should mark it 'Return to Sender' and toss back in mail?

Comment

I glance at the phone and if its not one of the two Grandma's i don't answer. It rings five or six times day and anything important it can go to voice mail. Should get it disconnected. Sure beats talking to them.

Comment

Unless I recognize the number I seldom answer it. I let either the Cell's message manager or house's answering machine take a message if the caller thinks its important enough to leave one. Lots of times they don't. The numbers that the survey people and Stats Canada started to use from your own area(area code and prefix) sometimes look suspect because the last 4 digits don't fall in the same range the phone company uses in your area, Cell phone use has made that hard to notice....enter answering machines and message services.

I never thought I would resort to this level of call screening.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 14, 2019, 00:16.

Comment

isnt it wonderful we farmers have to by law report our supplies yet the trade doesnt have to supply their sales. i got rid of my land line, cell phone only, let my contacts ring my phone, the rest are silenced, or go to voicemail.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Unless I recognize the number I seldom answer it. I let either the Cell's message manager or house's answering machine take a message if the caller thinks its important enough to leave one. Lots of times they don't. The numbers that the survey people and Stats Canada started to use from your own area(area code and prefix) sometimes look suspect because the last 4 digits don't fall in the same range the phone company uses in your area, Cell phone use has made that hard to notice....enter answering machines and message services.

I never thought I would resort to this level of call screening.
              You're not alone.

Comment

I pay the phone bill for my use. There's no law i have to carry it with me every waking hour or answer it for that matter. I get over 6 calls a day. Piss off. Ive watched markets tank on bullish numbers and go up on bearish. It does nothing for the industry planning to my benefit. Maybe it helps the grain companies figure out a starting point for screwing us on basis idk. But as we found out in the US during shutdown, the market will continue with or without numbers from the producer. Axe the whole lot at Statscan.

Comment

Honestly, I'm prepared to pay the fine to live in peace. Call me what you will.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.