• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks 101, I would like to see the futures work a little more for me rather than using the positive basis to achieve the higher price.

Comment

Macdon02, that is beyond my comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
        If we see 676 soy my mentality will shift from sell every rally to weld the bin doors using options to reown multi year inventory. Upside target being $33. That's when i call Ritchie Bros.
        Ha, by then a new pickup truck will be 200,000

I don't disagree that $7 beans are possible. I would say 2021 as early as April/May or at least by Nov.
        It is a possibility anyway. Not a sure thing

Comment

In the mean time, canola has decided what to do after the July 8 up-down day.
          Prices are up nicely today and have actually broken through some resistance.

Update: Friday closed lower. Not unexpected, as it often does, but not positive either.
          Last edited by farming101; Jul 11, 2020, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Timing is not good. 50/50 or smaller chance for an intraday @490.

Farm deliveries were just under half a million tonnes for the week ended June 28. Haven't run out yet. If speculation pushes the futures higher I would watch for basis to deteriorate
            Agree, old crop basis now at-risk.

USDA really didn’t throw any bone out yesterday. With the U.S. crop in such good condition, summer bulls may start to throw-in-the-towel . . . .

Trump admitting no Phase 2 deal, but what about Phase 1?

Comment

Looks like 484.30 has some special significance...the mark to beat. Could also be a double top, hope not
              Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX20 071720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	769958

Comment

Lethbridge still has $0 basis for November.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                  23 under here

November closed a tick or two under the median line. Best close for the nearby since March 31 and a Friday too.

Comment

Richardson's crush plant?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Richardson's crush plant?
                      Yes. In fact they picked up $11 November targets so actually +$1.70 basis

Comment

Yes. In fact they picked up $11 November targets so actually +$1.70 basis
                        Are they other locals competitive?

Comment

Basis on delivered Yorkton Richardson crush is -$25 for fall off Nov

Delivered locally for fall off Nov ~-$50.....Yee-Yikes

Maybe some negotiating could improve those #'s.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Are they other locals competitive?
                            I think so but not sure. I basically only sell to the crusher

Comment

Just starting here , be patient

Comment

And I just priced some specialty canola the other day. My basis is locked in and its what really enhances the net price. So it's the futures that has to do the heavy lifting to make my price even better.

I did get a good price but....

I priced about 6 bu/ac. That is enough for now because even that is more than I ever did in the past. Usually waited til crop was in the bin. If futures continues to run and the crop looks like a sure thing I might do more. What are the chances of a harvest rally? We saw some canola fields that are losing their luster....finishing up flowering. I assume some southern Alberta canola is fully podded?
                                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 18, 2020, 00:15.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.