• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Census laugh

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Census laugh

Just helped an 81 yr old teacher landlord fill out his farm census.
    All his machinery values etc etc.
    "Our" succession plan. Bahaha
    Never owned a spade.
    What a belly laugh after hanging up phone. To think someone sees any value in the info as supplied. Speechless but still laughing.

I once told them in my most serious tone how many acres of pineapples we grow, and how many head of Alligators we run on the ranch. The person dutifully recorded it without question.

Comment

Reminds me of the cwb voting list.
      There I go laughing again.

TBH I haven't done one in years.
      Last edited by blackpowder; May 3, 2021, 22:08.

Comment

What a stupid time of the yr for us farmers.
        Idiots..

Comment

The perfect time actually.
          Tax returns just in. Makes sense to Ottawa.... and ex wives.

Comment

Some people can't wait to tell their stories....then the census people report to parliament that farmers are buying land for 300000 a quarter in buttphuck saskatchewan...that's with tax paid dollars...we are not taxing them heavy enough is the result....

Quad tracks and bourgault drills at 1.5 million per complete outfit....

These guys are making out like bandits the government agency will claim...

they can afford the carbon tax and an NDP wealth tax as well as a reduced capital gains exemption...

And so it goes how we end up paying more tax...

Please don't brag to the census....its bad business...for everyone.

Comment

Earlier this spring I had a very long conversation with a census worker about what we have to put up with in the west from Ottawa the last five years and counting. I told him that until the west gets treated properly and we get rid of the Trudeau Govt. , I will never fill out a census form again.

The guy was from Winnipeg , and half the things I listed off he wasn't even aware of. That tells me how informed people are.

Comment

Is there a question about ethnicity? I used to answer "Canadian" because I am 4th generation. After the last census I thought I might answer "Albertan" because I am 4th generation Albertan. Now I believe my answer will be "human".

Comment

And if VAXED say GMO humanoid

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    And if VAXED say GMO humanoid
                    Oh you're nasty!

Comment

Just did the Ag one this morning. I don’t get why they ask what I think the value of my land, buildings, and equipment is? More puzzling is the value of leased land, equipment, and buildings as well. I run with the premise that everything ain’t worth nothing till it’s sold with cash in hand. Funny they don’t care about the value of my herd ...............or is that they know it’s a liability until sold😉

Haven’t gotten around to discussing succession plans with the kids yet either. Maybe when they get out of elementary school in four or five years😎

Always ask for my email and cell number but they ain’t got it yet.

Comment

Always found oit less stressful if I allotted a limited amount of time to get it completed.
                        10 minutes was about all it justified and if you don't fret over details it doesn't spoil your day.

Comment

I have cut off all contact with them for at least the last 10 years.

Last time I they hounded me for months with phone calls and even had people coming to the yard threatening with jail time. I told then I would do it in January but they weren't interested in that.
                          They told me the winter won't work because the snow birds are away and the summer won't work because most people are away at their cottages.
                          So if holidays are more important than agriculture screw them.
                          I don't have a house phone now and as far as I know they don't have my cell number. They can't come to my house because of the scary China Flue! They might E mail me but they will likely end up in junk mail and deleted.
                          You really can't be to careful with scams!

Comment

Didn't realize our farm was worth so little.
                            It says estimate..lol..
                            Crops grown was mostly pot..
                            This was fun..

Comment

Anyone know what the fine is if they bother?? $500 I thought.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...