• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed depth ......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea beetles have been a huge problem here in recent years. I find if canola is seeded little bit too deep it takes too long to come up, That treatment must have lost its efficacy, And the The Beatles just destroy everything as soon as it pops out.
    I used rigid frame drill so I see this every Time it goes over a hump, ridge or hilltop.
    It always rains here, so I am usually satisfied just to have most canola seeds covered, and if 10% are on the surface, they will still grow. At least that was the plan until we had no moisture at all in May and June for a few years. Now I put it in too deep, and it never stops raining... everything is works until it doesn't.

Comment

Here you can see the precision drills from the road again.

Comment

Farming. And next year doing the exact same everything, the emergence will be opposite.

Always the right method but wrong year for most of us mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          Farming. And next year doing the exact same everything, the emergence will be opposite.

Always the right method but wrong year for most of us mortals.

Yep, I'm really good at preparing for the catastrophes we had last year with my 20/20 hindsight. And mother nature is really good at New and highly creative combinations of catastrophes to throw at me.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Here you can see the precision drills from the road again.
            In a good way or a bad way? Operator or equipment deserves the credit /blame?

Comment

Here, in my opinion, better. Last several years. 2 reasons. In my non peer, non reviewed opinion.
              1 Better straw management required.
              2 By design nature, less depth variance.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                I seed her half inch

Then Pray for Rain !
                I'm a gambling atheist.

Put it in and fugetaboutit.

Comment

For two years in a row would have been better off seeding it 3/8's of an inch into dust and have it wait for rain.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    For two years in a row would have been better off seeding it 3/8's of an inch into dust and have it wait for rain.
                    And not getting in a hurry to seed in early May or late april when its dry.....Lots of guys had it in early in 2019 and waited until june for the crop to get going....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...