• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just-in

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just-in

This news Just-in.
    We don't need to worry about a thing. The taxpayers will be propping up Kinder Morgan.
    Does no one else see how funny this is?
    We prematurely strangle our economy to 'pay' for green tech.
    We convince the public for generations a cornerstone industry is evil.
    We tell everyone they deserve more benefits but waiting for healthcare or high student teacher ratios should be expected because "someone" isn't 'paying' enough.
    Now we're telling international businesses we follow the banana republic game plan.
    We don't really want you here and if we need to 'buy' votes, we'll just nationalize you or
    give you enough money to hang around just for fun.

Me?, I'd just shut off all shipments of energy and cash to the R.O.C. forthwith.

Can our obviously highly learned colleagues on here explain how this works?
    When I went to the University Of Reality, I was taught "If it pays, it stays".
    The majority of the planets' hydrocarbon reserves are held by countries that obviously
    haven't been to the same University as our Dear Leaders or the people who agree with them.

This is so damn funny you cant make it up.
    Must be some new math the scientists have invented.

......you just defined "hypocrisy".

I think it's a bit too early to say how this is going to unfold.

But yup, nothing enough paid ransom won't fix.

Comment

But no one tells us how we're going to actually PAY for everything.
      With real, newly generated, actual dollars.

Comment

BP. I don't know the answers to this pipeline thing, but what if we shutoff oil, they shut off grain, potash, goods coming into port headed east, we come bask with ban on wine, fruit,vegies. I don't see any good results coming from any of this.
        I don't know the economics of refining but if we are loosing $20 odd dollars a barrel and talking tax dollars going in to deal ,why can't we refine and spin finished products by rail/highway.
        The oil cos just put up 10 cents on gas, that's over 1 mil$ /day in Alberta alone,so as I see it we do have the 7/ 15 billion to build refinery and look at the added taxes collected from those large wages,, clean oil is so much more acceptable than the raw crude.
        How much would it cost to up the capacity of refinery at loydminsterd, or redwater??

Comment

This horse shit ends if we tell the feds we'll collect our own taxes and redistribute back to Ottawa like Quebec does instead of CRA giving it back to provinces after taking the cut.

Comment

Refineries not being built because of the same environmental hurdles being faced as pipelines, in modern day Canada progress and making use of resources = bad, smoking weed and hugging trees = good.

Comment

Interesting after notley announcing possible government investment Horgan is now interested in talking and forming some resolution. Can you say comrad!!!!.

Comment

Trudeau is more worried about getting re-elected vs doing the right thing. 18 MP’s in BC and 4 in Alberta.
                Today he put all taxpayers on the hook if this pipeline doesn’t proceed and has kicked the can down the road for actually having to make a decision and be a leader for a change.

His lack of leadership has caused this whole mess. The only positive thing is it appears the idea of a carbon tax is proving to be a farce and is dying a slow death.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Trudeau is more worried about getting re-elected vs doing the right thing. 18 MP’s in BC and 4 in Alberta.
                  Today he put all taxpayers on the hook if this pipeline doesn’t proceed and has kicked the can down the road for actually having to make a decision and be a leader for a change.

His lack of leadership has caused this whole mess. The only positive thing is it appears the idea of a carbon tax is proving to be a farce and is dying a slow death.
                  Hahaha I don't care for the guy either but he said it's going through. And if the gov is on the hook what is it on he hook for? Will it be a failure? It's a guaranteed money printing venture. Maybe we should own it and get some money back out of the profits.

Honestly you guys whine if he says no whine if he says yes. Right now it s the loser in bc holding this up period.
                  Let's wait and see how this all turns out.

It has to be embarrassing that Harper never did anything to make these projects work and how can it be that a liberal dipstick might just pull it off. Lol

And by the way no answer about whether the more oil going out that way will it raise our domestic price?
                  Because I know for sure there will be a shortage of welders mexhanixs truck drivers once that ramps up which will definitely mean what instead of 100 bucks an hour to get a welder out it will be 200 bucks and hour.

And where will these labourers truckers come from? Pakistan India??

Comment

Sure, why not. Sounds like there are tons of them out there that are "licensed" for the job.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have just witnessed the greatest shell/con game ever perpetrated by a federal government and I don't know if it was strategy or shit house luck from ineptitude, let me explain. Justin Trudeau has always said pipelines can only be built with a social licence. Who better to grant that than the person controlling the purse strings, who will be controlling the money?, why the political party that has the moral high ground when it comes to the environment, at least that's what they tell us. This plays to his green enviro crowd supporters and he can now say to the pro oil crowd he delivered on building the pipeline and he has backed every conservative leaning government in this country into a corner. When the time comes for debate and a vote on federal funding for this pipeline the federal conservatives cannot possibly vote against it as the liberals will accuse them of being anti oil and anti pipeline. Winner, winner chicken dinner he keeps his core supporters and makes the conservatives and any others who dare to question the feds involvement in the project look like fools. The worst part of all this is there was a private company willing to spend it's own money.

Comment

Is this the beginning of NEP2.0? It was Trudeau senior who tried to nationalise energy resources the first time around. Perhaps this opportunity was just what they needed, and orchestrated?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Is this the beginning of NEP2.0? It was Trudeau senior who tried to nationalise energy resources the first time around. Perhaps this opportunity was just what they needed, and orchestrated?
                          The more the optics play out the more NEP2 is not only possible, but planned ?
                          Time will tell

Comment

Big wheel you give way to much credit to Trudeau. Harper was to patient and Trudeau won't get it done either. To hear Stewart Phillip you will realise who holds the cards.

Comment

You may be right but at least right now isn't he saying he right things? Is all I m saying. Let's see how it plays out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.