• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late spring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Under snow, or bare ground?
    In the field. With snow.

It was too cold before it snowed so it froze hard.

Comment

minus 5 in Minot ND thismornimg and they have snow laying around to ! drove buy lots of yards not much happening or will be for awhile.

Comment

June 9 and 10 last seeding date in local area for spring wheat and canola, June 20 for barley.
        Pretty remote chance not getting seeding weather.
        Another month before changing plans but best to be prepared.
        Glad to have good crop insurance and agristability coverage.

Comment

Hope to finish June 8 then...

Comment

Seen this ... lol
            https://www.google.ca/search?q=grounds+for+violence&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

Comment

That did not work .
              Just you tube Grounds for violence.
              Little music video out of Winterpeg

Comment

Don't look at calendar..means sweet tweet..

Comment

Missed this one anyway...Frankie nailed it again

Comment

Latest models have forecasts for better temperatures going forward. No overnight freezing beginning April 23. Looks like parts of Alberta and S of the border may get more precipitation than SK over the next 16 days.

Some good sized portions of the SW and S in Saskatchewan should lose most of their snow by the end of the month with this latest forecast.
                    Last edited by farming101; Apr 15, 2018, 07:25.

Comment

I saw the first small flock of snow geese this morning, they were flying south. Lol.

Haven't heard or seen any Sandhill Cranes yet though.

Comment

Impatient to see how much snow moisture soaks in and how much runs off.
                        Remember back to 2003-04 when it all soaked in.
                        Were concerned ahead of time about lack of soil moisture.
                        Increased crop insurance coverage, got good summer rains.
                        August frost made crop insurance a good decision.

Comment

SPRING IS HERE....... flocks of Canada and snow geese, sandhill cranes, robins and a meadow lark this AM.. plus swans last evening.Making use of yesterdays southeast wind, all heading northwest as they always do in this area in the spring.

Comment

I looked back in some of my records and photo's and in 2014 and I have pic's on April 10 and the snow has not started melting at all. Pics on April 21 and we are at the height of spring flooding and by May 15 I had started seeding. If the weather warms up this week we should be on about the same pace as 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                              Don't look at calendar..means sweet tweet..
                              I will disagree Partners once the calendar gets to June 21 the days start getting shorter and I feel the more my crop can grow before that date the better after that date with the days getting shorter everything changes.

Comment

Many yrs we seeded early..only to have the seeds not germ for 2 weeks because of cold ground..
                                Hot June and July will get crops in the bin on time..
                                Have combined in Oct.with fall fert.machine right behind.seen it all at our age.
                                Will be what it will be..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.