• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 lives are not worth rumble strips...really

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The standards have to be rigorously enforced. New standards have to be enacted. There is no place on public highways for an unskilled, inexperienced person to operate a commercial vehicle with the means to cause death on such a scale.
    I include farmers who have decided to take their own grain to market. Some of these guys I see on the highway should be fined heavily for their lack of courtesy and disregard for traffic laws or in some cases have their license suspended and be sent to driver school again.
    We have been cut off, given the one finger salute, and tail gated regularly by truck drivers.
    I have seen super B's coming off farm that have only slowed down enough at a major intersection to make the turn and this where they have a stop sign. Then made a right turn with me coming up on them weighing 62 tonnes.
    There is nothing professional about such conduct. There is a significant number of commercial drivers on the road who DO NOT drive defensively. Where is the pride in a job well done? Where is conscience? Where are the professionals looking out for the passenger vehicle so that they too can travel the highways safely?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/humboldt-broncos-crash-mandatory-semi-driver-training-1.4615567 http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/humboldt-broncos-crash-mandatory-semi-driver-training-1.4615567
    Last edited by farming101; Apr 13, 2018, 07:51.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Just more gossip perhaps, heard this driver was LOST in Carrot River even got STUCK in a farm yard near there. Also trailer had NO BRAKES....wait to hear if true. RCMP certainly better have a blood sample!
      I heard from a good source that he did not know how to strap down his load so the Moss plant employee's had to do it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Thanks for reminding me, I forgot the penalty part.... A massive fine. I know it's not a brick wall to stop people from going through but if it was a $500 fine, or more, people might pause to think.

So we are going to redesign all intersections because some morons are morons?
        Yes more enforcement and fines are needed but we all know how thin the RCMP are spread. People just need to follow the rules of the road, Monday after the accident I was putting gas in at 7-11 in Tisdale not one person came to a complete stop at the intersection.

Comment

We know a newby truck driver who just got there license a short time ago..the trucking company had a co pilot ride along for a few short haul trips to make sure they were comfortable with that person going it alone..also new driver feels confident now to be alone in the cab..
          Might have sure helped in this situation to..

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            I heard from a good source that he did not know how to strap down his load so the Moss plant employee's had to do it for him.
            truck wasn't even supposed to be on hwy 335 , its secondary apr, may &june . all trucks are told to go. around by nipawin , because of primary load . no one even mentioning that

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              We know a newby truck driver who just got there license a short time ago..the trucking company had a co pilot ride along for a few short haul trips to make sure they were comfortable with that person going it alone..also new driver feels confident now to be alone in the cab..
              Might have sure helped in this situation to..
              Might have.

A while ago there was a news item that exposed a forgery ring operating out of Toronto that had a price list for false documents.

This list included pretty well any docs you could need to travel or operate in this province.

So, I'm not sure how photo radar or any other ideas would help with the inevitable fallout from that kind of "licensing".

The name of the "issuing agency" was not "SMITH" or "JONES".

When my son went to drive his AZ license a few years ago, he was next in line to a guy from the big city who could not even back his rig into the required spot - first step in the driving test. After the newby tried for 15 minutes, the examiner told him to leave; he wasn't going to be able to finish the test in his allotted time.

My son had very limited experience in a tractor-trailer, but his 21 years on the farm, backing trailers, wagons and any description on hitches from lawn tractors as a kid to any equipment we had as he grew up made the difference. Aced it first time, as many farm kids do.

So when you look at what (complete inexperience) comes through the door from the city (not to mention the immigration doors), it's not much wonder what happens.

What I'm saying is that it's likely only going to get worse as a result of the facts I've outlined and there cannot be enough rules or fines created to solve the problem and save lives in light of a changing culture.

So the next best is to change the infrastructure to offset human error and outright stupidity.

Pay it in costs or keep on paying it in lives.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                Might have.

A while ago there was a news item that exposed a forgery ring operating out of Toronto that had a price list for false documents.

This list included pretty well any docs you could need to travel or operate in this province.

So, I'm not sure how photo radar or any other ideas would help with the inevitable fallout from that kind of "licensing".

The name of the "issuing agency" was not "SMITH" or "JONES".

Taken from the "Take some responsibility please' thread:

"Ethics and moral standards might be a tad different.

Whose house are we talking about? Are we in theirs or are they in ours. Who has to, I mean should, adjust to what?"

Go ahead people, call me a racist but I've had some experiences that make me weary.
                (not aimed at you burnt, in agreement with you)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.