• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael de Adder newspaper comics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the women on the pedestal Princess Leia from star wars?

Could the tank represent something about the armored personnel carriers to Saudi Arabia.

In the cartoon where his socks were unravelling, I think the left sock had a minion on it and the other looked like it could have been some robotic image...maybe it was R2D2 as in this cartoon? But why?

And yup, I like the way Butts is kind of leaning forward and towards Trudeau with his arm extending to Trudueas' back....like a ventriloquist controlling his "dummy"!

Edit in:

Do you think the the small globe could represent the song "Its a Small World After All", signifying "peace and harmony" of which the Liberal Party has none of?

Wasn't Princess Leia(representing Meng Wanzhou of Huawei) captured and held prisoner by Darth Vader? Some irony there!

Could the tank also represent Raybold's shuffle to Veteran's Affairs?

Too bad he hasn't incorporated the statue of the "Scales of Justice" into his cartoons yet....that might be coming yet....lots could be done with that, A WHOLE SERIES could be developed.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 12, 2019, 08:00.

Comment

So much stuff that I missed!

"It takes a village..." LOL!

Comment

De Adder's cartoons appear in many papers, but many of the ones posted above came from the Toronto Star. Isn't that a pretty left leaning paper?

Harper had much tighter control over his ministers and the PMO to a fault. The complaining about how the PMO has handled this file is legitimate. But Harper's ministers would have never resigned over an issue such as this and if they did they would not be in caucus. They were the ones who introduced the deferred prosecution agreements in the first place.

We only found out about this because JWR was willing to bring it up and resign over it. This would have never have happened in a Harper Cabinet!
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 12, 2019, 18:03.

Comment

Ya, they are left, left of the LPC, left of Trudeau and Butts, left of Freeland, left of Barbie, the Star is in AOC territory.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            They were the ones who introduced the deferred prosecution agreements in the first place.

We only found out about this because JWR was willing to bring it up and resign over it. This would have never have happened in a Harper Cabinet!
            Did I miss something? I was positive the DPA legislation was part of the 2018 budget. Not that it really matters which party brought it in...

Comment

Another neat bit of irony is the words "Season Four"....Libs are in year four of their term.

I hope they don't last as long as the sitcom "The Office" did, nine seasons. That would be a horrible omen.

Comment

I believe that is JWR on the pedestal overlooking the small ball of wool she took from the sock "boy".

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  De Adder's cartoons appear in many papers, but many of the ones posted above came from the Toronto Star. Isn't that a pretty left leaning paper?

Harper had much tighter control over his ministers and the PMO to a fault. The complaining about how the PMO has handled this file is legitimate. But Harper's ministers would have never resigned over an issue such as this and if they did they would not be in caucus. They were the ones who introduced the deferred prosecution agreements in the first place.

I saw your name on this thread, and thought we were going to see the lighter side of the chuck. Maybe you would prove us all wrong, and you really do have a sense of humor. But after reading that, it seems the question will remain unanswered.

I also wondered about the Toronto star connection. If even they have turned on Trudeau, then, you maybe the only hope he has left of redeeming his reputation.

Comment

He'll swipe at everyone...
                    Plenty of Trump

Scheer

Theresa May

Comment

Singh

Comment

But yes, his ones on Trudeau have been pretty poignant...

Comment

Comment

Looks like this one got him canned in the Maritimes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	play through.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	767437

Comment

Fairly raw.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...