• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael de Adder newspaper comics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael de Adder newspaper comics

Give @deAdder a follow if political cartoons are your thing

Comment

Comment

Not deAdder, but...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unicorn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	767132

Comment

I hadn't seen his cartoons before. Really well done compared to most, without being so belittling with grossly exaggerated caricatures as most. There are a lot of details in there if you look hard enough, Such as the fact that the airplane is actually upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I hadn't seen his cartoons before. Really well done compared to most, without being so belittling with grossly exaggerated caricatures as most. There are a lot of details in there if you look hard enough, Such as the fact that the airplane is actually upside down.
            His political cartoons are fantastic. I've been following him on Twitter since the bronco tragedy. He had some very poignant art work at the time that encapsulated the thoughts of a nation well.

Comment

Ok, I tried to pick out the subtle irony in the cartoons...

#1. his unravelling left sock has what looks to me like... A minion on it.

#2. Wernick with his pants down around his ankles...not so subtle, but caught in an embarrassing situation!

#3. too stupid to realize that he will be one of the dominos...what goes around comes around. Kinda like Karma.

#4. have to admit, I didn't realize the view through the plane window has it flying upside down...thanks to who ever pointed that out...too funny.

#5. Making Jody walk the plank on an already sunk ship...lol

#6. Going about as far away as you can to avoid the heat at home.

#7. Yup, his own rainbows and unicorns thoughts and beiefs were his very own demise. (All while the majic show, smoke and mirrors, and slight of hand was happening behind the scenes)

Good bye Justin and good riddance.
              I hope future generations don't forget and elect his spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

#1. his unravelling left sock has what looks to me like... A minion on it.

#2. Wernick with his pants down around his ankles...not so subtle, but caught in an embarrassing situation!

#3. too stupid to realize that he will be one of the dominos...what goes around comes around. Kinda like Karma.

#4. have to admit, I didn't realize the view through the plane window has it flying upside down...thanks to who ever pointed that out...too funny.

#5. Making Jody walk the plank on an already sunk ship...lol

#6. Going about as far away as you can to avoid the heat at home.

#7. Yup, his own rainbows and unicorns thoughts and beiefs were his very own demise. (All while the majic show, smoke and mirrors, and slight of hand was happening behind the scenes)

Good bye Justin and good riddance.
                I hope future generations don't forget and elect his spawn.
                I hope they pass a law forbidding his spawn from entering politics. They seem to get exponentially worse with every generation.

#1, I thought it was R2D2 and C3PO, but perhaps I'm from the wrong generation.
                Regarding #6, trudeau announced we were going to the moon as a distraction during this fiasco.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 6, 2019, 22:35.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Also, Wernick, the "independent, non-partisan" bureaucrat, has the red "L" on his underwear...

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post

Also, Wernick, the "independent, non-partisan" bureaucrat, has the red "L" on his underwear...
                      Thanks burnt, I didn't realize that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              The symbols on the desk are interesting, but I don't get all of them -

Newton's Cradle, having lost all it's momentum, stands in front of a scowling JWR. The military is forgotten?

PM Fake Feminist is clutching his cherished image? The next 2 I don't get. Who is the woman on the pedestal, Maggie? The globe (world) is too small for him?

The robot likely indicates the party responses?

And are the 3 closest to him all trying to run the puppet in the center, their hands pushing for control?

DeAdder is amazing. His pictures are worth ten thousand words.
                              Last edited by burnt; Mar 12, 2019, 05:41.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.