• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killing frost last night.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing frost last night.

Frost last night min 2reginz since three. PA was frost for over 7 hours.

For our area late seeded green feed done. Late seeded canola hit hard.

Field outside Balgonie green canola not good.

For most in our area this will cure all wheat and it will be dry now.

What did others get?

Lakes are steaming this morning!

Comment

Not to good

Comment

Virtually all of Northern Sask got er , not a cold hard frost but a long one . Like you said 6-7 hrs at least .
        But it is September, and it’s not unusual for here.
        Soybean plants are stiff right now

Comment

I think our areas is sept 10

Comment

Min reading thermo says -0.3, usually reads 2 degrees high. So how is the standing straight cut canola going to look in two days? Some have NO swather if it will shatter pods. The green second growth can all be graded FROST #3.

Comment

same here , checking dryer at 10 last night , was only plus 1 then , garden is flat
              grow 18 officially over .
              we lost some reseeded borage and the dockage takers will have a heyday in seed alfalfa , second cut dehy alfalfa no good I guess either
              millions of acres of canola will be toast this morning
              went from nipawin to P.A. a while ago , canola was three weeks behind
              you're going to have to lower your canola yield forecast for prairies
              oh wait , maybe the experts will tell us it's good for canola , brings it in early

Comment

Those experts look more foolish each day.

Alberta late crops?

Comment

From what I saw in green crops the other day and I was really surprised how much there was this is a major major loss to farmers. You re going to have some farmers in pockets wiped out but mainly I think this will be one of those years where your at your crap insurance level but lost all that potential which again will show how useless that program is.
                  CAnt hardly wait for the fight on grades now also.

People will be talking canola and they better now. But crops like canary flax from what I saw big loss in yield.

Comment

From what I saw in green crops the other day and I was really surprised how much there was this is a major major loss to farmers. You re going to have some farmers in pockets wiped out but mainly I think this will be one of those years where your at your crap insurance level but lost all that potential which again will show how useless that program is.

People will be talking canola and they better now. But crops like canary flax from what I saw big loss in yield.

Comment

Here south of regina it skated around zero to -2 for a few hrs. There are some guys with greenish canola stands yet waiting for chemical to work. Frost works, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Thats why I seed flax first now. I was either flirting with frost every year or combining in mid oct. Flax will be ready to go in about 3 weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

frost doesn't usually hurt canary in our experience

Comment

Freezing temps here most of the night. Thermometer still reading minus 0.7 at 7a.m. Most crops are past being hurt but one producer with a bunch of late seeded and reseeded canola will be toast for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              frost doesn't usually hurt canary in our experience
                              There is a certain point where it will and won't at grass green it will. Not to mention all the tillers that take longer will be gone.
                              Had a 50 stand years ago yielded 3 bushels with that august frost. Crops here 3 weeks behind.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.