• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask party provincial sales tax vs carbon tax?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask party provincial sales tax vs carbon tax?

Wonder which one is going to end up bigger? At least the stupid carbon tax possibly get it back. What about pst? How could a province so rich in resources ever need a pst? Everywhere you go no matter what you do sask party needs your money even with overpriced fuel etc? How big was the deficit? Grade 2 with a piggy bank could have budgeted better.

The party ended when the oil tanker went over the cliff, the potash train derailed and the possibility of the wheels falling off the Agriculture bus. I don't hear much about the forestry or other mining(gold, diamond and uranium) sector's health. Manufacturing...Bourgalt layoffs. What's happening with all the other shortline manufacturers?

So we will force an economy with public works projects? What happens when those are complete? A football stadium doesn't generate a lot of new wealth. Bypasses are infrastructure maintenance expenses. Global Transportation Hub is on the books to be privately managed....so the taxpayer can't see the cluster**** failure?

Sask's economic engine isn't firing on all cylinders, hopefully it doesn't completely stall before it's next tune up.

There is one after the other of "proposed" potash mines...in what appears to be an already over built indusrty(until new and old demand resurfaces?). But those types of things can contribute real value to economies, along with a healthy oil and gas industry and a vibrant Ag indusrty....but in the mean time....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      The party ended when the oil tanker went over the cliff, the potash train derailed and the possibility of the wheels falling off the Agriculture bus. I don't hear much about the forestry or other mining(gold, diamond and uranium) sector's health. Manufacturing...Bourgalt layoffs. What's happening with all the other shortline manufacturers?

So we will force an economy with public works projects? What happens when those are complete? A football stadium doesn't generate a lot of new wealth. Bypasses are infrastructure maintenance expenses. Global Transportation Hub is on the books to be privately managed....so the taxpayer can't see the cluster**** failure?

Sask's economic engine isn't firing on all cylinders, hopefully it doesn't completely stall before it's next tune up.

There is one after the other of "proposed" potash mines...in what appears to be an already over built indusrty(until new and old demand resurfaces?). But those types of things can contribute real value to economies, along with a healthy oil and gas industry and a vibrant Ag indusrty....but in the mean time....
      Agreed and what pissis me off most is these are not actions of a conservative good for business government yet they are being protected for some stupid reason beyond me why? They have been lame as and dumber than the past Ndp which I didn't dream was possible.
      No vision no direction at all for the real future or growth.
      Us farmer have bailed them out and get no credit for it either.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.