• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola varieties for 19

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Guys around here, myself included, are buying pod shatter varieties and swathing them anyway. Standing canola is very slow to cure for some reason. Neighbor sprayed twice and still waited a month.
    It was a weird year for sure.. sprayed peas with heat and worked great ....two days later went on the lentils and it was a disaster....the rep said wait 21 days.....**** sakes I said I may as well swathed them....21 days later they were still not any better....left a check strip for them to look at.

It was too hot or too dry or some ****ing excuse....it just didn't work was what I told them...

The stupid part was they could look across the road at the peas and see very good results....2 days difference in spraying.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Neighbor sprayed twice and still waited a month.
      Is hobbyfrmr his agrologist?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2018, 07:29.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Thats a good one farmaholic....you are sharp this morning....lets see if hobby picks that up...lmao

Comment

Without the weather bomb, swathed would have been picked up a week ahead of standing. But with the weather we had, straight was only a day ahead of swathed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Beetlejuice.....Beetlejuice ......

Farmers are kind of strange in their conversations. Was that neighbor bragging or complaining?
            Is he really that dependant on chemical that he cant think of a “Plan B” other than spray a second time?
            Did he use the recomended water volume? Everybody cheats on water volume and it shows up around here. Some weeds sneak past, show up in the crop, lower yeild and higher dockage plus mutiplying the herbicide resistent weed seed bank on their land for another 30 years worth of spraying. Or else the dessicated crop did not take up the chemical die as expected, or the pods shattered regardless of the application of the pod sealant.
            And the beat goes on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...