• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame burns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notre Dame burns

I am glad we went there on our visits to Paris. Westminster Abbey doesn’t hold a candle to that monstrous beauty.

I waited for SF3 or Farma to say it but taking too long, “Climate Change to blame for fire in iconic cathedral”.

Comment

I heard it started when the priest knocked a candle off the altar and the altar boys were afraid to bend over to pick it up.

Comment

Bob

"I heard it started when the priest knocked a candle off the altar and the altar boys were afraid to bend over to pick it up. "

If you had ever seen Notre Dame, you would never have posted the above!

Like my Grandma use to say "you can't fix stupid"

Comment

Too bad the catholic church did not care as much for humanity as it does for its edifices.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Bob

"I heard it started when the priest knocked a candle off the altar and the altar boys were afraid to bend over to pick it up. "

We don't often agree... but I agree with you there.

Comment

Real classy Bob !

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                I waited for SF3 or Farma to say it but taking too long, “Climate Change to blame for fire in iconic cathedral”.
                Why me? I seldom wade into the cesspool of the climate change debate.

Too bad they lost that cathedral though...although I am not "religious".

Religions are man-made so expect lots of defects and imperfections...."human nature".

Comment

The found the wood church this month
                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-church/paris-historic-saint-sulpice-church-briefly-catches-fire-nobody-hurt-idUSKCN1QY0P1

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                    The found the wood church this month
                    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-church/paris-historic-saint-sulpice-church-briefly-catches-fire-nobody-hurt-idUSKCN1QY0P1
                    ‘Briefly catches fire’ - good grief, if you ever stood beneath those massive carved timbres, billions of pieces of stained glass, glued together with impeccable precision, artifacts dating back to the 1200’s displayed in side knooks all around, you would know that even ‘brief’ fires must tear at the very heart of every French Catholic. Funny read - a post where the author’s pastor said it was a sign from above meant to scare the bejeebees out of the priests. ‘No body hurt’ - see words are just nothing - air - fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      Bob

Its a building ferchrisake. I'm sure it was a very nice building but if its so important the Pope can afford to rebuild it. Get over yourself.

Comment

No Bob its not just a building. It's a 1200-year-old building, its history.

F#$K your one stupid fool.

This is why people need to learn about history in school.

Comment

It went up like dried out Christmas tree....wonder why they didn't install fire protection years ago....

Comment

It’s old.

New math1200

Comment

The fire protection would have cost less than the rebuild.....because the rebuild will include fire protection and this fire will become a footnote in history....
                              Last edited by bucket; Apr 16, 2019, 08:16.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.