• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thank you notes

Thank you for another week of hearing the federal ag minister saying she working on something. ...I don't think she knows what it is....

Thank you for the press worrying about the Alberta election....they should be ...that's who is funding Canada. ....it will be interesting if Kenney shuts off the taps....but it's looking like another round of Notley....

Thank you for an soon due agristability prepay bill....have I mentioned they haven't finished the 2017 files....2 ****ing years from the time I paid a premium. ...nice...is it just me that think paying a premium a year in advance is stupid....since I paid my 2017 premium Westons admitted to price fixing and they are back on the government tit already. ...

More later....gotta let the BP come down...lol

The Enbridge L3 will be operational this yr so Kenny doesn't have to turn off the taps which might be unconstitutional. But some well timed turnarounds and some shipping problems could send the same message while the industry diverts barrels south for a while.

Gas in BC is $1.65 before the summer driving season, probably on its way to $2. We will see how holy the people in Vancouver really are and how much they love their whales.

The tide is about to turn in Canada starting in 5 days.

Comment

Can you imagine if oil goes to 140 bucks a barrel again what the fuel price will be?

I wonder if no one looks at prices....the gas buddy guy on radio says it all makes sense....but he's an ex liberal MP...obviously had his lobotomy

Comment

Did "LINE 3 REPLACEMENT" get absolute US approval? I thought constuction was being held up in Minnesota or something. I joking said to the Enbridge Rep the other day how the hell can they build a new pipe and cap it at the US border? He said they would tie into the existing line 3 but couldn't run full pressure on the line. I find it hard to believe they would even start construction without full approval in every jurisdiction. But in today's world....the way it is....seems nothing matters....deals mean nothing.

Comment

In Canada our population is concentrated into a few major cities with public transportation. The rest is spread out into outlying communities and rural areas. High gasoline prices will put the final nail into the coffin of an already crippled economy. People will have to use the last of their disposable income to buy gas to get to work, school or other necessary destinations. Any entertainment or travel or unnecessary luxury spending will stop. Business and communities will suffer. Charities will see less also. I could go on and on but you get it. Everything we do is incumbent on the price of fuel. Anything transported will go up in price. These climate change people just have no clue. I hope that they are happy, but wait, they can never be made happy. If it's not one thing its another for them. Why is it that the very wealthy politicians like Trudeau and his crew of millionaires, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and more, like to have you pay more and change your way of life for the better while they continue on with their jet set lifestyle. It's like some sort of cult! Why is it that these people cant see that the leaders of cults are generally the only ones to get out alive!!! Their followers all go down and suffer the consequences for their bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Did "LINE 3 REPLACEMENT" get absolute US approval? I thought constuction was being held up in Minnesota or something. I joking said to the Enbridge Rep the other day how the hell can they build a new pipe and cap it at the US border? He said they would tie into the existing line 3 but couldn't run full pressure on the line. I find it hard to believe they would even start construction without full approval in every jurisdiction. But in today's world....the way it is....seems nothing matters....deals mean nothing.

The Minnesota thing will get resolved. Trump is passing legislation to prevent these last minute stoppages. Trump does more for Canada with a stroke of a pen then our whole imbecile govt does in 4 yrs.

They will fill the line up to park some barrels for a while. That's just as good for now. Couple months of real pain in BC should open some hypocrits eyes. But the industry isn't counting on just TMX. They are moving ahead assuming it doesn't get built. Someone like TransCanada or Enbridge is probably looking at buying out some big US pipeline company with tidewater access. There is no other way to go and with US adding major barrels, we need a swing market off the coast desperately by 2020.

Canada is such a joke compared to the US. That place gets sh*t done.

Comment

Bucket

"Thank you for an soon due agristability prepay bill....have I mentioned they haven't finished the 2017 files....2 ****ing years from the time I paid a premium. ...nice...is it just me that think paying a premium a year in advance is stupid....since I paid my 2017 premium Westons admitted to price fixing and they are back on the government tit already. ..."

Just wondering why you are still in Agristability, it's almost impossible to trigger a payment after RITZ CRACKER gutted the program. Yes Harpo did so much for Agriculture while in power!

Why are you putting yourself through all the stress for nothing in return? You could also take it off your Friday thank you notes!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                Bucket

"Thank you for an soon due agristability prepay bill....have I mentioned they haven't finished the 2017 files....2 ****ing years from the time I paid a premium. ...nice...is it just me that think paying a premium a year in advance is stupid....since I paid my 2017 premium Westons admitted to price fixing and they are back on the government tit already. ..."

Just wondering why you are still in Agristability, it's almost impossible to trigger a payment after RITZ CRACKER gutted the program. Yes Harpo did so much for Agriculture while in power!

Why are you putting yourself through all the stress for nothing in return? You could also take it off your Friday thank you notes!

Yes , very true, I will be pumping gas before it ever helps ....even my banker agrees with that statement...

And yes...it was Yerry that gutted the program....BUT it works for those that are expanding because it was designed that way....they have to keep recalculating the margins....

Once you have levelled off your farm to the acreage /cattle numbers you feel comfortable with....you are ****ed....so when a bad year comes along ..it takes years to finish the paperwork....and it isn't responsive to things like the Pulses or canola...

Its just a shitty program...

Then in the states ...12 billion gets tossed at farmers without a blink of the eye by the general public because they know farmers will help the economy...not so in Canada

Can we agree on that ...I think we have consensus on how Western Canadian agriculture is shit on.....

With the hamster wheel in my head thinking about a political run I have to learn to be a consensus builder.....wait for it....thump...jesus I make myself laugh....right off my chair...
                Last edited by bucket; Apr 12, 2019, 08:36.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't thank Saskpulse either for not being right beside the canola issue...

****ing canola drops a buck and a half a bushel and politicians are all over it while red lentils drop 9 bucks a bushel and the ****ing dummies on the saskpulse board are silent thinking they can find markets at discounted prices....

60 percent off the price and the stocks of pulses are building and they are happy to watch the RBA sales....

I know very ****ing well they don't understand the impact because there are board members licking their lips at the neighbours....thats the "Richards" we have on the board...( richards is the politically correct way of saying ***** )
                  Last edited by bucket; Apr 12, 2019, 08:43.

Comment

Dropped AgStability a decade ago. Never was bankable just a lot of extra paper work and accounting expense for nothing. Reduced crop insurance to 50%. Not enough coverage to justify the premium. Put it on hail I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Agstab for sask Farmers was ruined when scic took over administering the program !

They take the crop and agstab premiums then don't pay !

The ceo of scic should be fired !
                      It would be nice when they make the mistakes entering the data ...files would be on the top of the pile not sent back to the bottom....

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Thanks Doug Ford government of Ontario for making gas stations display stickers that show the federal carbon tax !
                        Yes but don’t stop there. Put in a sign what part the carbon tax is what part federal tax and then of course the pst here in Saskatchewan then ask why the price at the pumps has doubled what the increase to the carbon tax has been. And who the fk is getting that free bit of money?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.