• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tmx=Gov Interference National Seed Organization July 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tmx=Gov Interference National Seed Organization July 2020

Just got back from AB seed growers. National Seed Organization [NSO] is close to impossible to stop... without farmer support.

The Gov. has got the seed trade and Crop Life Canada convinced... that a TMX like takeover of the the National Seed Organization [NSO] who will regulate Seeds in Canada... [Instead of farmer seed growers] the future farmers in Agriculture are going to be powerless to stop the hostile takeover by Industry by termination of the Canadian Seed Growers Association and major changes to the Canada Seeds Act... which are required by 'SeedSynergy' to create the NSO.

Farmers will lose the democratic right to form the future control of seed... this has been swallowed hook line and sinker by the provincial seed associations... anyone who tries to enforce farmer rights to saved seed... is to be vetted out of the seeds power circle and dismissed as backward and irrelevant.

We were told multiple times by Strategy Corp... Cost in this NSO next gen. system...is irrelevant... the NSO 'one stop shop' seed controllers [Crop Life/Seed Trade] terms are the only alternative/option to depose the Statutory democratic privileges the CSGA and Seeds Act grant farmers now.

AB indépendant Seed growers were only ones to object publically... [as well as it appears Quebec seed growers] AB Seed Growers Ass. made all of its Directors who are serving [from now on] sign non-disclosure clauses that agree to the NSO Crop Life/Seed Co... merger... because the majority of the ASGA BOD is binding all Directors to agree with the Non-democratic Board of Directors to run the NSO... after the formation of the NSO.

Sincerely, the resolutions we AB seed grower independents passed Feb 7 2020...to maintain direct farmer democracy [through resolutions duly passed at Annual General Meetings] what is left of our influence...saved seed rights... and some semblance of democratic freedom in control of: our seeds, their production, and quality requirements... Are very likely to have a snowball's chance in ever being improved upon or being taken seriously or implemented.

The $100's of Millions of investments [by Commercial grain growers... invested into the Seeds we grow... are being 'seconded' [confiscated is more understandable] by Crop Life/Seed Co's... and independent seed growers are sore losers in this hostile take over of the Seed Production system...

Seed is the essence of life... our public genetic heritage... and future of our prosperity in Agriculture... there is NO appetite to fight the big rollers like Monsanto and Bayer's hostile takeover challenge [Crop Life Canada].. of our Seeds.

30 pieces of silver [from Crop Life Canada and the Seed Trade]... for dissolution of Canadian Seed Growers democratic right to control Seed production in Canada.

Monsanto etc. have failed the other way... Now the Liberals who have no seats in western Canada... are allowing the Big Seed Co's and multinationals... StrategyCorp are putting the final touches on this hostile take over... with barely a whimper from we farmers.

Cheers... Get your own value chains in order... The Lubriderm special seed treatment of our democratic demise... will be voted on shortly. They the NSO 'steering committee require the vote by July 2020 to terminate the Canada Seeds Act [as we know it with Independent Seed growers as members] by termination of the Canadian Seed Growers Association.

We Independent Seed growers in Alberta passed a resolution... that this vote on the future of our seeds system needs to be delayed until December 2020... to give you a chance to be a part of this decision...

but

Where this delay request to Dec 2020 goes...also has a snowballs chance of being implemented.

Call your MP. This could well is our last stand for democracy and freedom of Seed Growing in Canada.
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 10, 2020, 16:47.

Your conservative MPs started the process ...they will not admit they were wrong and the liberals see they can use that to their advantage...

I will connect the dots for you...Gerry Ritz....Devin Dreeshen...WCWGA...sponsored by the seed industry....

Get it yet????

The conservatives are on the carbon tax issue while forgetting about the issue of BRMs because they are the ones that phucked it up....once again the liberals are just going to say farmers enjoyed being bent over by the conservatives and farmers voted for them...so why would the liberals change anything for the better...
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 10, 2020, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Your conservative MPs started the process ...they will not admit they were wrong and the liberals see they can use that to their advantage...

I will connect the dots for you...Gerry Ritz....Devin Dreeshen...WCWGA...sponsored by the seed industry....

Get it yet????

The conservatives are on the carbon tax issue while forgetting about the issue of BRMs because they are the ones that phucked it up....once again the liberals are just going to say farmers enjoyed being bent over by the conservatives and farmers voted for them...so why would the liberals change anything for the better...
      Complaining about 'water under the bridge' does not stop changes to the Canada Seeds Act and the termination of seed growers rights.

Bucket, you had/have the right to decide and influence how seed was grown in Canada... each year you had/have the right to become a CSGA grower member in the 'Seeds Act' Statute... direct democracy.

Fundamental Change... democracy about to be taken away.... nothing to do with the Conservatives Gerry Ritz nor your sitting MP. The Liberals are in charge/were in charge[for the last 4 years]... Honourable Ritz did get shut down... when ln your opinion he went too far. UPOV 91 is an international intellectual Property Rights convention... a part of being on this planet today...

Cheers
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 10, 2020, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Complaining about 'water under the bridge' does not stop changes to the Canada Seeds Act and the termination of seed growers rights.

Bucket, you had/have the right to decide and influence how seed was grown in Canada... each year you had/have the right to become a CSGA grower member in the 'Seeds Act' Statute... direct democracy.

Fundamental Change... democracy about to be taken away.... nothing to do with the Conservatives Gerry Ritz nor your sitting MP. The Liberals are in charge/were in charge[for the last 4 years]... Honourable Ritz did get shut down... when ln your opinion he went too far. UPOV 91 is an international intellectual Property Rights convention... a part of being on this planet today...

Cheers
        The CSGA Steering Committee of StrategyCorp creating the 'NSO'... keep having 'Special Meetings' instead of doing the CSGA member's business at the AGM...[already since July 2019- a Nov 2019 meeting, another Feb 2020, then AGM July 2020] to grind us down and cost huge $$$...

to break our democratically constituted Seed Growers... and terminate the CSGA.

Massive extra cost to CSGA members... to try to bring some semblance of respect and order to the take over of Seed Quality and production in Canada

Comment

Typical political hack ...put it back on the individual farmer to solve the problems....like I don't have enough of my own....

Meanwhile farm groups that get money to represent farmers are silent.....

Conservative MPs have probably heard that farmers don't like this seed tax....but like the carbon tax there is SFA they can do about it...

And if the conservatives get back in power they won't change the seed tax to be representative of their constituents....
          Last edited by bucket; Feb 10, 2020, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Typical plitical hack ...put it back on the individual farmer to solve the problems....like I don't have enough of my own....

Meanwhile farm groups that get money to represent farmers are silent.....

Conservative MPs have probably heard that farmers don't like this seed tax....but like the carbon tax there is SFA they can do about it...

And if the conservatives get back in power they won't change the seed tax to be representative of their constituents....
            Bucket,

If you do nothing to stop the take over... you will have no right to complain.

Lame excuses... that do nothing to express your democratic rights and aspirations... are useless. That is how democracy works.

Complaining about Minister Ritz... is pointless... and you know it. Ask for your money back... and do your own political education of your own MP. How about start contacting the SK Boards and letting them know your opinion on Seed Synergy... now I have given you some relevant information to share with them!!!

Comment

Bucket,

If you do nothing to stop the take over... you will have no right to complain.

Lame excuses... that do nothing to express your democratic rights and aspirations... are useless. That is how democracy works.

Complaining about Minister Ritz... is pointless... and you know it. Ask for your money back... and do your own political education of your own MP. How about start contacting the SK Boards and letting them know your opinion on Seed Synergy... now I have given you some relevant information to share with them!!!
              On December 4 2018 ...I sat in Saskatoon and had government officials sit down at the table listening to the nonsense of a seed tax....My issue was who pays for a dud variety....or a variety of a loss of market because it is not accepted by our customers like the triffid flax issue...

I explained to Anthony Parker of AAFC that someone has to set the rules on varietal development ....I know who paid the price in the Triffid flax episode and asked who should be responsible going forward....

They didn't know....well...someone should outline the responsibility before the seed company goes broke to be excused from the responsibility....

Anyway ....the responsibility is on farm groups to represent the farmers and politicians that write the new rules....if it was up to me this wouldn't be implemented.....there is no gain for farmers....or seed growers by the sound of it...

I think we are sort of on the same side TOM on this issue....but our disagreements help the other side more ....because they thrive on divide and conquer...

This is why I think farm groups need a single point man to represent the majority to stop this...

Comment

Just read the "Flu" thread.

And the CSGA expects me to fly through Calgary and Montreal hubs twice... to meet with people that have been all over the Canada... [and the world] and the travellers from all over the planet [that can't fly into the USA] by going to Montreal and Calgary] where we all must travel through... for a totally un-needed vote... spending thousands$$$ to exponentially increase the risk to everyone in our farm communities to this pandemic.

What a stupid idea to force everyone in our farm community at exponential risk...to go to Quebec for the Feb 18 CSGA Special Meeting. And on top... the CSGA refuses to release the needed info... to allow an informed vote on the issues they require a decision on.

It would only be prudent to cancel this trip to Quebec on Feb 18th.

Comment

Just read the "Flu" thread.

And the CSGA expects me to fly through Calgary and Montreal hubs twice... to meet with people that have been all over the Canada... [and the world] and the travellers from all over the planet [that can't fly into the USA] by going to Montreal and Calgary] where we all must travel through... for a totally un-needed vote... spending thousands$$$ to exponentially increase the risk to everyone in our farm communities to this pandemic.

What a stupid idea to force everyone in our farm community at exponential risk...to go to Quebec for the Feb 18 CSGA Special Meeting. And on top... the CSGA refuses to release the needed info... to allow an informed vote on the issues they require a decision on.

It would only be prudent to cancel this trip to Quebec on Feb 18th.
                  I guess I can drive to Quebec instead... it is only 3506 km one way to Saint-Hyacinthe where the meeting is located. One Day 13hrs to drive there. ooops... looks like family objects.... might have to do alternative submission...
                  Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 11, 2020, 14:32.

Comment

I guess I can drive to Quebec instead... it is only 3506 km one way to Saint-Hyacinthe where the meeting is located. One Day 13hrs to drive there.
                    Wish me travelling Mercies!
                    Uhm, you drive 270km/hr ?? Tom, best you not break the law.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      Uhm, you drive 270km/hr ?? Tom, best you not break the law.
                      I read that as one day plus 13 hours. 37 hours.

Comment

Tom it is exactly like I told you
                        Years ago
                        Playing out as planned.
                        That is how it works.
                        There is lots if money in it , esp.
                        If 2 or 3 co.s control the world seed supply.
                        (We are just their bitch now)
                        It is nice to see you woke up
                        Finally. Little late. Mind you

After being their promoter for
                        So long.
                        And no , we did not have to sign on to to UPOV91.
                        Norway never did.
                        They said FU. Good for them.
                        Too bad we are all sheep
                        Here.
                        Hate to say I told you so
                        But you seed growers are first on the chopping block.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                          I read that as one day plus 13 hours. 37 hours.
                          Yes I should ave added a winking emoji after the comment.

Comment

Tom , it would be funny , except
                            For being a horrific outcome

Are you actually saying the croplife folks
                            Are not our friends.
                            Imagine that.

The problem with these trade deals and UPOV91 , is that they are not
                            Really trading agreements between countries and peoples.
                            What are they?
                            They are transfers of power from
                            Countries and citizens to corporations.
                            Basicly voluntarily self emasculation. For nations .
                            You voted for and supported the whole process.
                            So thanks a lot ,
                            It is very small consolation
                            That you finally woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                              Tom it is exactly like I told you
                              Years ago
                              Playing out as planned.
                              That is how it works.
                              There is lots if money in it , esp.
                              If 2 or 3 co.s control the world seed supply.
                              (We are just their bitch now)
                              It is nice to see you woke up
                              Finally. Little late. Mind you

After being their promoter for
                              So long.
                              And no , we did not have to sign on to to UPOV91.
                              Norway never did.
                              They said FU. Good for them.
                              Too bad we are all sheep
                              Here.
                              Hate to say I told you so
                              But you seed growers are first on the chopping block.
                              Thx Sawfly

Getting ready to go to QC Special Mtg. now. Thanks for your thoughts folks.

I see India not in UPOV... China is 78, with Norway, South America, Africa, Mexico... most of the worlds farmers are not under 91... but we can be sure the 100m acres worth 300B$ will use 91 to enforce loss of farm saved seed in Canada in not many years. This fight is about much more than Canadian Seed Growers!
                              It is about our life and liberty to grow food!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.