• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie Bros Auctions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie Bros Auctions

Boy is there some cheap iron selling.... sign of the times?

What went cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Boy is there some cheap iron selling.... sign of the times?
      don't buy a new air seeder, buy one year old at ritchies for pennies on the dollar instead

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
        don't buy a new air seeder, buy one year old at ritchies for pennies on the dollar instead
        Yup...drills. Anyone starting out farming who has some mechanical abilities could probably get some pieces of decent used iron.

Comment

bankers will be nervous !

Comment

Is this the first sign of a chink in the armour?

Comment

RB called a few days ago to inform me there were some good small farm auctions coming up. They wanted to redo my credit approval. That was good of them. Then within the hour, FCC called to see if everything was going well. That lady brought up the past interest rate hikes. She offered a option to lock in rates if I was concerned about more increases. My repsonse was "if the bank of Canada increases interest rates anymore, half of the population of Canada is going to have a major lifestyle change. They will lose their vehicle and house."
              I am pretty sure FCC carries the largest amount of farm debt in Canada. If interest rates increase, my little piece is going to be the least of their worries.
              Equipment at auction should go cheap this time of year. Farmers just finished harvest and pre paying their canola seed fert and chem for next spring. Why do they want to buy expensive machinery to depreciate for 5 months in a shed?
              Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Nov 2, 2017, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                RB called a few days ago to inform me there were some good small farm auctions coming up. They wanted to redo my credit approval. That was good of them. Then within the hour, FCC called to see if everything was going well. That lady brought up the past interest rate hikes. She offered a option to lock in rates if I was concerned about more increases. My repsonse was "if the bank of Canada increases interest rates anymore, half of the population of Canada is going to have a major lifestyle change. They will lose their vehicle and house."
                I am pretty sure FCC carries the largest amount of farm debt in Canada. If interest rates increase, my little piece is going to be the least of their worries.
                Equipment at auction should go cheap this time of year. Farmers just finished harvest and pre paying their canola seed fert and chem for next spring. Why do they want to buy expensive machinery to depreciate for 5 months in a shed?
                Hobby, some of that stuff doesn't have much depreciation left in it at those prices, in fact some of it might be worth more in spring.

Comment

Hobby, some of that stuff doesn't have much depreciation left in it at those prices, in fact some of it might be worth more in spring.
                  Good observation. I am short sighted when it comes to buying machinery.

Comment

Watched todays sale, bid on one tractor but did not buy. Agree compared to new prices some consignors took a beating. Some pretty high hourly costs on some machines. Having said that I don't know if you can call it cheap. To spend 150 or 200 grand plus at auction with no warranty not knowing what your getting is still pretty scary.

Comment

Saw the Versatile combines for 80K. SF3 should have bought one of them and put that greedy green dealer in his place.

Comment

Probably could have bought all of them for the price of one brand new Club Deere Combine, and likely would have needed all of them.

Comment

Went to the dealer this morning in Regina to negotiate a deal on a used Seedmaster. Sales manager never got back to me. Told them I'm going to Rouleau instead. Don't think they believed me... I came home from the auction with a brand new Versatile drill & tank!

Comment

Probably could have bought all of them for the price of one brand new Club Deere Combine, and likely would have needed all of them.
                            You need them all to keep up or for parts machines to keep two going?

Comment

warranty is a huge thing now GDR. 9630 jd tractor motor cost around $35000, newer models are now very close to $100000. That is a lot of risk when paying out $200000 at sale. You know where dealers go with their realremons right. 1 800 Ritchie Brothers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.