• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51112AF1-3033-4FD9-B0C0-A8B3F3DAB12D_4_5005_c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	779248

Well for the winter lets try something new on a Thursday. One more day of the week is left, farmers are frustrated or happy at the week's outcome. So either a bitch session or hugs session. At least it was warm and enjoyable. But old man Polar vortex is on its way next week.

Ah, you just got to love it.

So I'll start, I am totally embarrassed at out leader Justin Trudeau, He demonstrates every day what a total **** up the GTA and Montreal voted in. He has not a single ounce of manners or professionalism. Basically a useless fool trying to play in the big boy world. He and his girlfriend from France are two of the same. Captain **** Up to the Call.

Premiers met and not a word on AG. This is actually the saddest thing in all of the week's news. I can tell you right now a few things will happen in the new year because of the shit show going on in AG. One dealership is shutting down a rural store come Jan. Layoffs will happen at others due to poor sales, service and repairs. Who is going to green/red/Yellow light there combines or equipment if they have a crop that's still out. Heck one chemical company that has a plant in Regina just cancelled the annual Xmas party and the room was already booked. We always get a farmer party and I guess it's done because no invitations arrived. One Big big farmer who is behind paying is common all over the province. So it's not the big are ok and the small they want out. RB is flooded with sales being booked for next year as accountants are telling guys who tried to farm and be landowners either stop the madness and leave with something before its all gone.

Farmers are beaten to a pulp and all the AG minister says is contact Crap insurance and they will guide you through it. **** buddy I am way over my production guarantee (because they use a 100-year average and we didn't get special years deducted like 2002 and 4 or flood years like the Western side did with the droughts of the 80s disappearing) with a 1/3 still out in the field. Someone said I might be busy working again, not a chance ill go back.

But this all reminds me of the 1980s without high interest or the 1990s when Canadian farmers were told to suck it up buttercup we cant go head to head against the European or USA farmers, You're on your own.

I just find it funny how all these meetings have talking heads telling farmers that Peas are ****ed going to India but well buy them from you at 6 a bushel instead of 9 and sell as many as you fools produce. Learn to get better yields and well make it on volume. Well, we will and you will still just break even. Or the Canola growers guy saying china is gone so sad so sorry but farmers we as an industry are still moving canola seed to Europe to make diesel and other countries to broker the seed to China so all is good. Europe is buying because we are so cheap compared to the rest of the world. What good does it do me if my price dropped by $2.30 a bushel yet we still can move to see. Ah, the middle man is looked after and the farmer gets the shaft again.

So a subsidy call came out this week from an RM in Saskatchewan and all the big dogs looked down and laughed. This two happened in the 90s because some farmers just can't get the fact that Dairy got a subsidy for losing 3% market share yet we lose 20% due to a total **** up of the Canadian Gov and not a peep. We get a ****ing loan.

Everything in Canada is geared to keep the middle man happy and who cares what the peasant farmers think.

But the big problem in Ag is the dumb farmer himself. Look in the mirror. We should have one voice, not 20 groups representing us. The feds go have a meeting and it's like 1 dad and 50 kids getting the same package or advise. We need one on one. Someone stong who will call a politician a ****ing fool who was elected not a prince or chosen one.

So hunker down have a great week and let's hope some finally start to wake up and forget about this me myself and I attitude and look at the big picture.

Name:	7071F7F8-B9B1-485F-8A51-88E239773C12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	769177

I took this photo two nights ago going home on a day I put all our equipment finally away. It was like Mother Nature gave me the finger saying I won now **** you.

Name:	80E29A75-1FEF-41C5-978D-7F01399F3FFB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	769178

Comment

Again a few have been asking me the same question. Why with the USA harvest stuck at 30% corn still out and the Australians having a piss poor crop. Canada with 12% out not the 7% that the gov agencies are talking. Europe with dry problems and same with Argentina. Why isn't grain moving up?

Something funny is going on in the market knows bullshit.

Comment

Oh, fert. still dropping in price in the USA.

Bank of Canada held rates steady. Like we're doing oh so good. The dollar is projected to lose three more cents by next fall.

Comment

Because Canada's government has left the farmers to the rest of the industry to have us taken advantage of...

You know who puppets governments....its not the voters ...its big investors or companies...or big unions that don't give a shit about farmers either....

The masters are licking their lips to get a hold of land...look back at an 1926 land map and find out who owned the land...

History will repeat...until the puppet masters realize they might be actually rolling up their sleeves and doing the physical farming ......

Credit Foncier owned land around here until the mid 1990s.....from way back when...

APAS has phucking really stupid people in charge.....I mean if you are going to do a survey get some context to it so you can't say historically very few farmers south of saskatoon have ever needed a dryer and thats why many terminals don't have dryers because they can't justify the cost ...so how can an individual farmer make a valid case for a dryer....

I use my vertical tillage machine every year....I use my air fans intermittently...in 25 years of farming and looking back and asking 80 year olds around here...drying has not been an issue...

We need better representatives....we need better provincial and federal governments...

Scott moe and his AG minister David Marit are incompetent...their comments of the last couple days makes me wonder how they will get re-elected...

David Marit agreed to give irrigation districts 200 dollars an acre over 5 years....and drylands farmers get SFA.....

Think about your farm....and 40 dollars an acre....every year for 5 years.....
          Last edited by bucket; Dec 5, 2019, 07:19.

Comment

Oh and on the news front

Many Farmers in Canada are on the Verge of Burn out.

**** me I was that way years ago it's now almost time for an insane asylum let alone burn out.

See industry forgot one thing

You have to leave at least one little piece of scrap for the primary producer or he will eventually quit feeding the pigs. Then watch them devour each other as starving pigs would do.

Comment

Had a good week here. Been hunting with my kids. One deer to go. Haven’t enjoyed hunting so much in my life, as I teach my first year kids how to get close to game. Been making lots of sausage and jerky. Snaring coyotes like crazy. Have some really, really good new lamb meat sales prospects to follow up on. Fingers crossed there. Christmas tree is up. Kids are skidooing. Sheep are breeding with the promise of a new crop in five months.

Life is grand!

Comment

Good to hear things are working out.

Son got his buck first day out of our creek land and his buddy got one a half-hour later. The big bugger survived another year. Plus the triplet moose, not one was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  Had a good week here. Been hunting with my kids. One deer to go. Haven’t enjoyed hunting so much in my life, as I teach my first year kids how to get close to game. Been making lots of sausage and jerky. Snaring coyotes like crazy. Have some really, really good new lamb meat sales prospects to follow up on. Fingers crossed there. Christmas tree is up. Kids are skidooing. Sheep are breeding with the promise of a new crop in five months.

Life is grand!
                  Where do you sell your coyotes ...NAFA is in trouble...or do you use Fur Harvesters?

Comment

Yeah fur harvesters, but there is a us company that is expanding into Canada as well. Groenwald fur and wool. Nafa has been good the last few years. When coyotes are worth 150 bucks, it makes it worth it. Walked up to 5 on Tuesday. Preventing lamb losses and helping make jackets all at once. Lol

Comment

Life is grand!
                      sheep, do you lose stock to coyote packs? What method do you use to snare them? Are you using any type of animal to guard your sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                        sheep, do you lose stock to coyote packs? What method do you use to snare them? Are you using any type of animal to guard your sheep?
                        When we first had sheep we lost a fair few lambs to coyotes. We got guard dogs. We currently have two. But this year we lost lambs again for the first time in a long time. Coyotes can fit through surprisingly small holes. We plan to move the sheep more frequently next year, as they say this keeps the yotes guessing. In sask we can only use power rams. I set them in thick bush where there are fresh tracks. The coyote WILL be back. Maybe not for a week or two, but it will return. With a few seasons under my belt now, I can set snares in places where there is no fresh sign, and still connect, because year to year, they use the exact same places, even places that don’t really seem like a trail or travel corridor.

And then i set out bait to get them using a specific area, and this is how I get most of them. I do find it more rewarding to catch them in places unrelated to bait, i just like the challenge. I am weird that way.

As I get more seasoned, I plan to have a couple hundred snares out. I currently have about two dozen. They are expensive though. The rams are almost 30 bucks a piece. I do make my own replacement snares for a few cents each. But I think a good snare man could make a decent winters wage if you could get out there and be dedicated and work at it. There are guys who regularly catch 200 and even a guy in Alberta who has caught over 900 in a season. That is some good monthly cash flow for a three month work effort!

I think ten baits should net a couple hundred. Trouble is land access as the baits can’t be too close to each other. Many folks, even rural folks frown on killing coyotes, even if they are a nasty predator and abundant as pike teeth. Sure they catch mice, but as a sheep guy, coyotes are filth. Walking out to the pasture and seeing dead or maimed lambs changes your mind fast.

Comment

Buddy here has snaring down to a science. 50 or 60 so far. $180 for top dogs. Down from there. Halfords, I think he said.
                          Luckily, he pays the local colony boys to skin and prep. Couldn't pay me enough lol.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Buddy here has snaring down to a science. 50 or 60 so far. $180 for top dogs. Down from there. Halfords, I think he said.
                            Luckily, he pays the local colony boys to skin and prep. Couldn't pay me enough lol.
                            Yeah my best coyote was a top lot at fha went for 240. Many have gone for 200. Then you have the uglier ones here n therE that wreck the average, the 40 dollar ones. I’ve gotten good at skinning. Used to take me a long time. Wear gloves, and keep your mouth sealed is all I can say. Lol. KEEP YER MOUTH SEALED. Bears repeating... I actually enjoy the fur handling part. I take care to make my coyotes shine. I hand wash em before stretching. They go to the auction smelling like dawn.... I do think it makes a big difference in valuation.

Comment

Yeah my best coyote was a top lot at fha went for 240. Many have gone for 200. Then you have the uglier ones here n therE that wreck the average, the 40 dollar ones. I’ve gotten good at skinning. Used to take me a long time. Wear gloves, and keep your mouth sealed is all I can say. Lol. KEEP YER MOUTH SEALED. Bears repeating... I actually enjoy the fur handling part. I take care to make my coyotes shine. I hand wash em before stretching. They go to the auction smelling like dawn.... I do think it makes a big difference in valuation.
                              Muskrats got any hope for better prices?

Beaver? A lot of work for 20 bucks...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...