• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land values in your area?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    #1.....I hope that's is an older assessment (about 63,500)

#2.....Are we ****ing retarded?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lockman Land.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	766135
    This is what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post
      Yeah the highest that has sold in this area was 6.3 X 2016 assessment. $400 000 for a pretty marginal quarter.
      What would a typical yield be for HRS wheat or canola on this $400,000 quarter?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        What would a typical yield be for HRS wheat or canola on this $400,000 quarter?
        Well its north of Swift Current, so its more durum and lentil country. Average durum yield would be 40-45, canola 40 and lentils 20-30. So overall fairly hard to justify it.

Comment

Do you want it or don’t you?
          Sometimes you just have to put the pencil away on a piece of land you want.

Comment

If you can make a quarter into a half, or better yet section, you've just increased the value of all quarters. I've heard guys farming as little as 30qtrs, not too excited about farming a single quarter, even if it's close by. Anybody with drills bigger than 56' want to plant on halves and sections.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
              I hear you loud and clear quadtrac, But sadly for some people its come to this: They may not have the money to "buy it down" to a point where they can borrow the rest and it will pay for itself. Or may not have enough equity in the land they own to "subsidize" it. It's all gone past the point of making sense.

Another point, Saskatchewan wasn't Alberta where there was money floating around looking for a home. The ****ing land had to pay for itself! I find it amazing how people think land is such a good investment but needs to be subsidized for owning it to make sense. Oil money, cattle, off-farm jobs, custom work with machinery you already own, old money......

Comment

Yeah the highest that has sold in this area was 6.3 X 2016 assessment. $400 000 for a pretty marginal quarter.
                Wow, this one was a deal then. 3.58X 2016 assessment 526,200
                Click image for larger version

Name:	526,200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	766136

Comment

[ATTACH]2404[/ATTACH]
                  This is what it looks like.
                  SW...is there eroded knolls on that quarter?

Comment

SW...is there eroded knolls on that quarter?
                    Yeah there are some eroded knolls. Definitely isn't perfectly flat. There is also some salinity in the sw corner.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                      Multiple sales now in Alberta not by cities at $1M per quarter dryland and $2M+ irrigation. ✏️ that out

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                        Multiple sales now in Alberta not by cities at $1M per quarter dryland and $2M+ irrigation. ✏️ that out
                        This would require WAY more details....

Feedlot looking somewhere to spread bullshit? ;-)
                        Gravel quarters?
                        OilCo purchases?
                        Mega lease revenue?

Help please!

Comment

This would require WAY more details....

Feedlot looking somewhere to spread bullshit? ;-)
                          Gravel quarters?
                          OilCo purchases?
                          Mega lease revenue?

Help please!
                          The $1M dryland is just normal land by taber where you can grow pulses like chickpeas. Also heard land going that much by acme in central Alberta
                          As for the $2M yes this is in feedlot alley but also south of lethbridge. Lots of dryland selling for $800k to $850k per quarter all over the place

Comment

Some on here insist on not believing. Like I said, the pencil has nothing to do with it. Hasn't in years.
                            Friend of mine bought land in Sask for $100/ac 15 or so years ago. Where was everyones pencil then?? Rental income now that.
                            You cant waste your bona fide opportunities in denial. I did at $500/ac. (Fd bly was $1-$2) Didnt pencil.
                            There are definitely a FEW buyers here who will be just fine.
                            Being prudent is not the same as denying the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              Some on here insist on not believing. Like I said, the pencil has nothing to do with it. Hasn't in years.
                              Friend of mine bought land in Sask for $100/ac 15 or so years ago. Where was everyones pencil then?? Rental income now that.
                              You cant waste your bona fide opportunities in denial. I did at $500/ac. (Fd bly was $1-$2) Didnt pencil.
                              There are definitely a FEW buyers here who will be just fine.
                              Being prudent is not the same as denying the facts.
                              Please refer to post #51 in this thread.

Politely asked for a possible justification of the quoted prices in post #56 to try to help it make sense for my "simple" rational thought process.

Not calling anyone out but I have no way of verifying stated "facts" that I am reading on a public internet forum equivelant to a digital coffee shop. Non believer? Denier? At face value, for me it is simply hard to fathom. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Edit....some sales situations may even be described as anomalous
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 23, 2017, 08:16.

Comment

Negative waves?

What's the difference between now and 50 years ago when dad took out a 30 year loan and planned to use the full 30 years to pay it back?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.