• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

because they matter????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because they matter????

Irving gets a couple more ships to build because it might mean layoffs id they don't ...

And the coast guard needs some new ships...

And we in Western Canada couldn't use a little money for running through the economy????

Interesting little footnote ...I think these ships are built out of steel ....which also got a couple billion promised and delivered...so maybe they should have announced the shipbuilding project earlier therefore not having to help both industries....

Trudeau’s little besties 👯...

Comment

Part of me would like to see a reset in Ag, back to reality!

God I hate this Industry.

Sometimes it feels like I'm volunteering..... working for charity, yet under appreciated and not thanked and taken for granted.

How many billions(?) did Western Canadian farmers bury in the ground this spring? We should have said "**** it".

Cheap talk when you have to grow a crop to raise the family, pay the mortgage and rent and equipment loans, etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Part of me would like to see a reset in Ag, back to reality!

God I hate this Industry.

Sometimes it feels like I'm volunteering..... working for charity, yet under appreciated and not thanked and taken for granted.

How many billions(?) did Western Canadian farmers bury in the ground this spring? We should have said "**** it".

Cheap talk when you have to grow a crop to raise the family, pay the mortgage and rent and equipment loans, etc.....
        Mother nature may give us a partial reset this summer with reality setting in this coming winter . . . . .

Comment

The Flip Willson syndrome ,THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT. My uncle always told me if you dont have any expences you dont need any income. I know that is simplistic but it has merit ,do I realy care if the fert,equipt,truck, dealers have to sell their cabin at the lake because I buy very little of there product,not a damm bit.
          I guess it would be nice to run that newer bigger equipt,but by what is said on here its not all roses,I supose if you dont worry about things that would help,but I like to own what I own and do most all my own work. Cant do that and farm bigtime also.
          It also helps to be a senior ,less need to be a bto. Who would have thought you could ever sell and be a millionaire,so thanks to all those btos for putting me in that position. I rember when good land was $100 per acre,and you still may have had trouble keeping it. $200 with a good set of buildings,ah the good old days????

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
            The Flip Willson syndrome ,THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT. My uncle always told me if you dont have any expences you dont need any income. I know that is simplistic but it has merit ,do I realy care if the fert,equipt,truck, dealers have to sell their cabin at the lake because I buy very little of there product,not a damm bit.
            I guess it would be nice to run that newer bigger equipt,but by what is said on here its not all roses,I supose if you dont worry about things that would help,but I like to own what I own and do most all my own work. Cant do that and farm bigtime also.
            It also helps to be a senior ,less need to be a bto. Who would have thought you could ever sell and be a millionaire,so thanks to all those btos for putting me in that position. I rember when good land was $100 per acre,and you still may have had trouble keeping it. $200 with a good set of buildings,ah the good old days????
            It doesn't bother me to drive newer equipment ...what bothers me is losing time because of shitty components in the tractor ....have lost 3 days of seeding due to a broken pin connector and a faulty sensor.....lose my mind at the local higher ups ...yup.... then at whoever calls from John deere....

Comment

It would be interesting to know....

If you took about 5-10 different businesses of the same size(annual gross income) and compared how much of that gross gets retained by the company/owners. How would Ag compare?

In the comparison, the companies would have to be in similar financial position(debt, etc).

And the increase in wealth of farms due to land appreciation is nothing but luck! Some good times and investor driven markets pushed them up. Gotta love the people who make it worth the Investor's time to park their money in farmland (or some of it and have the tennent in essence help make the mortgage payments with the rent or crop share). Give your head a shake.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                It would be interesting to know....

If you took about 5-10 different businesses of the same size(annual gross income) and compared how much of that gross gets retained by the company/owners. How would Ag compare?

In the comparison, the companies would have to be in similar financial position(debt, etc).

And the increase in wealth of farms due to land appreciation is nothing but luck! Some good times and investor driven markets pushed them up. Gotta love the people who make it worth the Investor's time to park their money in farmland (or some of it and have the tennent in essence help make the mortgage payments with the rent or crop share). Give your head a shake.
                I think you might be surprised on how ag stacks up quite favorably, when comparing per cent net margin of sales to other businesses.

The big difference comes when comparing the amount of capital to generate that margin. You have millions invested and the other businesses might have a couple hundred thousand invested.

Comment

Good point regarding it being capital intensive. Risk is stoopid too. But at least there is "some" insurance....just in case. Maybe the fact insurance exists for farming says something too.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                    I think you might be surprised on how ag stacks up quite favorably, when comparing per cent net margin of sales to other businesses.

The big difference comes when comparing the amount of capital to generate that margin. You have millions invested and the other businesses might have a couple hundred thousand invested.
                    Or they may only have a briefcase and a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Or they may only have a briefcase and a computer.
                      Yes. Absolutely true.

Comment

Don't worry bucket, the Libs will be in FULL election spending mode soon. You may just get your piece of the pie crust crumbs yet!

Comment

Pretty poor investment for the liberals to be
                          Throwing goodies our way.most farmers vote conservitie .no matter
                          What.anyway.
                          And the conservatives know that
                          Too.

You really only got lip service from them as well.
                          While selling you out to the seed co.s and ignoring the rail crisis. etc.
                          Friends like that who needs enemies

And our days of being a significant percent of the the voters went out with the 1 section
                          Farm.
                          No clout left.

I have no idea what it would take
                          For us to matter.

Comment

...........piece of the pie crust crumbs.........

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.