• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire bans and farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire bans and farmers

What the heck? do farmers think fire bans don't apply to them? Saw 5 or 6 fires going today within a couple of miles of us - burning sloughs, old bale piles, old yard sites. Ridiculous.

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    What the heck? do farmers think fire bans don't apply to them? Saw 5 or 6 fires going today within a couple of miles of us - burning sloughs, old bale piles, old yard sites. Ridiculous.
    Burning anything is always a worry, at least to me anyway, but in dry windy conditions it's not worth it, and if there is fire bans on they apply to everyone so not sure what guys are thinking.

Comment

Some RM's have quietly lifted their burn bans.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Well yes some need there ass kicked ..
        it weird cause around here it is 99% fires 🔥 started on First Nations ... 1% farmers fires .
        Different area I guess lol

Comment

But I am very sure chuck chuck will be in here shortly to blame the fires on residential schools.

Comment

500 a crack here, cousin got two just for not reporting burning in sloughs , both for idiots calling after 2am , really its a brush pile burning in slough surronded by 1000 acres of black dirt. My problem why are urbanites so stupid.
            Last edited by makar; May 20, 2019, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
              500 a crack here, cousin got two just for not reporting burning in sloughs , both for idiots calling after 2am , really its a brush pile burning in slough surronded by 1000 acres of black dirt.
              Is there a fire ban there Makar?

Comment

No, we had free burn until cell phones, now need 24 hour notice to bang the better half on the north forty.

Comment

No general ban here, but no cant burn .

Comment

Ok just curious..
                    here within 24hrs of the fire bans being issued the First Nations start lighting fires.. every single spring . And no Chuck it is not the fault of residential schools.
                    And it’s simply a 100% fact , no paid scientific b/S paid for climate change... lol

Comment

How it works here now if you want to rub two sticks together you have to call in, be interogated, tell them your clearing 50 acres and you get a two day permit.

Comment

Its in the permit over 12k or so wind put out the fire, cost pipelines plenty, water trucks happy. This in the dead of winter.

Comment

I know a rancher near Biggar that lost many miles of fence to that fire , no insurance. Also got a bill from the RM for fighting fire on his land , it was for over $100,000. This could ruin him.
                          But that’s only one example of many.
                          Fire bans mean fire bans ..... anyone who is responsible for out of control fires should be liable. Because there is no insurance protection at all for anyone else affected. Also it puts many lives at risk .
                          Hopefully the situation in the southern half of Western Canada changes soon. I see state or emergencies in Alberta yesterday.

Comment

Hey Furrow,no bills sent out as of yet because of Biggar fire. Lots came in, approximately 300,000$, no help from province and last I heard, it was determined to have started on Rm road allowance.

Comment

Should also have said to Grass, if a Rm has a fire ban in Saskatchewan, and someone chooses to light a fire anyway,and it gets out of control, you have cancelled your liability by disobeying the fire ban.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.