• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool tonight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So second plant 2019 begins next weekend.

so cold in Regina the garden hose is frozen. Took only five min of pressure and ice was gone but really it's mid May.

Comment

Rosetown still at -3 🥶

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Rosetown still at -3 🥶
        Is it worth spraying today if the wind doesn't get up to high??????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Is it worth spraying today if the wind doesn't get up to high??????
          Everything you want the frost to kill will survive unscathed....emerging planted crops...might be set back.

Tomorrow has winds of 30-50. Supposed to wait to spray after the event when it comes to frost.

Some people don't have time to wait.

I think native weeds that evolved here can tolerate a lot of frost....probably ok to spray them.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Everything you want the frost to kill will survive unscathed....emerging planted crops...might be set back.

Tomorrow has winds of 30-50. Supposed to wait to spray after the event when it comes to frost.

Some people don't have time to wait.

I think native weeds that evolved here can tolerate a lot of frost....probably ok to spray them.
            It used to be ..wait 2 days after a minus 4 frost....well it was cooler than that last night...**** sakes ....me thinks there will be some reseeding....

Its kicking the shit out of the hay crop ....

Comment

It used to be ..wait 2 days after a minus 4 frost....well it was cooler than that last night...**** sakes ....me thinks there will be some reseeding....

Don't worry bucket, some media type will eventually notice we haven't had any rain here and its freezing at night and it will whip up another climate hysteria story. I have this suspicion if we have an odd yr, the liberals will be all over it pointing to climate change. I would just as soon they didn't even know about western ag.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Don't worry bucket, some media type will eventually notice we haven't had any rain here and its freezing at night and it will whip up another climate hysteria story. I have this suspicion if we have an odd yr, the liberals will be all over it pointing to climate change. I would just as soon they didn't even know about western ag.
                **** sakes ...the liberals blamed the floods in eastern Canada on climate change....never mind the fact that people shouldn't have built where they did...Oh and BTW we are getting the bill to move them out of the ****ing flood zones ....they also forgot to mention that roof lines and pavement contribute to the floods....but why tell someone that says they are smarter than you.... anything...

People were given brains ....I don't know why they can't use them...liberals prescripted ****ing stupid answers are getting old already...

Ask question....they figure out which answer might fit ...no thought process...

Comment

Pics from just now looks unscathed to me, though Ive heard not everyone was so lucky.

Comment

Because of this fn carbon tax our hay hasnt even started to grow yet

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

Pics from just now looks unscathed to me, though Ive heard not everyone was so lucky.
                      Black ground it wont freeze
                      Highly experienced in spring frosts
                      Have yet to reseed for frost tho
                      Just painful to look at for 2 weeks
                      Takes extra weed control usually after a frost
                      Last edited by Guest; May 20, 2019, 14:47.

Comment

Also watch for flea Beatles. Even if growth is just stalled, seed treatments are not as active in the canola plant either .
                        On windy days those buggers will be bitting stems especially stripped bastards.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...