• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, a week went by and the weather is sure weird this year. Promise and promise that rain is coming and basically all clouds did nothing but get the windows dirty. That is until late in the day yesterday one finally turned up the heat and the sucker sent some rain to the north half of our farm. 1/4 inch. South all week got maybe 1 to 2 tenths. But to keep Grass happy were adding and averaging and now the total is 1.2 in since the snow left from rain. Yes were sitting better than most. But the funny thing just south on the USA side every cloud band that comes up gives them rain. sort of like the flood years. Seed to dust the bins will bust but we Canadians cant seel our product. Thank a Trudeau.

Click image for larger version

Name:	j61AVzOnQ+6Kb%0ounljzw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	778387

Ok so here is the crop report for our area East side of Sask from Regina to the valley. lots of Early three week ago seeded crop is coming finally up. Yes, its been in the ground some 21 days. That side of the valley had rain but only in certain spots over the week.

North of the valley guys are wrapping up Wheat, peas, lentils malt barley (hopefully) and most are onto canola then flax seeding just now.

We hit the 43% seeding mark late today. Drill number one will start later today on Canola (May 16th) and drill two will continue to finish the wheat and I will spray on calm days and park the drill. LAst five fields we are trying some new product for foxtail and it has to be sprayed before the crop is seeded.

Name:	xIP%6RW0THGu%XHpdZ8wVg.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	778388

Our area will have a huge increase in pulse seeded crops this year. Lots of rolling going on so lots of peas and lentils are getting put into the ground. We stayed the same but others are increasing acreage by double last few years. Lots of guys.

Lots of heavy harrow and stone picking and cleaning bush and sloughs. One farm actually has a cat on new land pushing bush then heavy disc and finally protill before it is seeded. Looks unbelievable.

Like I said earlier we don't seed Canola till the 16th for a few reasons.

one the ground is cold.

Two the nights get cold.

Three if it comes up and freezes you have to reseed.

Four flea beetles love early seeded and by twitter feeds looks like the early bird is getting the spray job.

five the crop seeded mid-May usually for our area gives the best yield.

Just saying. But I guess if you're trying for the 100 bus lotto you will believe everything some guy in a chair in an office will tell you. Talk to old-time growers.

On the spraying end, most in our area just fired up the sprayers two days ago as nothing was growing up till then. Most are hitting the fields now with either just glyphos ( oh bad dangerous product) or adding express etc.

Wheat germinated in 5 days and will be out in 7 this week it will be three and out in 5. See the ground is warm the leaves are finally coming out and its spring boys and girls.

Name:	9rt7oklmS42YcvOOp7ahcA.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	778389

We are using a new blend of S-15 and potash with a product sprayed on at the plant in clavet and then delivered. Yes, more money but also get boron and something else. No dust nice to work with.

Name:	zjiXy7iKRw2HoO+EWpKeGg.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	778390

So the rain lotto continues and I feel lucky so far to get a small bit of the wet stuff. Yes, I will say it again. Snow really doesn't matter as long as you get one before seeding on a dry winter. Then one inch after seeding and one around farm progress after spraying and one July early and one exhibition time and that is it to grow a crop in East central Sask.

Have a great may long (we could get snow its canada) and be safe as they will still make their margin even if you go broke farming, no one cares about you the primary producer just as long as you pay your bills.

Again can we find some liberal who still supports the most corrupt useless Liberal government in the history of Canada? Anyone. anyone.

Our idiot is giving money to the Catholic church now and rebuild Notre-Dame. Yes, it is an awesome place or was but we have people in Canada that need a roof over their head.

We also have an idiot that thinks he is a prince running Canada. Reality is he is running scared like a little piss ant that he is.

Get out and vote one and all and send this piece of shit back to the swamp they all came from.

Ralph do the world a favour and quit before you get wiped off the face of the map.

Name:	IMG_2622.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	767296

Also, when will some wake-up and start to charge these fools for mismanagement etc. 60 billion in extra debt and every country in the world hates us. Wonder why gender-based trade and free willy rights etc etc.

Climate barbie needs to be sent packing also. Send back to working at a McDonalds maybe she will learn something.

Comment

2/10s yesterday . And that is just about the total since winter.
      It may just make canola seeding decisions harder.

At least will be able to drive down a gravel road
      Without choking for a few days

Comment

Sending materials to france for the rebuild of a church....why? They already have enough money to build it from the ground up....

Just why does Canada need to do this kind of shit...So Justin condones the ways of the Catholic church and what they have done over the years????Thats what I read into it...

Why apologize for the atrocities of the church and pay for their sins....In other words the Catholic church should be writing the canadian government a cheque for their responsibility in history.

Comment

Virtue signalling. You have no coherent policy for the nation or any clue how to run one, so you try to just look pretty to fill the gap. It works for some. SK3 should spend some time on the CBC forums to find liberals that support him. That's where they are.

Then when your virtue signalling is failing you ramp up the racist talk just before the election.

I have never wished for 5 months to pass so quickly in my life.

Comment

20 missed most of the rain last few days, Heavier dirt.

Yea CBC and liberals are nuts. I have two on my face book I think they actually turn people to not vote liberal they are that nuts.

Arguing against educated people phds dr, masters etc. Vs grade 12.

Arguing against a girl I know from Venezuela and they believe they know better. Never left 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐚.

Trudeau will be in hiding for the next 5 months for sure.

Comment

We are 98 percent done..only some low area BLY to seed in a week or So.
              Got 2/10ths of rain..
              Temps cold so germ on anything will probably not happen..

Comment

This area has had min the last week.

Comment

To my liberal friends

Just put up in Regina.

Comment

Things are a little wet this morning after 3/10s of rain and a hard frost last night. Down to just Canola left to seed but there is hardly any green on the trees or grass yet.
                    Sask3 says the 16th for Canola but I think a safer bet 3-4 hours north of him might be the 20th. Its not that i would wait until the 20th just a safer bet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                        2/10s yesterday . And that is just about the total since winter.
                        It may just make canola seeding decisions harder.

At least will be able to drive down a gravel road
                        Without choking for a few days
                        What general Area are you sawfly ?
                        Man , there is some terrible dry places
                        Hope some of you guys can get some

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

To my liberal friends

Just put up in Regina.

But they shoulda put also , send goodale a message , done nothing for sask . It appears he hates this place
                          Last edited by caseih; May 16, 2019, 12:26.

Comment

Always dreamed of seeding between he rows. Canola going there now.

Comment

Missed adding the pic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.