• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Market: Correction or Crash?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll wait until the brokers start jumping off the rooftops. Then maybe something interesting will be happening.

Comment

this must be trumps fault , no ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        this must be trumps fault , no ?
        If I'm not Trump, then Certainly it must be the fault of global warming. After all everything else has been blamed on that

Comment

well they did say it would crash when trump got in , the part they missed is that it would nearly double first , lol. but yes surely it is because of global warming (that didn't work out , so mustnt call it that anymore ) , er , I mean , climate change , er no, accelerated climate change . surely the. coming spring will be a sure sign of accelerated climate change . colder than Siberia out here but I realize that's just weather , now
          wonder why that hot spell that Ontario and Quebec had in the fall was a sure sign of global warming according to the climatards???? saw it right on national news
          Last edited by caseih; Feb 5, 2018, 19:09.

Comment

So if money’s coming out of the stock market does that mean it’s going to come back into commodities?
            Hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              So if money’s coming out of the stock market does that mean it’s going to come back into commodities?
              Hope so.
              A lot of money has just been just 'burnt up' in the market stratosphere over the past two (2) trading sessions. Now intense margin calls . . . Not a lot of cash available for commodities right now (IMO).

Comment

The setback needed to actually turn DJ into a bear is still a couple thousand points away. Market is simply breaking confidence and flushing anyone and everyone out. This'll do wonders for liquidity (sarc) might want to get used to 1000+ point moves. No-one expected it to get to 26k they finally stepped in and got absolutely lit up. It was a hated bull. Which likely means once the majority says it's gonna drop to 0 it'll be on the highs again.

Comment

Somehow I think Errol has a level of satisfaction in saying "I told you so".... but will there be more?

I did nothing in anticipation of a correction/collapse. ...in fact I bought my RRSP earlier than usual.

Anyone try timing getting in and out of the market?

Maybe more money in the "invincible" farmland if this gets real ugly.

Comment

Unless you have 200k personal net income forget rrsp's they are a dud. Capital gains are 100% taxable inside only 50% taxable outside and 0% inside a TFSA. Gold rallied nicely today paper not lookin so hot.

Comment

Simpleton math:

If I buy a share for $10 and it peaks at $12 then falls to $8....how much money am I out? To me still only $2, (only if I sell or it never recovers). I never chrystalized any gain by selling at 12 and if I don't sell at 8 I've never chrystalized any loss either.

In fact even if it falls to 8, I bought it for 10 and someone has that money....so that $2 difference didn't evaporate. Even all the trades that took it to 12 were transactions with buyers and sellers.

Have I completely proven my ignorance?

Comment

Biglentil....I hate RRSPs, and TFSAs are chump change. Both maxed out(no unused RRSP contribution room left and too many parasites on my money). RRSPs need to be managed....just a tax deferral... just like incorporating a farm!!!!

Is any asset really worth anything until it's sold?

Comment

Interesting Copper down, Oil down, but Silver up. But we've been told its just an industrial metal these days. The market's sayin otherwise.

Sell your asset for what? Is modern currency money? Is it an asset? Or is it neither?

Lots of questions I know but its a wacky Keynesian world.

And wheres the plunge protection team sleeping at the computer they have infinite 0's and 1's?
                          Last edited by biglentil; Feb 5, 2018, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Is any asset really worth anything until it's sold?
                            Sure, if it earns income or you borrow a bunch of money against it and obtain more things

Comment

Coincidence. Almost exactly 10 yrs ago sub prime crash.

Kinda wish I paid $1M a year in taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                                Sure, if it earns income or you borrow a bunch of money against it and obtain more things
                                Ya ok, an income earning asset is good. But borrowing a bunch of money against it probably can't be done without "selling" a portion of the asset's value to the bank.....when it's paid off you get full title back. aka mortgage. 🤔

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.