• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald's facing a penalty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those poppies sure like to fall off. I fin as llu put a gob of hot glue on the needle.

Comment

The problem with criticism over Cherry's comments is that it actually divides the country. When allow that Don can't say "you people" we have given a segment of society a status not extended to all. It seems you can't call lefties "pinkos" anymore without derision. But you can call someone a "white nationalist" with no repercussions.

Wearing poppies around here is very visible. Our immigrants, mostly Filipino, some Congolese wear them. Our Drs. From Pakistan an Egypt wear them.

Mennonites wear them though many here have/had parents and grandparents that were conscientious objectors (sore point still amongst those who remember).

I don't know what he sees in Toronto, and not everyone may like what Don Cherry said, but we all should defend to the end his right to say it.
      Last edited by Braveheart; Nov 11, 2019, 10:57.

Comment

I didn't mean to like above. I don't like my arthritic fingers

Comment

Cherry is the one to blame for his obvious anti immigrant message that is dividing Canadians. Those were his words no one elses

Comment

Comment

I am sure his family has reminded him to mind his tongue. Some times we don’t need to say exactly what we think Cherry. Yougotta Cherry Pick your words, even when you wanna call somebody a “shit”.

Comment

Soon we will hear a message from serial groper PM Blackface regarding “inclusion”.

Comment

Looks like cherry is finished. They canned him today. He should have done his show in black face instead, that seems to be acceptable these days.

Comment

Somehow i doubt viewers are going to go up as result of comments or firing. Since Kaepernick, pro sports just keeps finding new ways of pissing off its customers. Think I'll watch the nephew, locally, before i turn on Sportsnet. You can see sports dying locally just as much as professionally. It's taking a population of roughly 5000 to ice a hockey team. Melfort had to join a couple other centers to get a house league midget hockey team. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      Soon we will hear a message from serial groper PM Blackface regarding “inclusion”.

No no oliver
                      Thats different because he says he is an all inclusive person
                      Cant believe women voted for the pos either

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        Somehow i doubt viewers are going to go up as result of comments or firing. Since Kaepernick, pro sports just keeps finding new ways of pissing off its customers. Think I'll watch the nephew, locally, before i turn on Sportsnet. You can see sports dying locally just as much as professionally. It's taking a population of roughly 5000 to ice a hockey team. Melfort had to join a couple other centers to get a house league midget hockey team. Sad.
                        The simple answer is thats its got too expensive
                        To play minor hockey or go to an nhl game
                        And too many politics in both
                        Unfortunately one other thing holding kids sports is that parents dont wanna committ

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          Cherry is the one to blame for his obvious anti immigrant message that is dividing Canadians. Those were his words no one elses
                          It’s not anti immigrant he’s voicing his opinion but I guess he has no rights just the people that don’t respect our values have rights.
                          I think immigrants should respect those who sacrificed so our country could be the way it is.
                          The freedom thing has been taken too far they did not fight for those that don’t respect our values.
                          Is there a boycott Sportsnet page? I might asking it be down off my tv package fk them.

Comment

Who said immigrants or minorities don't respect our values or Canada? That is a bullshit assumption. They fought and died in the wars with us and and fought with us as allies and helped build this country.

Not wearing a poppy is not a sign of disrespect. Katoe posted about numerous farmers not wearing poppies at coffee row. Would Cherry walk into a coffee shop and tell them they were disrespectful? I doubt it. But if there is a chance to criticize recent immigrants Cherry can't hold back, lumping them all under the catch phrase of "you people".

Another post was about how our airmen were supported by Punjabi East Indians and how much his family respected them.

Cherry chose to show disrespect to immigrants, immigrant veterans, and all veterans by making bigoted and divisive statements on Remembrance weekend.

In a country that is full of immigrants and their decedents from many parts of the world it is hard to understand why Cherry would forget about the history of his nation.

He deserved to be fired.
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 11, 2019, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              The simple answer is thats its got too expensive
                              To play minor hockey or go to an nhl game
                              And too many politics in both
                              Unfortunately one other thing holding kids sports is that parents dont wanna committ
                              We live on the western edge of being in the North East league. Got into Prince Albert league last year, saved over $3000 in gas money. Those trips after school to Hud Bay only to get home after midnight got real old. I realize it's mostly due to my location but most parents can't foot that bill knowing it's for fun and jr isn't going to the show. Lots of politics in sports, not just hockey. It's bizarre to watch it die but that is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                Who said immigrants or minorities don't respect our values or Canada? That is a bullshit assumption. They fought and died in the wars with us and and fought with us as allies.

Not wearing a poppy is not a sign of disrespect. Katoe just posted about numerous farmers not wearing poppies at coffee row. Would Cherry walk into a coffee shop and tell them they were disrespectful? I doubt it. But if there is a chance to criticize recent immigrants Cherry can't hold back, lumping them all under the catch phrase of "you people".

Another post was about how our airmen were supported by Punjabi East Indians and how much his family respected them.

Cherry chose to show disrespect to immigrants, immigrant veterans, and all veterans by making bigoted and divisive statements on Remembrance weekend.

He deserved to be fired.
                                I found his comments actually very generic. I believe it was you of the hysterical left that made it bigger than it was.

I live in a town with hundreds of immigrants living here. More than 10% of the population.

I have them living across the street and down the street from me. I find them hard working and very friendly. I am the first to greet them when they move into the neighborhood.

However, I went to the Remembrance day ceremony which was attended by 250 people or so. There was one family and one other individual visible minority in attendance. Kind of shows what Don Cherry was talking about.

I think it is more out of not knowing our war history than being wilfully disrespectful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...