• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Is anyone still complaining about L340 and L345?

Fert ill just leave that one alone, they can go **** themselves with the early pay and take price.
    I grew all L340, no complaints it looks really good, one field I mudded in and it even looks decent. That being said I don't think I will roll the dice on one variety again that's why I was asking about 505 and 506.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Wasn’t impressed with the 506 last year
      Hoping 505 better this year
      So treat it like it's non pod shatter?

Comment

Out of all ours, about 40% is L345 and 40% L340 and one-quarter of the new one plus rest is 505 506 and two token Dekalb

Comment

SASKFARMER;

Amazing GM is expanding its Driver Assist;

GM to double the Super Cruise road network
          04 August 2022

General Motors announced that Super Cruise, the hands-free driver assistance technology, will soon be expanded so that it works on even more roads, giving customers greater accessibility to hands-free driving. By doubling the Super Cruise road network, hundreds of thousands of additional miles of roads in the US and Canada can be explored hands-free.

Before-super-cruise-expansion

For new vehicles in the GM portfolio built on the VIP electrical architecture, the expansion will be available later this year and will be delivered at no additional charge, over-the-air starting in 2022 on Super Cruise-equipped models.

Super Cruise currently works on mapped divided highways, known as interstates. This expansion will enable Super Cruise to work on many additional state and federal routes, a combination of undivided and divided highway roads. A few notable routes with large sections coming online with this expansion include:

The Mother Road – US. Route 66
          Pacific Coast Highway – CA Route 1
          Overseas Highway – US Route 1
          Trans-Canada Highway
          When Super Cruise is engaged, the vehicle’s precision LiDAR map data, real-time cameras, radars and GPS keep the vehicle traveling along the lane path for a hands-free driving experience. These systems work together through sensor fusion to create a sensory field around the vehicle that assists in keeping it centered in the lane while elevating the driver’s comfort and convenience.

Super Cruise accelerates or brakes the vehicle to maintain a selected following gap from a vehicle ahead, steers to maintain lane position, and on select models when offered, can perform both driver and system-initiated lane changes to pass slower traffic and to move from a lane that may be ending, while monitoring the driver’s head position and/or eyes in relation to the road to help ensure driver attention."

General Motors announced that Super Cruise, the hands-free driver assistance technology, will soon be expanded so that it works on even more roads, giving customers greater accessibility to hands-free driving. By doubling the Super Cruise road network, hundreds of thousands of additional miles of roads in the US and Canada...

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
            SASKFARMER;

Amazing GM is expanding its Driver Assist;

GM to double the Super Cruise road network
            04 August 2022

General Motors announced that Super Cruise, the hands-free driver assistance technology, will soon be expanded so that it works on even more roads, giving customers greater accessibility to hands-free driving. By doubling the Super Cruise road network, hundreds of thousands of additional miles of roads in the US and Canada can be explored hands-free.

For new vehicles in the GM portfolio built on the VIP electrical architecture, the expansion will be available later this year and will be delivered at no additional charge, over-the-air starting in 2022 on Super Cruise-equipped models.

Super Cruise currently works on mapped divided highways, known as interstates. This expansion will enable Super Cruise to work on many additional state and federal routes, a combination of undivided and divided highway roads. A few notable routes with large sections coming online with this expansion include:

The Mother Road – US. Route 66
            Pacific Coast Highway – CA Route 1
            Overseas Highway – US Route 1
            Trans-Canada Highway
            When Super Cruise is engaged, the vehicle’s precision LiDAR map data, real-time cameras, radars and GPS keep the vehicle traveling along the lane path for a hands-free driving experience. These systems work together through sensor fusion to create a sensory field around the vehicle that assists in keeping it centered in the lane while elevating the driver’s comfort and convenience.

Super Cruise accelerates or brakes the vehicle to maintain a selected following gap from a vehicle ahead, steers to maintain lane position, and on select models when offered, can perform both driver and system-initiated lane changes to pass slower traffic and to move from a lane that may be ending, while monitoring the driver’s head position and/or eyes in relation to the road to help ensure driver attention."

https://www.greencarcongress.com/202...220804-gm.html

Comment

Before update

Comment

Lentils being cut at Moose Jaw. Early report is good quality, about 1800lbs an acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                  Curious what the pod shatter is like on that 505 and 506.
                  I grew 506 last year. It was my best yielder. No doubt Invigor pod shatter varieties like 340 and 345 have better pod integrity. I swathed all my canola last year except for one field of 255. I had neighbours who straight cut 506 and seemed happy. 506 is easier to thresh than 345, about the same as 340 but better yielder than 340. This year I have 345, 506, 509 and Canterra CS 4000. 506 looks good but so does the 345.

Comment

Anyone else have Asters yellows in canola?
                    Sure seems to be alot in this area..

Comment

Tom the 2023 Denali 3/4 might have in April.

If I trade Yukons it might have this fall. Interesting.

We had pioneer last year good yield and easy to harvest with no problem. We did go when ready.

My L340 and l345 looks good. My deakLb not as good but ok.

Comment

Before update

Tom I believe that more than half the fun of a journey is getting there. Will this tech account for the skunk or elk trying to play chicken with you on the road? Especially since most won’t be paying attention if it works like it’s supposed to. When things eventually go wrong who’s fault is it?

Comment

I have never had good luck with DeKalb, will look at 505 or 506 for some acres next year.

Comment

505 really impressive
                            Will see how pod shatter is
                            And has some schlotentina (spelt wrong) resistance

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                              Tom I believe that more than half the fun of a journey is getting there. Will this tech account for the skunk or elk trying to play chicken with you on the road? Especially since most won’t be paying attention if it works like it’s supposed to. When things eventually go wrong who’s fault is it?
                              I have the radar on the front of my Touareg (Active Cruise Control) ACC in freeway driving it sees the deer 🦌 more often than not before I do, on long trips it is really hard to beat. The person driving is always responsible… and will be charged if they are at fault in an accident.

My experience is the ACC is a wonderful accident prevention safety addition to vehicles, not for sleeping behind the wheel, as GM clearly specified.

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Drove Edmonton to regina today. Only canola still blooming was right around Regina. Looked pretty nice from the road.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.