• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    FCC is not the only financial institution doing this, nor is this new. All financial institutions including banks and CUs have always had to report all suspicious transactions or any transactions which could possibly be related to a crime or terrorism and to freeze those accounts without even requiring a court order. In February this mandate was extended to any transactions related to blockades or protests. FCC is protecting its own butt given the new reporting requirements.
    so you think sombody that drives down the road with a canadain flag on their truck shud be put on a terriost watch list ? they asked their employes to report anybody that they seen supporting convoy , it had notting whatsoever to do with transactions , you dont even deserve to call yourself a canadain

Comment

I never said farmers were terrorists or criminals, I said that every financial institution has always had to report anyone who they had reason to believe were funding illegal actiivities.

The Feb emergency act expanded the mandate to monitoring anyone participating or supporting blockades and protests. There were farmers who were doing so, and some had their accounts frozen, and not just at FCC. Financial institutions are still unsure of the new reporting rules so are proceeding with caution and want to know if a customer may pose issues for them in the future so those casual conversations with your banker can open you up to further scrutiny.

I never said I agreed with this oversight, but it is a fact at not only FCC but all financial institutions now.

Comment

it was not an oversight , the workers were instructed to spy on their clients that to me is the discusting part , transactions are a diferent story alltogether

Comment

I never said farmers were terrorists or criminals, I said that every financial institution has always had to report anyone who they had reason to believe were funding illegal actiivities.

The Feb emergency act expanded the mandate to monitoring anyone participating or supporting blockades and protests. There were farmers who were doing so, and some had their accounts frozen, and not just at FCC. Financial institutions are still unsure of the new reporting rules so are proceeding with caution and want to know if a customer may pose issues for them in the future so those casual conversations with your banker can open you up to further scrutiny.

I never said I agreed with this oversight, but it is a fact at not only FCC but all financial institutions now.
          just remember , Anne Frank was breaking the law with the govt of the day .
          just because this communist says it is law doesn't mean it is right
          history will make a fool of you

Comment

Has one farm group came out and denounced this????

Because it isn't really about the trucker convoy , its about your behaviour , your thoughts, your opinion that FCC has been told to monitor on behalf of the government.

If no one sees a problem with this, then what happens when the government doesn't't like the board room people's opinion?

Seen that last year when APAS questioned the provincial government about the deficit and what was Harpauer's response?

Comment

i know sombody that aplied for gov funding for a kids Bible camp , on aplication form it asked did they support abortion , sickening beyond words what has happened in this country

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Has one farm group came out and denounced this????

Because it isn't really about the trucker convoy , its about your behaviour , your thoughts, your opinion that FCC has been told to monitor on behalf of the government.

If no one sees a problem with this, then what happens when the government doesn't't like the board room people's opinion?

Seen that last year when APAS questioned the provincial government about the deficit and what was Harpauer's response?
                Bucket, do you have any proof to your claim that the FCC was "monitoring on behalf of government"? What makes you think FCC was forwarding information about clients to anyone outside FCC? The Customer Diligence Centre is an internal FCC department, not a separate government agency. And it is important to note that the portion of email which was copied above was sent on Feb 23, when the Emergencies Act was still in place and all financial institutions were required to freeze accounts of participants.

Comment

Turning FCC civil servants into witch hunters:

Last edited by littledoggie; Jul 29, 2022, 10:09. Reason: clarification

Comment

Bucket, do you have any proof to your claim that the FCC was "monitoring on behalf of government"? What makes you think FCC was forwarding information about clients to anyone outside FCC? The Customer Diligence Centre is an internal FCC department, not a separate government agency. And it is important to note that the portion of email which was copied above was sent on Feb 23, when the Emergencies Act was still in place and all financial institutions were required to freeze accounts of participants.
                    The evidence is in the email posted above. Why defend their actions?

Maybe one day a different government might not like your opinion, maybe your opinion about protesting pipelines ( as an example only ) might not fit the government's narrative.

Would you like to be blacklisted in your dealings with any of your financial institutions?

Its not about the trucker convoy, its about monitoring your opinion.

On any topic.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      The evidence is in the email posted above. Why defend their actions?

Maybe one day a different government might not like your opinion, maybe your opinion about protesting pipelines ( as an example only ) might not fit the government's narrative.

Would you like to be blacklisted in your dealings with any of your financial institutions?

Its not about the trucker convoy, its about monitoring your opinion.

On any topic.
                      What evidence is there in the email? It asks they report to the CDC which is an internal FCC department.

And not defending what FCC did, only pointing out it is what every financial instituition had to do under the emergency Act and which to a degree every institution has always done and continues to do. So why single out a financial institution dedicated to agriculture for your complaint instead of the entire banking system including CUs
                      Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jul 29, 2022, 09:58.

Comment

And keep in mind, that in the end, the courts ruled that the protests were legal.

Don't just boycott fcc, boycott any federal institutions whenever possible. If for no other reason than when we separate, they will cease to be functional here anyways.

Comment

Did the CUs ask their workers to spy on people ?

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                            Did the CUs ask their workers to spy on people ?
                            I had a long conversation with commercial lending officer at our credit union during the height of the bank account seizures. They had almost no information about it at all. They weren't even sure if the rules applied to them at that point. There was no internal communication

Comment

i seen scotiabank apologized for freezing bank accounts , wonder what will FCC do ? i see they have been buzy deleteing comments on their FB page

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                                i seen scotiabank apologized for freezing bank accounts , wonder what will FCC do ? i see they have been buzy deleteing comments on their FB page
                                Do you have any screen shots? or link to a site that preserved screen shots?
                                Would be great to review.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.