• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago a neighbor had a canola test plot on his land, strips were all numbered no variety shown. There was a big difference with one outstanding. He kept after them to tell him what it was so could buy that seed. They finally admitted it was all the same just different seed lots.

Comment

340 on the left 345 on the right, same hour same depth same packing pressure

Comment

I have the same thing going on. L340 is excellent, the L258 has no vigor

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
          I have the same thing going on. L340 is excellent, the L258 has no vigor
          I have grown 258 for quite a few years and last year I had none and this year a little. You are right it is a slow dog. However as slow as it is our 345 is way worse. Had some fields same day. Same depth same fan speed same fertility and same speed. If that 345 has any vigor at all I would be shocked.
          The other this is treatments. If I can’t get canola seed with helix and buteo I am not going to use it.
          Our seed was b so 4.7 pounds. If the clowns would have left it as sold in 50 pound bags we would have some large seed and medium to small. Possible the larger seeds would have more energy to push out when maybe slightly smaller won’t make it.
          The price of this crap should be 50% less. At 4-500 dollars a bag maybe I could see the value in it but at 800-1000 the risk level is way to high. Wouldn’t take me very long to talk myself out of growing it.

Comment

P509 L , planted May 25 at 2.5 lbs

P505 L , cert 2 , planted May 20 at 2.5 lbs

Very impressed with B1030 , handled early frosts and dry conditions very well, far better than PV591 seeded same time , same fertility, same wheat stubble . Big difference
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 20, 2022, 06:43.

Comment

Anyone else find PV 591 very sluggish and weak ?

Comment

Even OLD Dekalb 7565 is fine, with Buteo, this pic is beside 2021 field...seeded May 26 with that low value 5710

Click image for larger version

Name:	June 20 a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	773463

Name:	June 20 b.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	773464

Comment

BASF came out with a statement
                  From real agriculture

BASF says it is investigating an issue with the performance of some InVigor canola seed in Western Canada.

The company issued a statement on Thursday saying it “has been made aware that certain InVigor canola hybrids may be experiencing slow emergence in select geographies…”

“We have a dedicated team examining possible contributing factors,” the company said.

InVigor varieties account for the majority of Canadian canola acres.

The company also debuted a new seed treatment, called Vercoras, on a portion of InVigor seed in 2022.

BASF says it will provide an update on its “review” as soon as possible.

More to come.
                  Last edited by mcfarms; Jun 24, 2022, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                    “We have a dedicated team examining possible contributing factors,” the company said..
                    We know how that ends, it was the farmers fault.

My 233 has performed like shit. 5 weeks in the ground and you can now just barely make out the rows. Absolutely no vigor.

Comment

Let's rename it BASF WithoutVigor...

Comment

The P505 MSL and P509L came up quick and are really moving along now

505 , Planted May 21

509 , planted May 25

Comment

Here was the 1 PM wakeup call from yesterday

Name:	2022-06-27 075803.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	773487

Comment

Excellent graphs Larry , and they show exactly what most are seeing on the ground in many areas . This crop in general is way behind other than a few pockets

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                              Here was the 1 PM wakeup call from yesterday
                              [ATTACH]10692[/ATTACH]
                              Good charts, do people feel the crops are just further behind compared to “normal” or are things just that ugly out west?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Let's rename it BASF WithoutVigor...
                                BASF unvigour

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.