• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teck Pulls Out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teck Pulls Out

Like WTF. With a decision pending this week, Teck now has voluntarily pulled its mine application delaying the project indefinitely. Good god are we fd.

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Like WTF. With a decision pending this week, Teck now has voluntarily pulled its mine application delaying the project indefinitely. Good god are we fd.
    That is what happens when you F with business people. They get tired of being screwed over and go where they are well received.

This country won’t turn around until we get drama teacher out and get someone who is business friendly in. Unfortunately the damage is done and will take decades to undo.

Comment

You're surprised?

I'm amazed capital isn't fleeing faster from this 3rd world shithole.

Who the hell wants to invest good money here to watch it burn in the peace pipe of an Indian?

Even if they got the approval, they would have to deal with the same shit as Coastal, just because the Indians would say their further consultations informed them that the Great Spirit was against it.

Burn it all to the ****ing ground and get some ****ing separatist leaders in the West because Kenney is a ****-up.

Comment

We unfortunately will never move forward if we have politicians from Quebec trying to steer the ship. They are intentionally delaying all approvals and adding extra hoops to jump through until corporations move their $ elsewhere. This is their way of killing the energy sector.

Comment

Let's try to stay positive. Assume they left the application in place and Cabinet vetoed it next week. Then it would truly be over. Suppose the announcement is that they are going to delay the application for some unspecified period - IOW until a more reasonable government gets elected. That's what I'm going to believe until I hear otherwise.

Skippy can't be PM forever.

Comment

Fairly obvious Justin Trudeau just drove away more investment. So if you are Jason Kenney what the hell do you do now, what do you say, you must realize the writing is on the wall. If your Justin Trudeau this is a very big gift, FML!

Comment

They said they pulled it due to the current instability. Worst government in Canadian history. There will be a lot of suffering soon.

Comment

He will spin this just like EE. Oh the economics didnt work out and the company pulled out on their own.

I dont know whats left. TMX will be the next target, it wont make it now either. Its time to look south. Its better our resources go that way anyway. Just easier. canada is too weak to deal with the real world.

Comment

He will spin this just like EE. Oh the economics didnt work out and the company pulled out on their own.

I dont know whats left. TMX will be the next target, it wont make it now either. Its time to look south. Its better our resources go that way anyway. Just easier. canada is too weak to deal with the real world.
                  Unless, hes willing to see "soldiers... with guns... on our streets", theres no way TMX gets across the finish line.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    They said they pulled it due to the current instability. Worst government in Canadian history. There will be a lot of suffering soon.
                    I think the economics of it had a lot to do with it also, but what a waste of years and money for the company. I actually would have rather it got turned down by Trudeau instead of Teck backing off. Now Trudeau isnt forced to make an unpopular decision either way. However would be worse if they approved it but then the company never built it.

Too bad, would have been a good boost for the economy. I think there is a world of hurt coming to the prairies unless there is a good rebound in gas and oil. Can only coast so long. The stories of people underemployed and such in recent years has been a bit of a lifestyle adjustment but not the devastation yet to come.

Comment

Well I hope everyone is happy.

Or maybe like a 'fair' divorce. No one's happy.
                      I can hear it now. Wasn't economical.
                      TEN years of study!!!
                      TEN years of price fluctuation.
                      Feasible until now.
                      Who shagged who to get the announcement at the last second.
                      Politicos all off the hook.
                      And the checks never stopped to those who've gotten them all along.
                      Last edited by blackpowder; Feb 23, 2020, 21:07.

Comment

Libtards PAID or threatened TECH to back out. They are of the hook, total criminals.
                        Like Climate Cult proponents, a Nuremberg type trial will be necessary to purge the ROT/CORRUPTION off the planet!

Comment

This confirms the economic reality. Brent crude last week was $59.00 a barrel Tar Sands Bitumen is only economically viable at $85,00 to $95.00 a barrel. These pipelines that are government financed are in fact money pits to bleed the taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
                            This confirms the economic reality. Brent crude last week was $59.00 a barrel Tar Sands Bitumen is only economically viable at $85,00 to $95.00 a barrel. These pipelines that are government financed are in fact money pits to bleed the taxpayers.
                            The construction is 7 years out. Do you know what oil prices will be then? These mega projects have to be started 10 yrs in advance due to the stupid regulations in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
                              Your preference is for oil to be hauled on the rail instead? Weird that a grain farmer would want that.

The TMX pipeline would of been privately financed but Trudeau and Butts have different ideas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.