• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crap

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap

If the forecast is right lots of crop won't combined here and next to nothing seeded, four days of showers and then downpowers, i am so sick of this shit.

Originally posted by makar View Post
    If the forecast is right lots of crop won't combined here and next to nothing seeded, four days of showers and then downpowers, i am so sick of this shit.
    Misery loves company and you’re in good company. Supposed to start tomorrow and dump 60+ mm. Just when things were getting nice and not worrying about too much mud. Burning the candle here but progress is slow.

We need heat and sunshine ........... not the liquid kind either.

Hope the forecast is wrong ........... the half inch called for two weeks ago turned into over two though.

Good luck monsoon season is upon us it seems🍀

Comment

My csr dork told me ten days ago spring is early, ground is warm, he didn't care for my comment don't help if same ground won't hold equipment for two weeks.

Comment

I would love to send some wind your way in return for 1/2 inch of rain this weekend.

Been blowing here for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
          If it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat, still got a bit to combine and only got 25% of my seeding done, and yes calling for 4 days here also, got 3/10 last night already. Overall area ahead of me, slow as usual!

Comment

Rain is my nemesis! I hate it. Right now we are able to seed but the ground is so wet any rain would set us back close to June. I know you need a little rain in the growing season but it’s been so many years since I actually hoped for rain.
            You guys that are getting to much I know the feeling. I hope you miss it,
            Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              I would love to send some wind your way in return for 1/2 inch of rain this weekend.

Been blowing here for a month.
              Deal

Except you got to take all the rain and I want your sun too. 😎

Comment

Today must not be a good day for Farmaholic, the wind is crazy.🙈

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Today must not be a good day for Farmaholic, the wind is crazy.🙈
                  All we get is wind in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.
                  I'm starting a cactus farm and rattle snake ranch.

On the bright side the humidity isn't insanely low.

Comment

It is amazing how conditions can be so different from one area to another.

We are getting close to being done, but most of the seed is sitting in dust. There may have been some moisture as we seeded, but it was sucked up and blown away by the constant wind.

We could take all the rain anybody wants to give us. We have a place to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      It is amazing how conditions can be so different from one area to another.

We are getting close to being done, but most of the seed is sitting in dust. There may have been some moisture as we seeded, but it was sucked up and blown away by the constant wind.

We could take all the rain anybody wants to give us. We have a place to put it.
                      Yea Im in the same boat. Ploughed Mustard into very marginal moisture. Wind the last few days likely dried it out before it could germinate, and even then moisture was uneven so Im sure portions of the field got layed into dry dirt.

Picked up 0.17" this morning. Ground looks wet, and it smells great. Pawed around in my durum field and below the surface she's pure powder. It's likely going to take an inch at least just to meet the moisture level down below.

We need to get wet in a significant manner, or patchy emergence in small seeded crops is going to be an issue again like last year.

Comment

I think its coming. Look straight south of us. Maybe tonight. It would be stellar to get an inch, any which way. This hot wind is crooool. mcDougall auction has XXL Sweat Pants.
                        Last edited by sumdumguy; May 20, 2020, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          I think its coming. Look straight south of us. Maybe tonight. It would be stellar to get an inch, any which way. This hot wind is crooool. mcDougall auction has XXL Sweat Pants.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-20-18-10-47.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	769717

This will probably follow the trajectory of the last systems. Its just a big swirling comma. But.you can always be hopeful......EnviroCan says 60% chance. I can't get the shed doors open to put the trucks in for fear of the wind tearing them off.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Junk the sliding doors and get some overhead doors with openers !
                            Red iron shed built in 86 and they work well. Wind is retarded..... on calm days I can't walk around the yard without falling over. Takes a couple of days to get used to walking without wind.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; May 20, 2020, 19:19.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200520-192436.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	769718

....well you never know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.