• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice Helping a Friend Deal With a Loss

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like Ridgerunner is a great friend.
    Lots of good suggestion on here from smart people.....only suggestion I might add is could a church minister/reverend or one of his trusted relatives help with the grieving process?
    Farm stress line could be effective too?
    Would local hospital/health region have suggestions?

Take care.

Comment

Macdon has very good and helpful thoughts. Well worth listening to.

Comment

PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder there is some very good help out there. It takes a special trained counselor. It is the same thing that wrecks many lives and kills many of our EMS, Police and military. I could maybe get you some names of people that can help, but not on here gets pretty personal. Not sure where you are at but my son is Executive Director of Alberta Paramedic Association and has done lots of work on PTSD he has helped set up a group of counselors that are trained specifically in the field to treat symptoms. Wealth of knowledge out there it is finding and getting it.

Comment

Grief is a very private journey that can't be rushed, and may never totally end, and everyone has their own course. A year is not a long time at all. Remember the loss, share the memory. Never forget that pain of the loss to your friend. It is all we can do for those who will ever live with such an immense loss.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
            Grief is a very private journey that can't be rushed, and may never totally end, and everyone has their own course. A year is not a long time at all. Remember the loss, share the memory. Never forget that pain of the loss to your friend. It is all we can do for those who will ever live with such an immense loss.

I agree wth your thoughts Vicki. One year is almost no time at all for a Greving father. After a decade it gets a little easier. It's so hard for people dealing with loss especially the first few years. I had a very close family member lose their son a few years ago. It absolutely broke our hearts. Although the pain of loss cuts into us deep and leaves a big scar for the rest of our lives the strength we posses deep within us always amazes me. People learn to carry on with the pain. As I get older in life I see this pain is a part of life. My heart goes out to anyone experiencing great loss. I know the feeling of loss all to well.
            Last edited by Casered; Mar 28, 2017, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
              I agree wth your thoughts Vicki. One year is almost no time at all for a Greving father. After a decade it gets a little easier. It's so hard for people dealing with loss especially the first few years. I had a very close family member lose their son a few years ago. It absolutely broke our hearts. Although the pain of loss cuts into us deep and leaves a big scar for the rest of our lives the strength we posses deep within us always amazes me. People learn to carry on with the pain. As I get older in life I see this pain is a part of life. My heart goes out to anyone experiencing great loss. I know the feeling of loss all to well.
              I want to thank you all for your replies, they have been very helpful. I have taken a lot of the things that have been said as great advice that will hopefully help in this situation. The above quote is a great finale to this thread. I can see now that there is no short term fix, and dealing with this loss is going to take time. Allowing him to talk, share stories and feelings while being supportive is going to be our jobs from now on, all the while trying to show him all the good things that are still in his life....his remaining family. Appreciate it, RR.

Comment

RR it is friends like you that make life worthwhile at any stage, in every challenge. You and those like you are golden. Take care.

Comment

I lost a child at 6 months of age and then lost my mother a month later. And my father passed away a year after my mom. And just lost my mother in law. Life isn't fair and I have major issues dealing with all the grief. I'am lucky to have two girls and a farm that keep me very very busy. I dread the day that life slows down and I have time to think.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.