• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any bets ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any bets ...

Canola won’t hit $20... locally
    And this will not happen ...

Just a guess neither will happen

But being close was fun for a bit .

Oh and Greenland will not lose it’s ice within the next 100 years .. any takers ?
    We won’t be around, but I will throw $100 in a time capsule against anyone.
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 28, 2021, 08:12.

Ya I see 2 days of +9 in a row for the end of the week. If that happens guys will start dragging air drills up to the shop. Won't be hard to do because they are not stuck in snow banks like normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Ya I see 2 days of +9 in a row for the end of the week. If that happens guys will start dragging air drills up to the shop. Won't be hard to do because they are not stuck in snow banks like normal.
      https://weather.com/news/weather/video/march-temperature-outlook-is-in-0?cm_ven=hp-slot-3

Polar Vortex strong in March keeping cold Arctic Air up in northern Canada...

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/will-march-come-in-like-a-lion-or-a-lamb

Stormy first week of March in the US...

Cheers!
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 28, 2021, 03:24.

Comment

Yes many areas would be the same if we t gets that warm.
        It might in the south but here not so sure.
        Will be better than that -35 stuff regardless.
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 28, 2021, 08:18.

Comment

Maybe not in more northerly areas with good snow cover, but in the south there is going to be some snow burning going on next week

Comment

One good melting day, and the next day the RM should put in a fire ban for the area.

Someone once said about a total crop failure, or what you would consider a crop failure, "wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter". I can honestly say, " it doesn't matter", except with the caveat that I sure don't want that fire.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              One good melting day, and the next day the RM should put in a fire ban for the area.

Someone once said about a total crop failure, or what you would consider a crop failure, "wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter". I can honestly say, " it doesn't matter", except with the caveat that I sure don't want that fire.
              Hopefully you get some March / April moisture.

Comment

Drug my drill out one warm afternoon last week but sitting there waiting for it to warm up. Figured I’d do it to make it snow and it is snowing now. Changing secondary towers over from old style over to the rubber ones on remaining seed runs. Funny thing those big hoses slide off cold pipes with aid of heat gun better than warm. Problem is balancing atop the drill frame is treacherous for the human.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FD7142A-C305-4356-B08D-5D15DCA21D70.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	770822
                  No drills out here for a long time

Comment

My god.

Were you trying to completely block out that treeline?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      [ATTACH]7613[/ATTACH]
                      No drills out here for a long time
                      Can see where the bumper crop is going to be.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E4B94CD-C73F-4E5C-99E0-CD976607B584.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	770827

That’s some real nice snow. We’re good for moisture down deeper than usual. One spring rain and we’re off to the races.

Our Snow is deeper than Regina but not like Case

Comment

Pulling out drills? Must be in a different country!!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Pulling out drills? Must be in a different country!!
                            Same here , but it does show how little snow there is in areas, and those areas are dry .
                            Those maps above are quite telling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.