• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some good news for a change

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good news for a change

https://www.blacklocks.ca/fuel-tax-break-survives-vote/ https://www.blacklocks.ca/fuel-tax-break-survives-vote/

Sorry it's behind a paywall. But you get the gist - a private member's bill (Conservative MP Philip Lawrence), Bill C-206 An Act to Amend The Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act would further exempt on-farm use of propane and natural gas. The bill was endorsed by MPs on 2nd reading and it is now referred to hearings of the Commons agriculture committee. Cabinet opposed the private bill - no surprise there.

I think every liberal voted against it...there was one conservative as well but he changed his vote...must have been on a bad bender...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      I think every liberal voted against it...there was one conservative as well but he changed his vote...must have been on a bad bender...
      There is zero chance this bill gets past the HoC. But the supreme court rules on it all next month. That will be the thing to watch. Lets hope some of those Harper appointees get some balls and help end this nightmare.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.