• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poly or stainless round fenders

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poly or stainless round fenders

What is preference for trailer fenders? The poly is approx 300lbs lighter on a super B. The stainless looks sharper. I like the weight savings of the poly and I thought they might be easier to knock the slush and ice out of in the winter.
    I am trying to go as light as I can including 22.5s and no lift axles.

What % of gravel vs pavement miles.

Price of poly vs stainless.

Comment

If you do decide on stainless, don't get the cheap offshore ones. They rust.
      Just like the cheap offshore stainless bbq's

Comment

30% gravel, 70% highway.
        I think price is the same, or minimal difference anyway.
        I had stainless half fender on the truck. The looked great new but after a year they were all punched up from the gravel. Replaced with half Minimizer now. They look good too I think.
        I have seen some trailers with the poly fenders where the poly is all cracked and broken. I don’t know if they were Minimizer or some other breed.
        I imagine a tire blowout will destroy both types.

Comment

And is the oscillating fifth wheel at back of lead necessary or just go with the fixed lo-lube Jost? I haven’t found any weight specs.

Comment

I would go with minimizer Had a drive tire blow last summer. Went back and picked up the fender after it went under the trailer at highway speed. Got new brackets and put the fender back on. Can’t tell anything happened to it.

Comment

i put stainless on one , galvanized on the other one , both sets good but those 2" nickel plated pipes with 4 hole flange to put on frame are a joke , 3 of the six have broken at the welds in a year , don't put 5000 km on each truck yearly. retailer says no one else has had trouble

Comment

Poly. Fleet Engineers would be my first choice. We've had trailers with both poly and stainless, and I'd choose poly.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                  Poly. Fleet Engineers would be my first choice. We've had trailers with both poly and stainless, and I'd choose poly.
                  Looks BRAND new, unless you like polishing aluminum.

Comment

In that pic, yes. Durabrite rims still look that shiny after 2+ years.

Will add to my other post. Have Minimizer fenders on 3 trucks and one trailer that was sold. Not a bad choice, but impressed with the mounting brackets, price and quality of the Fleet Engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      And is the oscillating fifth wheel at back of lead necessary or just go with the fixed lo-lube Jost? I haven’t found any weight specs.
                      Not sure about ‘necessary’ but I did get the oscillating fifth on last two legacy trailers. I think if you are using it in and out of fields, it lessens the strain/twist on the trailers and should mean less cracking issues (I haven’t had any) would add very little weight. Needs frequent greasing. Cost $2500 extra.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.