• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF ?? Price gouging.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF ?? Price gouging.....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/long-term-care-homes-are-being-offered-masks-and-gloves-but-only-if-they-can-pay-big-1.4883605

I wonder how many masks and gloves $160 million would buy ?? I guess that useless UN / WHO needs it more than our care homes .
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 5, 2020, 22:14.

They should investigate some of these suppliers and if found guilty of gouging should be fined and run out of business. We know that some of these suppliers are not from Canada but the ones that are need to made a example of if they are trying to take advantage of the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      They should investigate some of these suppliers and if found guilty of gouging should be fined and run out of business. We know that some of these suppliers are not from Canada but the ones that are need to made a example of if they are trying to take advantage of the current situation.
      I was grabbing some screws from a local fastener retailer the employee said a guy came in two weeks earlier and bought up all their N95 masks 50 grand worth.

Comment

The CEO of the Saskatoon Health Board was on the radio last week saying an employee in their unit stole a large shipment destined for their hospitals. No name given and no charges - huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
          Ontario is gonna try that. Hundreds of thousands in fines plus years in jail time. If I'm running a store and price jumps to me, do i pass cost into consumer? Why risk it? Easier to not sell the item. Who decides what gouging is? This mess is setting up to be inflationary. Demand. I see empty shelves in their future.

Comment

Galen Weston admitted to gouging on bread for years now he's on TV saying how he's giving millions...

More than likely his stores have increased prices on everything that people need for a nice profit....

Jimmy Pattison is probably doing the same thing on parts at his JD dealerships to make up for any lost equipment sales....

Such nice fellows ...philanthropists are just thieves that never got caught....

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              I was grabbing some screws from a local fastener retailer the employee said a guy came in two weeks earlier and bought up all their N95 masks 50 grand worth.
              Police should be tracking down those masks and distributing them to hospitals but the ****ing liberals in Regina won't even arrest the strikers at the refinery.

Comment

maybe ****oo will come out of his clock for a minute and lay the wrath on them

Comment

No politician is going to get an investigation going into gouging.....they condone it so there is a chance of a board seat at the end of the day..

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    My son's sister-in-law works at a drug store in Calgary. Same shit going on there. Should be tracked down and givien one minute to decide if they want to donate to a hospital or get an airplane ticket back home.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Day 25 of his “self isolation” while all provincial leaders are out in front leading daily ...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Day 25 of his “self isolation” while all provincial leaders are out in front leading daily ...
                          Its ****ing disgusting
                          But who would expect any difference?

Comment

Years ago while in a lineup in Calgary a pair of new Canadians had a shopping cart filled with blank VCR tapes. Wonder if they declared the value adding with revenue Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Galen Weston admitted to gouging on bread for years now he's on TV saying how he's giving millions...

More than likely his stores have increased prices on everything that people need for a nice profit....

Jimmy Pattison is probably doing the same thing on parts at his JD dealerships to make up for any lost equipment sales....

Such nice fellows ...philanthropists are just thieves that never got caught....
                              Did you know that Jim Pattison is giving his entire fortune to charity?? Every single dollar.

The business has to survive though. But everything in the end will be managed for charity. I was with a group of people in his boardroom in Vancouver and he told us that and i quote: Warren Buffet called me and said Jimmy, I am giving 50% of my wealth to charity. Jimmy answered back - i am going to do one better, i am giving 100% of it away.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.