• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over reliance ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over reliance ....

//youtu.be/vQx8cu2h8Hc
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 5, 2020, 14:58.

//youtu.be/MW_CtACw-qA

Comment

I've never experienced it but I wonder if this is what WWII felt like away from the front lines.

Comment

//youtu.be/pKmUxSlOoUE

Interesting to watch from a non-north american media bias..

Would like Mallee’s opinion on Sky News
        They have interesting reports for sure ....
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 5, 2020, 15:13.

Comment

//youtu.be/Z0_u7ySnPnM

Comment

Thank you furrow and sky news.Interesting comment from a person from Taiwan thinking over a million Chinese have died. Would make sense with the other death rates in other countries.

Comment

Got crap internet here overloaded slow as.

But yeah don’t disagree we may have over reliance on China, but ain’t gonna change overnight like if countries want to go back to own manufacturing etc no issue but gonna be 5 plus years, things move slow.

Yep all the infrastructure needed you guessed it will come predominately from China.

Catch22

Trying to think of Canadian example seed hawks all the steel is Chinese origin, base ore probably Australian

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                The commentator makes very good points in this SkyNews report. Peter Navarro made good points as well.

Would negative comments about Communist China Party be allowed on Canadian airwaves??

Comment

I bought some oak plywood - comes from China. 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    The commentator makes very good points in this SkyNews report. Peter Navarro made good points as well.

Would negative comments about Communist China Party be allowed on Canadian airwaves??
                    Well it was almost refreshing to see something else other than our heavily censored media .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Well it was almost refreshing to see something else other than our heavily censored media .
                      Media ain’t to bad in oz. some reporters grate your gears but that’s life in general eh and truth is compromised.

Errrr Internet forums are similar, check check and double check some of the claims on here but refrain.

A Australian businessman interviewed today on radio said normality is returning to China but and here’s the big but cant import can’t export.

Another comment he made re over reliance on China and the haters, well he said pea and thimble , India Thailand Taiwan will become least cost suppliers at chinas expense. Will just shift 15 yrs time everything will be made in India.

Other comment I didn’t really realise he said China’s population need to eat whereas India to a large degree is self sufficient for food.

He kinda went down the careful,what you wish for line.

Do I agree or disagree still pondering but you know I’ve said world needs strong China. Strong USA India .

Some suggest Putin is manouvering as well, he’s been kinda quite. Guess oil is his ace of spades, was gonna say trump card but might be misconstrued

Comment

Blame China, but how about blaming ourselves . . .

Corporate America fed off of China. Just watch an episode of Shark Tank. Do they care about how China made product arrives globally? All they worry about is the landed price. How much profit can be made via cheap labor in another country and its ability to supply. That’s all that matters. Let’s let the good times roll . . . .

We are sitting ducks because of our ‘feed me now’ mentality. This is not just medicines, this is everything including financial markets. What about rare earth metals? . . . the elephant in the room.

This pandemic is a wake-up call. Consumerism will be forever changed. There is no snapback to the good old days of raging mind-blowing bank profits fed by bloated consumer debt. Now Wall Street banks are looking for bailouts. The spell of Trumpism stateside may take on a whole new meaning. Politics and what is important may become be a totally different beast. Feed me now mentality may no longer be as important.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          ........The spell of Trumpism stateside may take on a whole new meaning......
                          You have an audience - don't stop there?

Comment

Errol, you say consumerism is going to change, how? Will corporate NA change and how?

Here are my questions

1. Will consumers be willing to spend more of their disposable income on the necessities of life, or will
                            there be no more disposable income?

2. Will corporate Canada and America be willing to take less, but have those jobs onshore?

3. Will unionized labor realize that if they quit asking for more and more and more those jobs that left will
                            comeback?

4. Will business and labor work together to achieve this?

5. The big one, will consumers be willing to pay more for a food and medical supply chain that for the most part is in country?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              You have an audience - don't stop there?
                              The political miscalculation and ultimate failure of American protectionism . . . .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.