• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone following this ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    No problem, god will provide.

If you don't support the charter, you get no funding. Why is this a problem?
    So the right to kill unborn kids, and the right to change yourself from a man to a woman are charter rights?

Comment

This is not complicated. Wing nut religious organizations FFS.

Once again demonstrating the power of effective marketing of lies and myth to a society of people completely unable to critically think for themselves.
      So you are calling our camp a wing nut religious organization? That we can not critically think? Hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        So the right to kill unborn kids, and the right to change yourself from a man to a woman are charter rights?
        In Canada, a woman has the right to do as she chooses, and yes that is in the charter.

The laws of the land are what's important here, not your beliefs. IF you want them changed, you can lobby for change, just don't expect the government of Canada to fund it.

How about trying to answer the question?

Comment

In Canada, a woman has the right to do as she chooses, and yes that is in the charter.

The laws of the land are what's important here, not your beliefs. IF you want them changed, you can lobby for change, just don't expect the government of Canada to fund it.

How about trying to answer the question?
          Sorry, what was the question? What do you feel about the explicit charter right of religion? And show me in the charter where abortion is a charter right?

Comment

What about the rights of students getting jobs forced to lobby against the charter of rights and freedoms?

This is how it all started and is the problem.

How do you address the problem if not determining if the primary focus of the organization is contrary to the Charter?
            No one forces anyone to lobby against the charter. Give me an example? This thing came up because trudope is a feminist who loves to have babies die, using women’s rights as his excuse. Pro life charities were getting funding, and the man boy got upset, so he added this stupid attestation. He already lost to the Toronto right to life association, for discrimination and two other groups. They will beat him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982

PART I

CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS

Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law:
              Shit. That's me ****ed then

Comment

The abortionists behind this latest move by our dumbest pm ever, has said the government has gone too far. The group which pushed the government to do something, said they overstepped their bounds! Lol

Lawsuits pending. In the meantime, those nasty and useless organizations like ours, will have to make other plans. Thankfully, conservative people are generous people, and our camp will go on.

Comment

No one forces anyone to lobby against the charter.
                  Well yes they do. And that is the problem.

you can search the web for examples and exactly why this came to be. Spend some time doing that.

The question was, how do you prevent organizations, like yours sheep, from funding summer students to do lobbying against the charter, essentially taking away their rights?

The most direct way is not fund it. So you'll have to find some other funding source to force Canadian women to do what YOU believe they should do.

But i'm sure it will get turned over and the government will be forced to fund hate groups once again.

Comment

Well yes they do. And that is the problem.

you can search the web for examples and exactly why this came to be. Spend some time doing that.

The question was, how do you prevent organizations, like yours sheep, from funding summer students to do lobbying against the charter, essentially taking away their rights?

The most direct way is not fund it. So you'll have to find some other funding source to force Canadian women to do what YOU believe they should do.

But i'm sure it will get turned over and the government will be forced to fund hate groups once again.
                    Lol. So our bible camp, which has never, and will never, lobby for anything, gets its summer students cut? Lol because we are forcing women to not kill their babies? Wow. I suggest you search a bit. I know exactly why this came about, and it is not as you say. Also, what happened to your towing the line that only groups whose “core causes” were anti abortion would be affected? What happened there?

Comment

Not a problem for my farm since its primary focus is not lobbying against the Charter.

You can be anti whatever you want and lobby against whatever you want.

Just don't expect to get a job as a summer student with an organization whose primary focus is to lobby against the charter of rights and freedom and expect to receive government funding for it.

This is not complicated. Wing nut religious organizations FFS.

Once again demonstrating the power of effective marketing of lies and myth to a society of people completely unable to critically think for themselves.

I get the point here , so that brings the question , why not have a check box denouncing all forms of terrorism as well?
                      No one should get federal funding of any sort if they support any form of terrorism.. no?

Comment

Lol. So our bible camp, which has never, and will never, lobby for anything, gets its summer students cut? Lol because we are forcing women to not kill their babies? Wow. I suggest you search a bit. I know exactly why this came about, and it is not as you say. Also, what happened to your towing the line that only groups whose “core causes” were anti abortion would be affected? What happened there?
                        Well then yes it will get cut since you disagree with the charter. You'll have to look elsewhere then the government of Canada.

Question for you then, why would you accept money from the government since your beliefs are completely different?

The whole statement reads:

“To be eligible, the core mandate of the organization must respect individual human rights in Canada, including the values underlying the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Charter) as well as other rights. These include reproductive rights and the right to be free from discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.”

Would you hire any same sex couples? I'm thinking not. 1956 called, they want their discrimination and hatred back.

Comment

So it really is an interesting question, if your organization doesn't fully support the charter of rights and freedoms, should it get any funding from the government?

In no way does that prevent you from believing what you want.

Comment

What this thread has made clear is two things - 1) it's okay to violate the Charter, or parts thereof, when the left wants to, and 2) it's nearly impossible to uphold the basis of morality where it is outright rejected.

Talk about double standard - it's a Liberal thing.

tweety loves building a strawman. What a sad person.

Comment

Not too "tweet". Our site has been highjacked by loony crack pots.

Comment

It appears that tweety et al are okay with Charter violations when their kind hold the hammer.

So in order to clear up this visual, tweety, answer this - do you support Charter rights for everyone or just those with whom you agree?

Be careful now. Because if Charter rights do not apply to all and we pick winners and losers, then we are living in a state controlled society, aka, dictatorship.

Oh wait - seems like our sock boy pm has made repeated public statements that would indicate his predisposition to that type of government...

Your turn, tweety.

Addendum:

I cannot find anywhere in the document that killing an unborn child (remember that full-term abortion is not illegal) is a Charter right.

One of the most broadly beneficial outcomes of the Reformation was the separation of Church and state. Trudeau 1 and trudum 2 have done more than any other Canadian leader in our history to undo that separation. This is merely the latest - and greatest - attempt of the state to subvert the Church into merely a subservient factotum of the Canadian landscape.

The reason? Rejecting (however subversively) the highest moral authority gives the sense of freedom from personal failure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.