• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming WTF??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Now as far as governments go there is some hope on the horizon, we have Jason Kenney, we have 2 out of the 3 candidates of the Ontario P.C. Party coming out against a carbon tax, the new Premier of Saskatchewan the same. If the Ontario P.C.'s win and Jason Kenney wins the debate could get interesting in Canada.

It sounds like Ontario PC candidates are now 3 for 3 against the carbon tax.

With Alberta and Federal governments being as unpopular as they are now the long term future of a carbon tax is looking unlikely.

Comment

Out mit the shcrap!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        “I don’t think there’s doom and gloom,” he said.

“You’re not farming the way you did 25 years ago. It’s going to change.”

Continued:
        It already has. Tenuta has done the math. “Every year we use more fertilizer.” Over the last two decades, fertilizer use has increased by about one to 1.5 pounds per year acre for major field crops.

We can’t keep increasing our nitrogen use and also lower emissions. “Our immediate challenge as farmers and an industry is to produce more food with the same amount of nitrogen or less. Nitrogen use efficiency in our system has to improve.”

Nobody likes a tax, especially not a tax that could damage our ability to compete internationally, and can’t be passed on to our buyers.

Tenuta didn’t expect the crowd to like his talk. When he put up his final slide, the audience started to laugh, and Tenuta laughed too. The slide title? “What pisses you off the most?”

These were our options, laid out on Tenuta’s slide:

“no-till doesn’t count much for credits;
        increased yields don’t count for credits;
        possibly paying more for fuel;
        possibly paying for N2O emissions from soil;
        possible restrictions on N fertilizer use;
        not gonna be easy to reduce N2O emissions; and,
        university researchers doing GHG research.”

If we’re going to remain profitable and adapt to the changes coming in the future, we’re all going to need to keep that sense of humour intact.

*This number was changed on April 9, 2017, to reflect errors that were included in previous versions.
        AddThis Sharing Buttons
        That’s all based on N fertilizer sources without N stabilizers. What’s the numbers for N fertilizer with N stabilizers?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          With Alberta and Federal governments being as unpopular as they are now the long term future of a carbon tax is looking unlikely.
          Are they unpopular? I don't follow news or political polls really. I know the people I talk to think they're unpopular, but the people I talk to didn't want them in to begin with so they aren't going to prosthelytize them now Hah

Sometimes it's hard to equate general population statistics with ones own when we don't associate much with people who make up the majority of the general population.

Comment

Phone a friend in another part of canada just call and have a chat then turn the conversation to Trudeau I bet the first words out of the other end is “That F$&king Idiot”

Try I did to BC Alb Man Ont and even Que.

It’s fun because like the USA the media is betting on the loser not the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
              Are they unpopular? I don't follow news or political polls really. I know the people I talk to think they're unpopular, but the people I talk to didn't want them in to begin with so they aren't going to prosthelytize them now Hah

Sometimes it's hard to equate general population statistics with ones own when we don't associate much with people who make up the majority of the general population.

Well there's just this from the Toronto Star, the Liberal's propaganda page, but what would the rest of the world know -

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2018/02/07/for-the-sake-of-peoplekind-justin-trudeau-needs-to-shut-up.html https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2018/02/07/for-the-sake-of-peoplekind-justin-trudeau-needs-to-shut-up.html

Butts' puppet is becoming an international joke, at our expense.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                Phone a friend in another part of canada just call and have a chat then turn the conversation to Trudeau I bet the first words out of the other end is “That F$&king Idiot”

Try I did to BC Alb Man Ont and even Que.

It’s fun because like the USA the media is betting on the loser not the winners.
                Yeah but if they're my friends (or your friends), they probably have similar views, experiences, upbringings, lifestyles, etc. Circles of friends tend to after all. Whether I call them in another province or another country they're going to be similar.

Now if I called the people I know who are living in the city, getting their Bachelor of Arts degrees and have no connection to agriculture or the PC parties, and are under the age of 30, then I expect I'll get a different answer. And while it's easy to say I know more people that are country raised, country orientated and PC loving than the alternatives, just because I know more like that, doesn't mean the population is majority that.

That's all my point was. Our views are skewed by our limited interactions, but it still allows us to say things like "The city people are voting for people that have no clue about rural issues!"

Comment

...or this, from Piers Morgan who is anything but a conservative -

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/961665051408117767 https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/961665051408117767

There is pretty good reason why a growing group of Canadians refuses to be defined by a braying jackass with nothing more than a recognizable name.

How embarrassing for the Liberals - they voted on foggy memories of PETrudeau, but ended up with a Gerald Butts lickspittle whose verbal diarrhea was forestalled only by a contrived, staccato speech impediment.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    That’s all based on N fertilizer sources without N stabilizers. What’s the numbers for N fertilizer with N stabilizers?
                    But if we are forced to pay extra for N stabilizers, economically we are no better off than we would have been with paying the tax, or worse, depending on the cost.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.