• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest wheat marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Yep currency was 55 to 58 range for a rew weeks wasn’t yours down as well same time?
    It was but not as much as the Aussie. Middle of July just passed we had nearly the highest street price offers of the crop year. Has dropped a bunch since then
    Click image for larger version

Name:	audcad 140820.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	770019

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Dry grain doesn't spoil in the bin. I remember going to an auction down south of Swift years ago. Bins labelled for each year and most were 8 years or more old.

We are getting screwed as farmers and its all because they have us, idiots, by the balls.

Equipment is insane.

The seed is insane.

Fert is down but wait it' is going up.

Chemical is insane.

Rent is insane if you rent.

So show me the money is gone.
      Renting land at $80-100 ac with $5.75 makes all the other inputs look pretty cheap.
      Rent more to say your farming more seems to be what most are doing these day’s.
      I personally gave up 30 quarters of rent 3 years ago .... best thing I did.
      The few dollars you make isn’t going to replace machinery that has put more hrs and wore out on someone else’s land.
      I’m now farming what I own and enjoying my life.

Comment

Wait until the landlords in western Canada get organized like the USA landlord associations have.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
          Wait until the landlords in western Canada get organized like the USA landlord associations have.

LOL Landlords are mostly all retired farmers they will never get organized or they will have a hundred different associations.

Comment

But... once the next generation has it, or in general absentee landlords

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              who fu-kin cares if they do
              no one will rent land for SFA for very long , they learn hard lessons fast

Comment

Unifying might be to standardize contracts, try to ensure payments, follow proper rotations, etc.

But to demand more money, go eff yourselves.

Farm it yourselves or sell it.

Comment

MOSCOW, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Russian wheat export prices fell
                  last week for the third week in a row, under pressure from the
                  new crop and signs it could be larger than previously assumed,
                  analysts said on Monday.
                  Russian wheat with 12.5% protein loading from Black Sea
                  ports was at $201 a tonne free on board (FOB) for supply in
                  August-September at the end of last week, down $4 from the week
                  before, agriculture consultancy IKAR said in a note.
                  Sovecon, another Moscow consultancy, pegged wheat at $200
                  per tonne, down $5. Barley fell by $1 to $182 a tonne.

IKAR and Sovecon have been raising their estimates for
                  Russia's 2020 wheat crop in the last couple of weeks, but both
                  remain cautious on its prospects in the Urals and Siberia, which
                  were hit by dry weather.
                  Corn has also been hit in Russia's south, which accounts for
                  50% of the country's sowing area, SovEcon said. The main grain
                  producing regions in the European part of Russia are expected to
                  be mostly dry this week.
                  Russia has already exported 4.5 million tonnes of grain,
                  including 3.6 million tonnes of wheat, since the start of the
                  2020/21 season on July 1, and exports are expected to speed up
                  further soon.
                  Russia's August grain exports are estimated at 4.9 million
                  tonnes, up from 3.0 million tonnes in July, Sovecon said.

Comment

Had a 8 hour drive through durum country today, a lot of it white and lookin' kinda wispy.

I'd say, plenty of thin kernels and light bushel weight. 34, 35, 36, 37 temps on the pick-up readout.
                    Same tomorrow, only with wind, ripening waaaay too fast.
                    Can't believe the lentil acres I drove past today, most of which was cut already.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      MOSCOW, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Russian wheat export prices fell
                      last week for the third week in a row, under pressure from the
                      new crop and signs it could be larger than previously assumed,
                      analysts said on Monday.
                      Russian wheat with 12.5% protein loading from Black Sea
                      ports was at $201 a tonne free on board (FOB) for supply in
                      August-September at the end of last week, down $4 from the week
                      before, agriculture consultancy IKAR said in a note.
                      Sovecon, another Moscow consultancy, pegged wheat at $200
                      per tonne, down $5. Barley fell by $1 to $182 a tonne.

IKAR and Sovecon have been raising their estimates for
                      Russia's 2020 wheat crop in the last couple of weeks, but both
                      remain cautious on its prospects in the Urals and Siberia, which
                      were hit by dry weather.
                      Corn has also been hit in Russia's south, which accounts for
                      50% of the country's sowing area, SovEcon said. The main grain
                      producing regions in the European part of Russia are expected to
                      be mostly dry this week.
                      Russia has already exported 4.5 million tonnes of grain,
                      including 3.6 million tonnes of wheat, since the start of the
                      2020/21 season on July 1, and exports are expected to speed up
                      further soon.
                      Russia's August grain exports are estimated at 4.9 million
                      tonnes, up from 3.0 million tonnes in July, Sovecon said.
                      This is the reason for the August pullback in wheat prices. Russia's crop is yielding better-than-expected after a rocky start to the growing season. Black Sea export values have eased back after surging modestly in July. Russian yields now estimated 2% higher than a year ago.

Comment

I know the answer. Grow more! Drain every slough, clear every bush, rip out all the treelines, max out inputs, grow more.

It’s worked all along, right? I mean since the nineties at least! Lol

We must keep at it and simply grow more, because it just works so well...

Comment

Minneapolis Wheat has one of the biggest moves up,,, that held,,, in a long time.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/MWZ20/interactive-chart https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/MWZ20/interactive-chart

short commentary https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/quotes/MWZ20/overview/149127/wheat-closes-with-tuesday-gains https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/quotes/MWZ20/overview/149127/wheat-closes-with-tuesday-gains

Comment

Sold my wheat today, you can thank me when the price goes up next week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...