• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest wheat marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest wheat marketing

Hog feed wheat 5.75.
    #1 13.5 for sept del is 5.43.

Grains Rally On Bearish USDA Report, Is The Low In?

https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/82662/grains-rally-on-bearish-usda-report-is-the-low-in https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/82662/grains-rally-on-bearish-usda-report-is-the-low-in

interesting comments;

re corn, Generally big crops get bigger, but the storm earlier in the week could make this year an exception. Satellite imagery suggests that there were 10-12 million acres affected, which could mark a top in production estimates.

re wheat, Fundamentals: Wheat prices were unable to advance yesterday, despite strength in corn and beans. Yesterdays USDA report showed 2020/2021 ending stocks at 925 million bushels, about 21 million bushels below the average estimate.

Export sales:Net sales of 367,900 metric tons (MT) for 2020/2021 were down 39 percent from the previous week and 45 percent from the prior 4-week average.

Comment

Comment

Sold my spring thrashed wheat for more money than #1 protein 13.9 plus wheat is going for now. God this is sickening.

Comment

Just harvest happy hour , thats all
          Hardly sold any “feed?” wheat for under $7 from last year
          Got as high as $8.10 for some 17.2 px
          All our wheat was good px tho

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            Sold my spring thrashed wheat for more money than #1 protein 13.9 plus wheat is going for now. God this is sickening.
            Thought Ritz fixed all that when he gave you marketing freedom you can sell for what ever, whenever and wherever you want for however much you want to sell for. LOL

Comment

Think my calculation correct.

Wheat forwards here got as high as $9.59 cents per bushel back in April. $356 per tonne.

Did you guys have same opportunity? Legit question what was your peak?

PS I didn’t get it got it on way up but not peak.

Many farmers here sold 100% of expected production at that , well if we can’t produce or deliver we will just buy other farmers to wheat to fill contract.

This year masterstoke balls of steel to do physical at those levels. Doesn’t always pan out that way.

Sask3 or chuck someone might reply what was your peak the above 356 is port price $326 on farm. If ya can convert to $per tonne helps my simple mind

Starting to think Aussie crop is gonna be mega with huge exportable surplus which we ain’t had for years

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Hog feed wheat 5.75.
                #1 13.5 for sept del is 5.43.
                And feed is usually fob farm yard, dockage non deductable. milling wheat, deduction for everything, be lucky if you get $5.00 for 1 rs 13.5. Mine staying in the bin this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  Thought Ritz fixed all that when he gave you marketing freedom you can sell for what ever, whenever and wherever you want for however much you want to sell for. LOL
                  It’s not great but it’s a phuk of a lot better than hauling in your “quota” that barely paid for the trucking and then waiting for over a year for the rest

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                    And feed is usually fob farm yard, dockage non deductable. milling wheat, deduction for everything, be lucky if you get $5.00 for 1 rs 13.5. Mine staying in the bin this year.
                    Correct viterra has 5.50 for #3 wht..no protein??
                    No wonder all neighbors are putting up bins..

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      Think my calculation correct.

Wheat forwards here got as high as $9.59 cents per bushel back in April. $356 per tonne.

Did you guys have same opportunity? Legit question what was your peak?

PS I didn’t get it got it on way up but not peak.

Many farmers here sold 100% of expected production at that , well if we can’t produce or deliver we will just buy other farmers to wheat to fill contract.

This year masterstoke balls of steel to do physical at those levels. Doesn’t always pan out that way.

Sask3 or chuck someone might reply what was your peak the above 356 is port price $326 on farm. If ya can convert to $per tonne helps my simple mind

Starting to think Aussie crop is gonna be mega with huge exportable surplus which we ain’t had for years
                      Not even close. As Case says there were some nice premiums for high protein but standard 1 13.5 didn't get much higher than 250 CAD in any forward month going back to January 2020 delivery month.

Don't forget last spring the Aussie dollar was in the basement. Didn't hurt your price quotes

Comment

Have around 12k left, 7500 of it is a 1, quoted a price of $5.37, 2 was $5.27 .... crooks are out in full force.
                        Are we in 1975 ... absolutely pathetic how we as farmers are being treated? Oh right there’s a huge crop on its way. Good luck to all we are all going to need it.

Comment

You can't store grain hoping for price to go up it will spoil in the bin the market knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                            Not even close. As Case says there were some nice premiums for high protein but standard 1 13.5 didn't get much higher than 250 CAD in any forward month going back to January 2020 delivery month.

Don't forget last spring the Aussie dollar was in the basement. Didn't hurt your price quotes
                            Yep currency was 55 to 58 range for a rew weeks wasn’t yours down as well same time?

Comment

Dry grain doesn't spoil in the bin. I remember going to an auction down south of Swift years ago. Bins labelled for each year and most were 8 years or more old.

We are getting screwed as farmers and its all because they have us, idiots, by the balls.

Equipment is insane.

The seed is insane.

Fert is down but wait it' is going up.

Chemical is insane.

Rent is insane if you rent.

So show me the money is gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.