• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Got smoked about three yesterday by a wicked hailstorm. About a mile wide, ten miles long. Course it nailed me. Looks a lot like 100% to me.

Golf ball sized in amounts I have never seen before. Nor has my 80 something neighbor.

I guess I’ll never know now what my wicked, beautiful barley would have yielded.

I was out baling. Never have I seen such a benign and boring cloud pack such intensity. I thought the windows were going to break. A bit more wind and it would have been much more destructive.

It could be worse. But it sure as heck sucks.
    Thats too bad , Sure is disheartening

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Thats too bad , Sure is disheartening
      And sheepwheat will be told he isn't trying hard enough. ...

Comment

Sorry to hear that sheep it looked ugly on radar I think some south guys also had hail

Comment

Sorry to hear sheep

Sweet corn at home got shredded a bit but still given er ....

Comment

Nice our corn, and other stuff is just getting going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Got smoked about three yesterday by a wicked hailstorm. About a mile wide, ten miles long. Course it nailed me. Looks a lot like 100% to me.

Golf ball sized in amounts I have never seen before. Nor has my 80 something neighbor.

I guess I’ll never know now what my wicked, beautiful barley would have yielded.

I was out baling. Never have I seen such a benign and boring cloud pack such intensity. I thought the windows were going to break. A bit more wind and it would have been much more destructive.

It could be worse. But it sure as heck sucks.
              Saw the storm track, wondered about you, feels crappy so close to harvest. We got smashed in 83 in middle of harvest. Still a bad memory. NO hail insurance either.

Comment

One year I dropped coverage but that was a low hail year on pins and needles every storm. I still think if a guy put the equivalent of premium in an account and after 5 years you wouldn't actually need to insure as most claims are one or two 100% and rest 5 to 10% on most.

Comment

Well with today's rain we have hit the 6-inch mark for rain since April 1 2020.

Its time to call it a day on rain and now let the sunshine and bring on harvest 2020.

Comment

Who does independent hail adjustment?
                    I thought I seen a post on here ?

Comment

furrow, are you with a company "that is new to you" this year?
                      haven't previously used them?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        One year I dropped coverage but that was a low hail year on pins and needles every storm. I still think if a guy put the equivalent of premium in an account and after 5 years you wouldn't actually need to insure as most claims are one or two 100% and rest 5 to 10% on most.
                        I sleep the best when I know I don't have to deal with hail adjusters. Just saying. To each their own...
                        Low hail area.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          We got 26 x what our premium was this year
                          Pretty good return
                          Hail here 7 years outta 10 , but never like this year
                          Wouldnt be without it
                          Have got enough in lifetime to pay 3-4 lifetimes of premiums
                          1/3 of farm is black

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            furrow, are you with a company "that is new to you" this year?
                            haven't previously used them?
                            Had them before but was never in a claim position with this particular company before

SMHI has been very close in area , everyone says they were fair with claims .
                            Might be switching unless these guys step up
                            Even if they do after the fact not sure I need this grief again

Comment

We are also looking at switching back to Municipal hail and just have it. Low hail area but every three or so years I get hit badly on a quarter here or there.

Comment

Wouldnt it be nice to have extra cash to put away the premium and also pay the premium. Oh, wait we farm in Canada where Trudeau and BOBOO and our farm groups are happy we are selling Canola and couldn't care if other countries are profiting to the tune of two dollars a bushel. Or like the USA where Bayer and Cargill have carbon capture programs that actually pay the producer money not a guy with an idea that a politician believes is great.

USA Cargill pays the equivalent of 67.00 an acre do the math it's fun and well that is a good check.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...