• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China still isn't buying Canola maybe it is about politics? You Think!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China still isn't buying Canola maybe it is about politics? You Think!

The experts at the Canola council came out this week and now say china still isnt back in the canola game with Canada and only about 1/3 of what they use to buy is going there.

They say its more about politics than disease etc. Whatever flavor of BS they are hurting Western Canadian farmers.

Canola is still moving to china but now a middle country buys from Canada at a discount then the boat is loaded and papers say specific country the boat leaves and heads straight to china. Documents changed and all is good. Middle man country makes a cool $2. a bushel all is good.

Those who say we need to get our money from the market I agree but this is a total shit show caused by our own federal gov and they do nothing for farmers in Canada but as of today Trudeau just pissed away another 182 million on ****ing masks to a company in Quebec with zero factory thanks to SNLavalin and that is all ok.

Come on Canadian farm groups your being played.

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    The experts at the Canola council came out this week and now say china still isnt back in the canola game with Canada and only about 1/3 of what they use to buy is going there.

They say its more about politics than disease etc. Whatever flavor of BS they are hurting Western Canadian farmers.

Canola is still moving to china but now a middle country buys from Canada at a discount then the boat is loaded and papers say specific country the boat leaves and heads straight to china. Documents changed and all is good. Middle man country makes a cool $2. a bushel all is good.

Those who say we need to get our money from the market I agree but this is a total shit show caused by our own federal gov and they do nothing for farmers in Canada but as of today Trudeau just pissed away another 182 million on ****ing masks to a company in Quebec with zero factory thanks to SNLavalin and that is all ok.

Come on Canadian farm groups your being played.
    Hmmm , took them this long to come to this conclusion?? Wow
    Some have actually said on here that politics have nothing to do with grain markets ....... 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Hmmm , took them this long to come to this conclusion?? Wow
      Some have actually said on here that politics have nothing to do with grain markets ....... 🙄
      Yup and those are the people representing farmers...head in the sand types....

Guys that like to pat the politicians on the back ....and then they can have a go at the political scene...

Go to AGM of any checkoff group and you will see a group of incompetent people that have been representing farmers for decades....for the most part....

Those that question or raise their voices are radicals....and will meet the wrath of the farm groups....

Comment

Why did this come out now? Follow the money.

Farmers are fed up and pulling money out of the groups funding so damage control.

Have to keep the games continuing.

Comment

I maybe wrong but isn't there a paper called 'end user certificate' that stated when grain was sold it was to end user and couldn't be resold?

But I guess when buyers are all multinational companies or foreign owned they can do as they please.

Their job is to buy as cheap as possible from producers and sell as high as possible where ever they can and they are damd good at their jobs.

Just like farmers are damd good at their job of producing as much as they can.

Comment

Why did this come out now? Follow the money.

Farmers are fed up and pulling money out of the groups funding so damage control.

Have to keep the games continuing.
            Exactly, if farmers did not start pulling money , absolutely nothing would have been said .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Exactly, if farmers did not start pulling money , absolutely nothing would have been said .
              And yet at the Saskpulse AGM it was hard to get a second on the resolution to make the checkoff refundable or voluntary and was of course soundly defeated...

35 million gets sucked out of farmers pockets every year and what is there to show for it????

The Saskatchewan Agriculture minister was at the back of the room when the resolution passed for a program for carbon credits for farmers ....he went on a 4 billion spending spree to help 250 farmers instead...

The province has the money to help farmers and rejuvenate the industry with youth....they choose not to....even with the average age of farmers at 58 years....

Comment

Canola check-off was the least per tonne amongst my application for refunds . But is one of the most expensive crops to grow. Am I paying for research to have SeedCos continually ramp up seed costs with their new wonder traits?

Some varieties up to almost $700/ bag..... fùck me! And ya, the market access thing.... but when your own government is somewhat to blame? How do you fight government incompetence? Or foreign government sanctions/ tariffs?

There was probably some good work being done by some commodity groups, but I want my money now. It won't make or break me but.... I've never asked for refunds before, just the last two years and I've been farming a while now.

And then there's the duplication between the provinces and national and provincial level in some commodities.

If your levy dollars that go to research are used to extract higher seed cost money from you, in the past and future when the seed tax is in force, ask yourself what you are actually paying for.

Comment

just last week viterra was literally begging for canola so the question is if we can get rid of it without China where is it going? Through other countries then to China?
                  And if not when they get back in the game surely we ll
                  Get the 2.00 a bushel we are losing?

Comment

Some canola is going to europe, some short crops there, for a change.
                    Short wheat crops too, but russia filling their needs,,, so far.

Comment

Thinking back on all the starry eyed meetings I've been at talking about quality blah blah.
                      I now realize that no one buys a commodity because they want to. Think about that for a while.
                      In the context of canola, wheat, or oil.
                      The new norm is a new Cold War using trade.

Comment

Yes it’s like wheat I’m delivering today that the contract was done in April for June delivery. Yep they get to play with a pile of grain and this stupid farmer held it for them the whole time. Good times as I wait in line in August.

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER;460831]Yes it’s like wheat I’m delivering today that the contract was done in April for June delivery. Yep they get to play with a pile of grain and this stupid farmer held it for them the whole time. Good times as I wait in line in August.

That would be check-off money well spent,,, if they would put some effort into designing delivery contracts with the graincos, that are more balanced, and compensate the farmer for holding grain for them past the delivery window. Contracts across the board should be improved, including specialty contracts.

Comment

It’s time for regular farmers to start questioning all the bs going on in agriculture.

Because in reality it’s guys like Chucky that run for these boards and since most farmers don’t care they create policy that quite frankly sucks.

Prove me wrong?

Comment

It’s time for regular farmers to start questioning all the bs going on in agriculture.

Because in reality it’s guys like Chucky that run for these boards and since most farmers don’t care they create policy that quite frankly sucks.

Prove me wrong?
                              Got names of these guys? Can't think of any in Alberta Commissions or Most the ones in Ottawa with the mind set you refer to.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.