• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus response can ‘reshape the future of energy,’ IEA says in annual report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus response can ‘reshape the future of energy,’ IEA says in annual report

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/13/coronavirus-response-can-reshape-the-future-of-energy-iea-says.html https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/13/coronavirus-response-can-reshape-the-future-of-energy-iea-says.html

Going forward, IEA believes that renewables will take “starring roles,” and solar will take “center stage,” driven by supportive government policies and declining costs.

“I see solar becoming the new king of the world’s electricity markets,” said Fatih Birol, IEA’s executive director. “Based on today’s policy settings, it is on track to set new records for deployment every year after 2022.”

On the other hand, IEA forecasts that coal demand will not return to pre-coronavirus levels, and that it will account for less than 20% of energy consumption by 2040, for the first time since the Industrial Revolution. Oil will remain “vulnerable to the major economic uncertainties resulting from the pandemic,” with demand starting to decline after 2030, the agency said.

https://www.iea.org/news/world-energy-outlook-2020-shows-how-the-response-to-the-covid-crisis-can-reshape-the-future-of-energy https://www.iea.org/news/world-energy-outlook-2020-shows-how-the-response-to-the-covid-crisis-can-reshape-the-future-of-energy

World Energy Outlook from International Energy Agency

Renewables take starring roles in all our scenarios, with solar centre stage. Supportive policies and maturing technologies are enabling very cheap access to capital in leading markets. Solar PV is now consistently cheaper than new coal- or gas-fired power plants in most countries, and solar projects now offer some of the lowest cost electricity ever seen. In the Stated Policies Scenario, renewables meet 80% of global electricity demand growth over the next decade. Hydropower remains the largest renewable source, but solar is the main source of growth, followed by onshore and offshore wind.

“I see solar becoming the new king of the world’s electricity markets. Based on today’s policy settings, it is on track to set new records for deployment every year after 2022,” said Dr Fatih Birol, the IEA Executive Director. “If governments and investors step up their clean energy efforts in line with our Sustainable Development Scenario, the growth of both solar and wind would be even more spectacular – and hugely encouraging for overcoming the world’s climate challenge.”

Cue the renewable electricity skeptics to tell the IEA that renewables will never work. Of course the skeptics know more about renewables than the IEA! LOL

And electricity is a commodity that farmers can produce, use, sell and buy everyday.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 13, 2020, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Here we go again

Would you get lost already
      And you have a great day too!

So why didn't you tell Klause to get lost when he discussed his solar system! LOL
      Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 13, 2020, 08:00.

Comment

Hmmm , using the flu pandemic to push an agenda.... who would have thought eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          I will have a great day

Everyday is a great day

Not going sit here and debate the China flu and energy sources for ****s sake

Get a life
          Whose forcing you to read or debate anything? LOL

Comment

Somebody should propose to just let market forces determine the future of energy. Whatever sources have merit, they will be used. Too radicle eh? Must have bureaucratic influencers shape the future.

Comment

"Solar PV is now consistently cheaper than new coal- or gas-fired power plants in most countries, and solar projects now offer some of the lowest cost electricity ever seen."

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Hmmm , using the flu pandemic to push an agenda.... who would have thought eh ?
                Trudeau and his team thought of it...how else do you double the national debt in one year.

Comment

In the meantime coal shortages in China?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    Somebody should propose to just let market forces determine the future of energy. Whatever sources have merit, they will be used. Too radicle eh? Must have bureaucratic influencers shape the future.
                    So are the distorting billions in subsidies and distorting policies for O&G part of the market forces?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      I don't know how anything works but how can you have oil at 1970s prices and gasoline at the current levels...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        And you have a great day too!

So why didn't you tell Klause to get lost when he discussed his solar system! LOL
                        wasnt his , his inlaws , did you read it , but full of details. real life details , not some cut and paste horseshit
                        klause is very intelligent , open minded and people like to hear what he has to say, unlike your liberal propaganda bullshit
                        funny , we have never saw numbers on your imaginary system?
                        Last edited by caseih; Oct 13, 2020, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          I don't know how anything works but how can you have oil at 1970s prices and gasoline at the current levels...
                          well shit, its the same as wheat at 1970's prices and bread at todays prices

Comment

I posted my solar output numbers many months ago and I got the same response as i am getting now! HAHA

But the IEA wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              I posted my solar output numbers many months ago and I got the same response as i am getting now! HAHA

But the IEA wrong?
                              Every wonder why you get the same response?? Probably not , Blathin hit the nail on the head a while ago in one of her posts .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.