• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wx / Drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post
    Around here everyone pays based on a scale ticket. There can be alot of variability in bale weights. Especially in a dry year. The areas of the field with a little more snow or moisture give a heavier swath and usually alittle heavier bale. And sometimes finer hay can surprise you with how heavy of a bale you can make.
    By choice I would buy feed on analysis (done at my expense) and at least a representative sample weighed but when feed gets short some guys go crazy and others get greedy. I've sent samples away in the past only to discover later the seller sold the bales to someone who drove into his yard an hour after I left. Thankfully there are still many decent people to do business with though and my bad experiences have only been a small percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Leafcutter bees are worthless so might be better to turn them into compost and grow alfalfa?
      I am sure NE Sask can still grow a decent hay crop but we are just so far from the areas that need it.
      What do you think Case?
      Thats what we did
      Put them in the garden
      Hope they dont grow into more bees lol
      Yea we will get some hay here , its all signed up to the dehy plant
      Cant believe how wet the ground got from that 3-4 tenths
      Lots still to wet to work
      Mudded barley in thats gonna want a rain

Comment

Yes made a mess to get the last of the peas in [IMG]https://www.agriville.com/upload_image/uploades/medium/4451558396324.jpg[/IM

Comment

Try the pic again

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            By choice I would buy feed on analysis (done at my expense) and at least a representative sample weighed but when feed gets short some guys go crazy and others get greedy. I've sent samples away in the past only to discover later the seller sold the bales to someone who drove into his yard an hour after I left. Thankfully there are still many decent people to do business with though and my bad experiences have only been a small percentage.
            Yes, you live long enough, you will meet several people where a handshake or their word means nothing.

Comment

Mild improvement in a few areas... Wx models all over the map. the 00z had us down for next to nothing in the 10 day, the 06z had us down for 1.25", 12z has us down for zip again. For my own sanity i need to quit looking. Google chrome on my phone says my most visited sites are:
              1)pivotal weather
              2)environment canada schuler radar
              3)agriville
              4)yr.no
              5)meteologix.com
              6)daily weather discussion @ kamala.cod.edu
              7)firesmoke.ca
              8)wxmaps.org

think I need to detox

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                Mild improvement in a few areas... Wx models all over the map. the 00z had us down for next to nothing in the 10 day, the 06z had us down for 1.25", 12z has us down for zip again. For my own sanity i need to quit looking. Google chrome on my phone says my most visited sites are:
                1)pivotal weather
                2)environment canada schuler radar
                3)agriville
                4)yr.no
                5)meteologix.com
                6)daily weather discussion @ kamala.cod.edu
                7)firesmoke.ca
                8)wxmaps.org

think I need to detox
                Take a break .... I did . Amazing to get get away and clear head 👍

But I hear ya , every weather model is completely different and drives a guy nuts constantly looking

Comment

Oh, how I wish we were a Furrow today. We had a wonderful shower in Regina yesterday but wet only a few inches down. Apples are blooming and Bumbles are bumbling. 🌈There will be more, don’t worry - bee happy🐝

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Take a break .... I did . Amazing to get get away and clear head 👍

But I hear ya , every weather model is completely different and drives a guy nuts constantly looking
                    Most recent forecast has us starting down 5 out of the next 7 days at 80°f+. Might be a good time to vacate to the lake. Lord help us if the wind blows at the same time.

Comment

Well the summer forecast is out for what its worth;

SASKATCHEWAN AND MANITOBA
                      A changeable summer is expected across the region with back and forth swings in temperature that will likely tip to the cool side of normal across eastern Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Most of the region has started the growing season with drier than normal conditions. However, near-normal rainfall is expected for the summer across a large part of the region which will reduce the threat for widespread and prolonged drought conditions, especially across the south.
                      However, parts of the central and northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba are at risk for drier than normal conditions. Smoke from wildfires to the west and northwest will likely become an issue during the summer

Comment

The smoke will save our crops....as a matter of fact I am not sure why we are not starting fires now.....lmao

Comment

We got 9/10 of rain in a real nice slow shower saturday afternoon, first measurable rain of the year. Back seeding today, but wow by 3pm I'm making dust again direct seeding. Thankfull but were gonna need some more.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            Yes, you live long enough, you will meet several people where a handshake or their word means nothing.
                            First come, first serve, bring cash. If your spending time and money on feed analysis, your not actually short of feed. Cattle guys here were fighting over 10 year old hay this past spring, stored outside in triangle stacks uncovered. Probably spent 30-40 cents a pound for all the feed value that was left in them. But it was either that or a lot of cows were getting their throats slit. I am amazed hay wasn't being stolen in the area, people were that short and desperate. I was counting some of my remote (but easily accessible) stacks often to make sure my godly Mennonite neighbors weren't helping themselves which they have been known to do - because after all, is it really a sin to steal from a heathen?

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                              If your spending time and money on feed analysis, your not actually short of feed. ..
                              Difference between running a business and a s##% show.

Comment

Can't it had nothing to do with you or your attitude Grass.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.