• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain event ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize it wasn't a pile but it's a small sweet victory that will help ensure shallow seeded flax, canola and mustard that was possibly stranded in dry dirt gets a chance.

Caseih, Now I can start looking!

Comment

About a half inch out west of Edmonton and it was pretty general and gentle too. The grass finally has enough gas to get in gear ......... a little late but better than never. Gotta get some fence checked and a bunch more pairs vaccinated then the cows and I are both happy.

Hayfield looks promising although the Timothy has some heads showing already and it’s quite short.

Comment

Only 2 mills..

Comment

6/10 today. 8/10 on our west land. First moisture since the snow melted.

Comment

Explain to my son digging gumbo out of the drill packers the difference between liquid gold and poison.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
              Explain to my son digging gumbo out of the drill packers the difference between liquid gold and poison.
              In some instances too much of a good thing is never good. Extremes are seldom useful.

Comment

No one knows gumbo like the guy who has to use a pry bar and sledge hammer to chip the packed solid -with - mud packers. That experience parallels the lasting memories of bleeding knuckles after cutting buckwheat out of combine cylinder with a saber saw during lentil combining. (One of those truly precious lasting memories).

Comment

Well, we got skunked for rain and its on to finish seeding today. Or F#$k it tomorrow as I really don't care this year. So total for the month is like Grass would say count every drop. Piss all like pissing in the wind. Oh, and do we have winds this year.

Hailed in Regina at the house. My camera at one point showed the back yard white and my sons truck had what looked like snow on the hood. Wascana creek was running. So a hard fast rain and gravel looked dry on side of the road when we got back.

Comment

Feegoose Makoo here just heavy frost here this morning. Does that mean it will rain here November 25?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      In some instances too much of a good thing is never good. Extremes are seldom useful.
                      Except that's always agriculture in Canada. Too much, too little, too late. Grown a crop on one or two rains past few yrs. Before that I had 30% of my land base flooded for a few yrs. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

If you believe farmzone..
                        Next chance of rain for us is June 8th...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Except that's always agriculture in Canada. Too much, too little, too late. Grown a crop on one or two rains past few yrs. Before that I had 30% of my land base flooded for a few yrs. This is getting ridiculous.
                          Certainly a land of extremes. Very grateful to get rain on Friday, then another 1/4" yesterday and spitting again this morning. It's only 4C at 9.30 though - but supposed to be 24C by Tuesday!

Comment

10 day precipitation forecast. Whens it going to be too late to put soybeans in in the midwest?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

10 day precipitation forecast. Whens it going to be too late to put soybeans in in the midwest?
                              I would say if guys aren't in by first week or so in June she is a write off. They wont take the chance after that and will just get insurance.

Great ag reset. trade war combined with weather disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                No one knows gumbo like the guy who has to use a pry bar and sledge hammer to chip the packed solid -with - mud packers. That experience parallels the lasting memories of bleeding knuckles after cutting buckwheat out of combine cylinder with a saber saw during lentil combining. (One of those truly precious lasting memories).
                                Best memory for me is cutting flaxstraw outta feeder paddles on a 750 massey with a chainsaw and sawzall and pulling straw till your fingers bled

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.