• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are on our own....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scariest words in the English language is: I'm from the Government and I'm here to help.

I dont want any help, if you think they cant find some way to make things worse I say you wrong.

Not that I wouldn't take a handout, but that doesnt help anything other than prolong the problems. Bombardier, Sobeys et all should not
    have been subsidized and neither should farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
      The real problem is the current crop of asshats in our federal government. John Manley said months ago that arresting Mung Wong Ding Dong was a colossal f-up and that's what the Chinese are really pissed about. Its not so much that we dared to arrest her, its that we didn't know how the game is played. The feds knew 3 or 4 days in advance that she was coming to Vancouver. Normally they would have used that time to get word to her and she would never have landed. This PMO is the gang that can't shoot straight - they were likely all in the pub by noon on Friday and nobody got around to making the phone call. When simple stupidity explains any given situation you don't need to look for further explanation.
      So upon a request from the US, with whom we have an extradition agreement, to apprehend the woman would you have been in favour of pissing off the Americans by forewarning her not to move through customs - in other words would you rather have been in the good books of the Chinese and had Trump unleash another round of crazy on Canada or what we have now with China - which may in fact have more to do with their decreased need to import hog feed due to their disease issues?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        So upon a request from the US, with whom we have an extradition agreement, to apprehend the woman would you have been in favour of pissing off the Americans by forewarning her not to move through customs - in other words would you rather have been in the good books of the Chinese and had Trump unleash another round of crazy on Canada or what we have now with China - which may in fact have more to do with their decreased need to import hog feed due to their disease issues?
        I would hope in this day and age Canada could have covertly got the message to her.

It wouldn't have had to be obvious.

Or maybe we were damned if we do or damned if we don't.

Comment

which may in fact have more to do with their decreased need to import hog feed due to their disease issues?
          This statement wont age well. I will bring it back when they ban Canadian lobster and fish next.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            This statement wont age well. I will bring it back when they ban Canadian lobster and fish next.
            I have never seen a oriental throw back a fish. This would be historic lol

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
              I have never seen a oriental throw back a fish. This would be historic lol
              That was funny

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                I would hope in this day and age Canada could have covertly got the message to her.

It wouldn't have had to be obvious.

Or maybe we were damned if we do or damned if we don't.
                Yes, and then someone leaks the story to the press and I'd bet there would have been cries of outrage on here reneging on our treaty obligations with the Americans to help out the Chinese. This certainly was a no-win or damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for the Canadian Government.

Comment

Yes, and then someone leaks the story to the press and I'd bet there would have been cries of outrage on here reneging on our treaty obligations with the Americans to help out the Chinese. This certainly was a no-win or damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for the Canadian Government.
                  It was John Manley who made the original comment. Neither of us has been inside Cabinet but he has. I'm inclined not to believe him because he's a Lib but according to him it happens all the time. That has the ring of truth because I don't remember many high profile extradition cases. Nobody here really knows but what the current Libs did clearly isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                    It was John Manley who made the original comment. Neither of us has been inside Cabinet but he has. I'm inclined not to believe him because he's a Lib but according to him it happens all the time. That has the ring of truth because I don't remember many high profile extradition cases. Nobody here really knows but what the current Libs did clearly isn't working.
                    Trudeau managed to make trade with China the worst it possibly could be. (And India and several other countries as well.)

If Bombardier sales or SNC-Lavalin contracts were on the line an arrest would of never happened. She would of been sent gifts and told to stay out of Canada.

Comment

Jazz, I think you misunderstand China. It's an entity that's been around since the beginning of time. It's a unit, all for one - in for the long haul. Unlike the US which has been led in recent times by a peanut farmer, a red neck from Arkansas and now a reality TV star. There is no comparison between them as countries and no doubt who will be the winner in the dispute - and it isn't the US.
                      The Chinese people now see the U.S. as a direct threat to their development as an emerging superpower. Their resentment of Humiliation may go back as far as the Opium wars. To attempt to humiliate China and force a deal via tariffs in this culture, well, good luck with that one. It’s doomed to fail (IMO). China has stated that they will meet with the U.S. again, but the trade deal may be back to square one. Trump doesn’t understand China and it shows.

U.S. business in China are now in for difficult times. Trump is now in a corner on how to handle this economic fallout from these tech companies that is now backtracking it’s way into the U.S. economy. Recent stock market tweets show this incoming dilemma. As for China, they have intense resolve. They will be hurt economically, but regardless, global trade patterns are now forever changed . . . .

Comment

Me thinks China don’t need te US as much as experts say ..
                        as far as food goes , they are cracking deals all over with Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Russia , Kasikstan , Ukraine and many others as well as buying huge areas in Eastern Africa to control food production.
                        If we think we are even on their radar, we’ll go down a 40 if rum and call yourself captain obvious.
                        China , Japan , India , and other major importers have absolutely zero respect for our current liberal government. So close to zero trade will happen.
                        If you believe otherwise, Santa 🎅 will be at your door in the morning.

Comment

You guys are falling for a lot of propaganda. China is a total paper tiger. Sure they cna get food from Khazakstan if they want, but they have to sell their junk here. There is no other market for it. Period. And with a billion people who still dont know what a toilet is, they are a long way from starting their own cosumer led economy. They are riddled with debt, corruption and state control apparatus. They are in the losing position clearly. Sure they can try to wait it out eat grass or whatever. The deal wont get better. Trump can impoverish them in the meantime.

US companies operating there will be given a good deal to repatriate and they better take it.

Comment

Soon as the china US dispute got hot, what did chinese consumers do, switched to domestic brands. Time we got our eyes off the cheap junk and start supporting our own industries and get this sh*t made here. We got mexican labour to compete and canadian resources to back it all and the US might to hammer it all home.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              There is no other market for it. Period.
                              That there is the key to understanding world trade. Funny how many just don't get it. China is a supernova not an emerging superpower. Bottom line is trade deals with the US matter, nothing else does.

Comment

Interesting perspective of why Trump's trade war hasn't gone well . . . .

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/perspectives/us-china-trade-war-tpp/index.html"]

My apologies, if my attempt fails to get this article to go live on the balloon setting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.