• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great community effort 👍

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is saying these kids or any kids should not be held accountable for their actions or crimes.

Some of you guys need to have a little more understanding and empathy for the underlying causes of crime and social problems.

Completely disregarding the legacy of the residential school disaster and all the mistreatment first nations have received is typical of the racist, bigoted attitudes often found on this site.

Some of you guys are an embarrassment to Agriville and fellow farm families with your redneck, yahoo, racist comments. You are starting to make Alabama look progressive.

Comment

Chuck, but there comes a time....

Their own community needs to start denouncing this stuff. We all know their treatment wasnt good but things are in place to help them up....if they choose to take advantage of them.

People can change. Cycles need to be broken and it has to start somewhere.

Staying mired in the past won't help.

Many many many races and people were persecuted and mistreated...time to move on.

I almost see what happened as a conquering of First Nations people AROUND THE GLOBE. In Canada, Europeans that would be considered "Industrialized" in comparison to the "stone aged" North Americans of the time came and took over. Two vastly different cultures and societies.

How much different would things be in North America if Europeans never showed up "only" 200 years ago?
      And would the First Nations today want to turn back the clock to that time or stay modern.

Comment

Not that this matters but I wonder what the First Nations population count was on the Prairies before the Europeans arrived.

Comment

This has nothing to do with racism, facts are facts. You proved once again poeple like you are the problem not admitting the problem and typical liberal thinking blaming us as racist. A lot of these poeple do not take care of there children. When do they take responsibility? I could get lots of actual facts of what goes on these reservations but poeple like you blame it on racism. And how does these pertain to the joke I put on here? You have no humor in life do you .

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Not that this matters but I wonder what the First Nations population count was on the Prairies before the Europeans arrived.
            Not large from what I've read. In the whole of Canada somewhere around 125,000 by 1867 but the population was already in decline by then. Over a million more than that now so despite all the problems they have there has been a population explosion. Whether that has any relevance in addressing current concerns I don't know.

Comment

I didn’t even notice who was in the bucket
              Just good to see that the community got together and caught some thieves that were terrorizing the local rural community.
              Who they are don’t matter , that fact they got caught is the point 👍, and got stopped terrorizing the local innocent rural folk .

Comment

And chuck , unless you can prove those kids parents or grandparents were actually in residential schools, that excuse is just that , an excuse to blame society. That’s getting very old already.
                Not saying the residential schools did not effect people negatively but not every single person was in one either so you could be partly right but to instantly assume and blame other issues is wrong as well .

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  No one is saying these kids or any kids should not be held accountable for their actions or crimes.

Some of you guys need to have a little more understanding and empathy for the underlying causes of crime and social problems.

Completely disregarding the legacy of the residential school disaster and all the mistreatment first nations have received is typical of the racist, bigoted attitudes often found on this site.

Some of you guys are an embarrassment to Agriville and fellow farm families with your redneck, yahoo, racist comments. You are starting to make Alabama look progressive.
                  Where did I say anything about race in my comment? Again you are inciting problems.

Comment

Similar situation here with stolen generation and ensuing issues.

But back when it happened some indigenous tribes were deemed to remote etc etc and left to there own devices sadly they to have same problems.

Communities that is some way have gone back to "traditional ways" in some way shape of form seem to be getting ahead and with vast expanses of land who are grazing cattle as a rigydige enterprise with no govt money other than start up are going ok plus some mines have huge indigenous work force.

Chucks comment at the time was correct must have been traumatic but how many generations before that cant be used as a excuse.

Grass hit interesting point re population im quite sure its the same here indigenous population has exploded.

I read a book at airports and planes whilst in canada called "firewater" and its affect of booze on natives exact same thing here. A postive some remote communites are dry and have basically always been that way the island communities that can only be reached by boat they have few problems.

Its booze ice domestic violence that comes with it sexual abuse and boredom.

But like you guys who can it be fixed???

I was local football coach for 2 years on uder 13s and we have about 8 out of the 20 indigenous kids playing loved each and every one of them, i remember one guy distinctly he wanted to be a lawyer for aboriginal rights and i dont wanna be like every one else,no grog, his parent were rough as he used to come to footy with cigarette burns on his arm inflicted by parents. I tried to report it but to no avail.

Anyway this kid who i thought was gonna turn out ok he went to school etc etc well he was in jail by the time he was 19 for selling drugs sad, whos fault no idea.

Comment

We’ve had a lot of problems and have busted quite a few thieves with the neighbors in the past few years. They end up being a “mixed” bag of trash although most of the stolen vehicles do end up on the reserve just north of us.

A cousin of my wife’s used to steal cars for $hits and giggles as a teenager till he got busted. Obviously something good happened out of that as he’s now married with two kids and as nice of person you could meet.

Sooner or later YOU need to accept responsibility for YOUR actions.

Comment

The best thing to do is to lock up teenagers up for 10 -20 years with lots of other angry misbehavers, addicts and repeat criminals. Make sure they do some hard time and maybe a little solitary so that when they come out they have all the skills and attitude to be happy and successful after they missed the last 20 years of their life.

Comment

The best thing to do is to lock up teenagers up for 10 -20 years with lots of other angry misbehavers, addicts and repeat criminals. Make sure they do some hard time and maybe a little solitary so that when they come out they have all the skills and attitude to be happy and successful after they missed the last 20 years of their life.
                          I think the best thing to do is lock u up with about 10 of them for about a year so u can teach them all the rite ways in life !! And bag of marbles I case u get bored😃😃

Comment

That’s a bad attitude you got there chuck.
                            That’s kinda harsh no ? Lol
                            The point is the got caught , they most likely won’t get much or just a slap on the hand .... you know that so don’t be an ass.

Comment

Honestly, what’s wrong with voluntary sign ups for work camps in the prison system. They used to do lots of community service activities. Actual rehab, 8 hour work days, show teach that a job isn’t that bad and actually good emotionally. I’m not talking slave labour either, teaching, training etc

Comment

Neighbors just had their one ton service truck stolen from their shed last night.
                                Fukers going after yards right now as everyone in fields .
                                Maybe the thieves should get medals 🏅 or participation ribbons instead . Make them feel more worthwhile and special eh chuck ?
                                No easy answer but the victims suffer way way more than the criminals nowadays.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.