• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My big MOUTH...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does make a guy wonder if the risk is for higher commodity prices or lower?

Wonder if and who would be contemplating or planning for worst case?

What if tariffs and trade barriers continue and trade deteriorates further than anyone thought possible?

Then:
    1 value added processing and manufacturing. Ie bio fuels ( let’s burn it up), feed and food

2 what does the Canadian govt send out every year in cash, to developing underprivileged countries? Govt of Canada replaces dollars with food stuffs - like some of the USA program do lets expand and get ours going again because we don’t do that anymore

3 expand the R&D, stimulate all mining and resource industries in general

Etc

Comment

We have yes men/women on all boards no one wants to rock the liberal boat because JT is ruthless if you do.

How well has that worked so far for us? He does shit when he gets cornered.

He's a Like a rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
        I can't disagree with any of your ideas Bucket, but would like to add a revamped revenue based crop insurance program. The federal government is floating around the idea of a minimum income level why should we not be able to insure for a minimum income. You are absolutely correct when you say we as producers are using our own equity against the coffers of other countries, and unless you have better equity than me it is a losing battle.
        YUP...even the largest farmers will eventually feel the hurt...its just a matter of time....last I heard some of those 12 combine deals were getting iffy for the dealership because they can't move the used ones.....it backs up and pretty soon the big guys can't afford the new combines and drills ....

The worst part is guys are using debt to compete with the other countries treasuries.....

In 2010 with the rain what was the bill ..1 billion to keep the farm economy and subsequent industries healthy....pretty small price to pay if 1 in 8 jobs are ag related....

4 billion to dairy has been promised....2 billion to the steel industry...western canadian ag - 0 dollars...

And the provinces won't ask for help nor will any farm group..

Comment

Do you think the Boyd farm was hurting with the scam he pulled off...the ****ing auditor of saskatchewan couldn't and wouldn't look at where the money went in the GTH scandal....it paid off the Boyd farm debt for **** sakes so he left with a handsome pension from the taxpayers and a paid off farm...never gave a shit about farmers and neither do the politicians that say they do....

I agree Boyd didn't care about anyone but himself. But I have it on good authority that he had to sell because there was no way he could put a crop in. The only way he came out with anything was to sell for $500k a quarter. Those hutterites dont know that they way overpaid.

They could have bought it from the bank.

Comment

I can tell you one thing - subsidy or ad-hoc payments are not the answer. They just get bid into land and input prices and the farmer is no better off. You also find yourself with more paperwork, more regulations and a whole raft more pen pushers to pay for.
            Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. No desire to go back.

Comment

Be interesting to hear your alternative? Go it alone? Sadly we don't have a free and open market to sell our grain/livestock(livestock maybe even less) into and we are a captive market to our suppliers of goods and services. I guess we could all quit. Hopefully have a huge reset and watch it all get out of hand over time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                I can't disagree with any of your ideas Bucket, but would like to add a revamped revenue based crop insurance program. The federal government is floating around the idea of a minimum income level why should we not be able to insure for a minimum income. You are absolutely correct when you say we as producers are using our own equity against the coffers of other countries, and unless you have better equity than me it is a losing battle.
                How would this crop insurance program work?
                Use a 5 year average and guarantee that as a minimum?

Bucket’s idea of mirroring USA programs seems like the simplest solution.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  I can tell you one thing - subsidy or ad-hoc payments are not the answer. They just get bid into land and input prices and the farmer is no better off. You also find yourself with more paperwork, more regulations and a whole raft more pen pushers to pay for.
                  Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. No desire to go back.
                  Ever seen a banker farm.....that's what you are suggesting....because family farmers are pretty efficient and are sick of this game while other industries are well taken care of. ...

Hope the latest Chinese embargo doesn't hurt your farm while it hurts your neighbors. ...

But maybe that's the opportunity you are looking for....

Subsidizing large farms will cost more in the long run....watch....

They will eventually be looking for help for labour , capital etc....

Comment

Its time to start replicating the US farm programs.

I have over the years written, now emailed that suggestion to every party of Federal Ministers....nobody hears us!\

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...